Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1325 1326 [1327] 1328 1329 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3732348 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: DL3.2
« Reply #19890 on: April 30, 2015, 07:16:34 pm »

As a prize for completing this theory craft, the Asynchrony Catalyst gains a "Z" box for its second set of coordinates.

DAMMIT WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FIRST TWO COORDS DO

WE NEED A USER GUIDE

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19891 on: April 30, 2015, 07:57:53 pm »

Two things: One, whenever we complete a theory craft, a Soul Star gains an upgrade. If you dare have us upgrade Oric's Soul Star I will be very angry. Two, I think that the Asynchrony Catalyst has something to do with the rooms, or the dungeon levels, or whatnot. As seen in many places, rooms are denoted by coordinates. The Asynchrony Catalyst probably either moves rooms or creates rooms... or destroys rooms. The z box means we can move rooms from a dungeon level, to anywhere else in that level... or into a different level entirely. Now let's test it out.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19892 on: April 30, 2015, 08:17:30 pm »

Spirit Class: Shadow Lurker.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:49:55 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19893 on: April 30, 2015, 08:27:11 pm »

Interesting. So the sub-Ds are basically those generated outside of parameters? Hrm. Explains the general brokenness of Sub-D#D19a2, I suppose, though Underside seems a little too...Orderly, for it to be something like that. Maybe the random generator just happened to spit out something like it, or maybe it's a result of its habitation?

Also, once we switch back to Ciro and Co., we need to find Rillborn's path (If possible...The Underside could be subject to randomization just as the DLs are) and find our way back to D#D19a2, if for no other reason than that it's interesting.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19894 on: April 30, 2015, 08:44:09 pm »

Huh. I guess this might make Oric the good guy, since he's reducing the amount of energy that needs to be imported from outside.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19895 on: April 30, 2015, 09:04:09 pm »

So theoretically

Hear me out

Theoretically

Could we take a soul trap

Trigger it

do a kerjigger

Free the soul and bring it back to life? Possibly as an ally?

I like this plan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I like this plan a lot.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:19:11 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19896 on: May 01, 2015, 02:56:36 am »

I wish we'd thought of how to do that when the Stone Dragon happened. RIP THE ENTIRE GAME.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19897 on: May 01, 2015, 09:16:06 am »

As a prize for completing this theory craft, the Asynchrony Catalyst gains a "Z" box for its second set of coordinates.

DAMMIT WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FIRST TWO COORDS DO

WE NEED A USER GUIDE

Maybe... Dungeon coordinates!?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19898 on: May 01, 2015, 09:21:12 am »

Have we tried asking the Tip Lady about what Soul Stars do? She might know.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19899 on: May 01, 2015, 09:28:17 am »

We shouldn't ask her about any Soul Star. That'll probably result in info we more or less know already.

But we probably should identify what the Asynchonry Catalyst really does. That, and find out where the hell Rilitia's soul star is hiding. We should ask her about that when we have the chance. We know that she has a soul star, but we don't have a single clue at to where it is.

EDIT: Also... On the note of why Oric wanted us to killify Rilitia. I think that maybe Rilitia is able to reflect the Holy/Awesome element. This is more of a hunch, but it could explain why Oric didn't risk liquefying Rilitia and why the idea of us hanging out with her makes him all pissy.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:30:37 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19900 on: May 01, 2015, 09:46:07 am »

We shouldn't ask her about any Soul Star. That'll probably result in info we more or less know already.

But we probably should identify what the Asynchonry Catalyst really does. That, and find out where the hell Rilitia's soul star is hiding. We should ask her about that when we have the chance. We know that she has a soul star, but we don't have a single clue at to where it is.

It's probably on DL7 or DL8, since the bad guys are on those floors and Mr. and Mrs. Punctuation seemed pretty sinister.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19901 on: May 01, 2015, 11:46:33 am »

Guys. The Asynchrony Catalyst clearly moves rooms. I can type out my reasoning if you would like.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19902 on: May 01, 2015, 11:51:57 am »

Do so! You have my interest.
BIRDS.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19903 on: May 01, 2015, 02:48:16 pm »

Okay. To start with, each room is denoted by a square in a grid in the mini-map. It seems likely that each room could be denoted by a pair of numbers, and possibly a third for dungeon level. Also, that Statue talked about rooms and moving them using pairs of numbers... (3,4). It seems to me that the Catalyst does things with rooms, but what? Well, since there are two sets of coordinate input boxes, it must select two rooms. This is supported by the addition of the "z" box, which denotes up or down space in Cartesian coordinates. So it does something with two rooms, and really it seems most likely that that something is switching them because for anything else, there wouldn't need to be two sets of inputs. For the finale, look at the name. The name of a Soul Star typically hints at what it does... though the Vain Crescendo still stumps me... for instance the Astral Influx letting the Target have whoever he/she chooses be guided by the Spirits, and the Illborn Exchange letting us exchange Illborn for essence, and the Ardent Circuit manipulating circuits... you get the idea. So for Asynchrony Catalyst, it acts as a spark, a catalyst, for some sort of powerful action, and for Asynchrony, it causes un synchrony, or discord... exactly the type of discord that would be created if say, a room from dungeon level 6 was switched with a room from dungeon level 3 or 4. You know the dungeon levels all have their own theme, a river of blood found in a skyship wouldn't make sense. So... although we didn't get a z box until recently, moving a room from elsewhere in a dungeon level would still be Asynchronous. Although I am nearly certain I am correct about this, I would not recommend testing it with dungeon level 7 or 8, due to possibly provoking Oric if we tried. Once we get back to the Catalyst, I recommend that we go to a dungeon level considered safe, or normal, like Two, and type in (the room next to us), (2,2,6), which should net us a room from dungeon level Six. Mini-theorycraft get!
Generic Arms Race.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #19904 on: May 01, 2015, 03:01:52 pm »

Ow I appear to have crashed against a wall of text
Pages: 1 ... 1325 1326 [1327] 1328 1329 ... 1544