Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 [1375] 1376 1377 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3740804 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: gg
« Reply #20610 on: June 02, 2015, 06:21:44 am »

Okay, gentlemen. We need to metagame here. Metagame hard. If Lenglon was able to make a roll to see if he could break free, we need to convince the other three forumites to post a roleplaying action indicating that they don't want to fight.

Also, as we have seen in Ciro's spirit battle, these spirits suffer damage when they attack. So, in theory, we could outlast them by going full evade, while they spend their HP to attack. This strategy could be made even more efficient if once we know the range of their abilities, we position ourselves in a way that would decrease the spirits' chances of hitting us (after all, a -8 to hitting means that we will evade almost all the attacks, statistically speaking.

So, the first action should be to stand in the middle of the room (long range for everyone) and try to evade.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Prepare yourself
« Reply #20611 on: June 02, 2015, 06:34:25 am »

I'd like you guys to read this part and onward so you guys can remember how we beat our spirits the first time. 2 things you can learn form this is that spirits have around 15 health and that they have normal hp and sp. It does not cost them Hp to attack either.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20612 on: June 02, 2015, 06:37:44 am »

The only one who did take damage on attacking had a specific skill that did that:

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20613 on: June 02, 2015, 06:43:22 am »

Guys. Think back to Proxxy's Tactical Diplomacy battle with Ciro. We convinced her to be an ally, but ffs said that he had a spirit duel planned which would be fun because Proxxy could also summon spirits.

So... wait a minute. Menus. Use the Circuit on the so called chains binding the spirits. Or just summon some other spirits to aid us.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #20614 on: June 02, 2015, 06:49:23 am »

TWOOTA: where something that's clearly dumb and will get you killed is going to be the way to go even if the players voting for it outright state that it's clearly dumb and will get them killed.

gj numpnuts :v

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20615 on: June 02, 2015, 06:55:08 am »

Guys. Think back to Proxxy's Tactical Diplomacy battle with Ciro. We convinced her to be an ally, but ffs said that he had a spirit duel planned which would be fun because Proxxy could also summon spirits.

So... wait a minute. Menus. Use the Circuit on the so called chains binding the spirits. Or just summon some other spirits to aid us.
+1 to spirit on spirit clusterfuck.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20616 on: June 02, 2015, 06:57:24 am »

oh, and come to think of it: I check my menu and abilities, reminding myself of what I can and can't do.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20617 on: June 02, 2015, 06:58:28 am »

By the way, I hereby change my class to Spear Waddle Dee!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20618 on: June 02, 2015, 07:16:25 am »

OH IM IN THIS COOL

wait shit

uh UH

Well, dicks.
i conquer

this is flaming rainbow dicks

Interesting note: the Soul Trap effect is slightly different, this time; it's missing the purple. Maybe they aren't hostile?
hopefully?

Try to talk to the most friendly looking spirit.

also can we know which one is which?
Quick, you, break your chains like Lenglon tried to!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20619 on: June 02, 2015, 11:29:08 am »

no youre thinking of ecco who summons spirits to fill his groove matrix
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 12:06:22 pm by freeformschooler »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20620 on: June 02, 2015, 01:36:53 pm »

um... those aren't spirits, those are wines.
Generic Arms Race.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20621 on: June 02, 2015, 02:37:49 pm »

um... those aren't spirits, those are wines.
To my non-drinking self, it looks like brandy, vodka, cognac, and maybe some other clear stuff to me. 

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20622 on: June 02, 2015, 03:58:58 pm »

Our Spirit duel with Ecco has to involve us drinking him under the table
Pls
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20623 on: June 02, 2015, 05:59:07 pm »

So, I see four active portals just sitting there projecting spirits. They must represent a weakness between physical and spiritual. With four open at once, they cannot possible stop or control all of us.
Us: Rush the open portals, physically enter The Warrens in vast numbers. Fill the room, conduct philosophical debate concerning the body odour of the creator.
Can the menus be used to repeatedly activate the traps? The control mechanisms must have their limits, spamming spirit should suffice...

The power of love automatically breaks mind control, right? That seems consistent with all the media I have seen...
Convert one of the spirits into a magical girl and proclaim that you need them.

You could try the old "Divide and conquer" technique...
Feign weakness and proclaim that only the (vaguely indicated) beautiful one is worthy of destroying you.

Either they attack one another, so this can be resolved to a one versus one through evasion, or they do not attack one another...
Use the puppets to disguise yourself as a spirit. Also whip up some electromagnetic levitation and an eery electrical glow.

Water has been known to sever connections to spirits, getting them into the water might prevent them from being controlled.
Retreat to the water. Challenge them to a contest of "who can hold their head underwarter for the longest"...

Sudden Authorial transformation may be your only escape!
Hurl the pendant at the fourth wall, aim for F.F.S., just look for a giant trollface.

melt the hinges off the chest and nab the lid, then use the lid as a shield to lure them into close-combat in the water, then jump on the lid and electrify the water to hit them all at once.

The number of tiles in each corner may be important, try to engage the spirits in order.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20624 on: June 02, 2015, 06:29:46 pm »

melt the hinges off the chest and nab the lid

FFS loves to troll whenever someone does that
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 [1375] 1376 1377 ... 1544