Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741797 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome:
« Reply #15870 on: July 05, 2014, 10:06:35 pm »

Al, you're feeling particularly hardboiled tonight today at this particular point in time. Monologue what you know about this two-bit sunless soul engine with its scheming seraphs and its bloodsoaked dames.
+1
+1
+1.
Approved. +1
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15871 on: July 05, 2014, 10:09:31 pm »

Al, you're feeling particularly hardboiled tonight today at this particular point in time. Monologue what you know about this two-bit sunless soul engine with its scheming seraphs and its bloodsoaked dames.
+1
+1
+1.
Approved. +1
+ all of my ones.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15872 on: July 05, 2014, 10:16:15 pm »

+1 to TWoOtA
Due to all them plusses, there needs to be a better introduction for the Hall of Legends.

...And probably a summarized form of it .__. It doesn't feel well to let a newcomer read that in its current state (the latter parts are a "bit" of a mess)

We need a new intro. Who here can describe this looted monstrous corpse best?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15873 on: July 05, 2014, 10:23:33 pm »

+1 to TWoOtA
Due to all them plusses, there needs to be a better introduction for the Hall of Legends.

...And probably a summarized form of it .__. It doesn't feel well to let a newcomer read that in its current state (the latter parts are a "bit" of a mess)

TWoOtA is an illustrated suggestion adventure about looting monsters for treasure, dungeons for plot, and video games for style.

ok someone can come up with a better one

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15874 on: July 05, 2014, 10:26:32 pm »

TWoOtA is an illustrated harvesting program about looting monsters for treasure, dungeons for plot, video games for style and players for tears.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15875 on: July 05, 2014, 10:34:53 pm »

TWoOta is an illustrated suggestion game in which the main characters alternate between doing hilariously stupid things and doing surprisingly brilliant things. It features tactical diplomacy, semi-tactical combat, and deeply strategic game-breaking manoeuvres.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:36:29 pm by Elephant Parade »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15876 on: July 05, 2014, 10:37:36 pm »

I cheated:

Wow. This is the only turn of events in a forum game, to make me feel an emotion other than mirth. This is the only forum game, to make me feel sad. Bay12, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.
We took the dying anguish of every dwarf you ever caused and unleash it in a unassuming forum game.

Edit: Or this:

I wonder if we could carry the Buy pad around with the shopkeeper on top of it like some sort of Capitalist Ark of the Covenant.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:40:09 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15877 on: July 05, 2014, 10:47:48 pm »

+1 to TWoOtA

TWoOtA is an illustrated suggestion adventure about looting monsters for treasure, dungeons for plot, and video games for style.

ok someone can come up with a better one
Twoota is an illustrated suggestion adventure game stylized in zelda I dungeon format and Problem Sleuth style characters. The story follows our "main" character Ciro , who is essentially a blank slate waiting to be filled in; although with enough of a consensus we can switch characters anytime using a tool called the Astral Influx. Ciro is attacked by the Siblings of Oric and their minions, for no other reason than being the mysterious "Target" on order from Oric. However, in traditional Bay12 fashion, we quickly ally with the first dungeon boss, and from there the players have been trying to find ways to both unlock the dark secrets of the Warrens, and simultaneously trying to break the structure of the Warrens itself.
The game itself steals shamelessly borrows inspiration from well known nintendo games.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15878 on: July 05, 2014, 10:51:51 pm »

i insist on it being a 2d capitalism simulator

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15879 on: July 05, 2014, 11:01:39 pm »

The Warrens of Oric the Awesome is a game where a blank-slate character is corrupted by the players of Bay12 in a world of LAZORGAZE Shopkeepers, Senseless Murder, and the Benediction of the Gracious Slog. It's a world of conspiracy, where no one knows the truth but thinks they do, even when they know they're wrong.

Many believe it's simply a 2D capitalism simulator, while others believe it's merely a dungeon used to collect souls to feed the Big Bad. The first theory is generally thought to be more likely.

Edit: Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 12:18:56 am by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15880 on: July 06, 2014, 03:23:36 am »

So, we know who the lord is now, but who is the king?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15881 on: July 06, 2014, 03:34:03 am »

it's kyon

~spoilers~

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15882 on: July 06, 2014, 03:43:16 am »

So, we know who the lord is now, but who is the king?

"You get spira"

"Dating his assistant"

All of this implies he is the King. You could always check out of my many theorycraftings too.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #15883 on: July 06, 2014, 04:35:03 am »

I don't think 'See you soon' rhymed. Is that important? Perhaps the Last Seraphim can't be allowed to know it'll be soon.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15884 on: July 06, 2014, 05:54:30 am »

Or perhaps the Last Seraphim already knew so Betweenford didn't bother to rhyme.

By the way, have we (Ciro) ever tried to communicate to the Last Seraphim yet?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 1544