Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3736026 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE BEHEMOTH SLOWLY TRUDGES ONCE MORE
« Reply #21870 on: November 16, 2015, 10:28:07 pm »

Hey, what's our evidence that Riltia is the one actively screwing with the narrative, again? I know she's been shifty in general, but the specific evidence (From raw unaltered (as best we can tell) pictures of the party and its situations) is pretty important to my theory, and a possible second idea germinating.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE BEHEMOTH SLOWLY TRUDGES ONCE MORE
« Reply #21871 on: November 16, 2015, 10:29:06 pm »

I think that was puppet!slog that talked. not real!slog
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21872 on: November 16, 2015, 10:32:31 pm »

* Fallacy affixes an aluminum cap to his head

Interesting theory. If only we could switch the Influx to Slog. But we can't, because he's Illborn.

(Someone's been reading Alloy of Law.)

The only sensible course of action here is to make Slog kill Rilitia, absorb her soul charge, and become the main character. Afterwards, we must hide the Astral Influx so as to ensure Slog will forever hold the narrative in his blue, gooey fist.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21873 on: November 16, 2015, 10:34:48 pm »

I think that was puppet!slog that talked. not real!slog
That's visibly not one of Ciro's puppets though: no hand space, no vomitinducingly poor craftsmanship... It's just Slog. Plus I'm pretty sure Ciro herself doesn't know about Riltia.

A second idea I'm considering, by the way, is that while Riltia is being super shady and is at least INVOLVED with the narrative shenanigannery, she might not be the one directly screwing with things... and whatever is is out to pin it on Riltia and get us to get rid of her. I don't have evidence for it, but it's worth thinking out as a branch of my theory.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:39:05 pm by Powder Miner »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21874 on: November 16, 2015, 10:38:52 pm »

I'm not entirely sure Riltia is going to give reliable answers, but it's better than nothing I guess.

Knowing what she isn't willing to reveal is almost as important as learning what she will!

Hey, what's our evidence that Riltia is the one actively screwing with the narrative, again? I know she's been shifty in general, but the specific evidence (From raw unaltered (as best we can tell) pictures of the party and its situations) is pretty important to my theory, and a possible second idea germinating.

Just that the narrative has only been actively screwed with since we switched to Riltia, at the same time she said "No, wait!" Whether the screwing is because Riltia is hiding things from us, or because Riltia is being controlled by something else that wants to hide things from us, or because Riltia is being controlled by something else that wants to hide things from her, or because Riltia knows she is compromised and is trying to subtly clue us into that fact are all points open for debate.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21875 on: November 16, 2015, 10:45:25 pm »

I think Riltia knowing she's compromised (or being framed) would go a long way towards explaining why there are narrative alterations in there that wouldn't fool a blind 4-year old, like the MSPaintery

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #21876 on: November 16, 2015, 10:50:15 pm »

I think Riltia knowing she's compromised (or being framed) would go a long way towards explaining why there are narrative alterations in there that wouldn't fool a blind 4-year old, like the MSPaintery
have you considered that riltia might just be really dumb
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21877 on: November 16, 2015, 11:03:22 pm »

since we switched to Riltia... Riltia is being controlled by something else that wants to hide things from us
But... Doesn't switching to people grant you control over them?
* RAM hides in a fort made of foil hats and hides the fort under a giant aluminium hat, then rocks back-and-forth while staring at the cover of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and quietly mumbling something about not speaking to anyone who doesn't know the password...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21878 on: November 16, 2015, 11:05:21 pm »

have you considered that riltia might just be really dumb
She's been pretty smart on multiple occasions... plus this is beyond dumb, this is actively self-incriminating.

No. It lets us guide them, but if they know what's going on they can disobey. Al has done this before. Even ranted at us.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:08:00 pm by Powder Miner »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21879 on: November 16, 2015, 11:06:55 pm »

since we switched to Riltia... Riltia is being controlled by something else that wants to hide things from us

Depends on how receptive they are. Ciro is the most receptive, Al is kinda skeptical and Rilitia is... well, yep.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21880 on: November 16, 2015, 11:15:40 pm »

(Someone's been reading Alloy of Law.)
Correct. Also...

Switch spirit class back to Plot Manipulator. Overpowered Mistborn doesn't have as much potential for shenanigans.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:08:00 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21881 on: November 16, 2015, 11:28:32 pm »

LOOT THE GIANT SHINY GOLDEN STATUE. LOOT TYE MASONRY. LOOT THE EXPOSITION. LOOOOOOOOT!

...*Ahem* Sorry, excited that this lives.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21882 on: November 16, 2015, 11:32:36 pm »

LOOT THE GIANT SHINY GOLDEN STATUE. LOOT TYE MASONRY. LOOT THE EXPOSITION. LOOOOOOOOT!

...*Ahem* Sorry, excited that this lives.
Obligatory +1 to anything loot related.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21883 on: November 16, 2015, 11:34:26 pm »

Wait, I have a better idea.

Everyone, collectively carry the statue to the safe and deposit it inside
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21884 on: November 16, 2015, 11:34:58 pm »

Wait, I have a better idea.

Everyone, collectively carry the statue to the safe and deposit it inside
YES GOOD SIR THIS MUST BE DONE
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 ... 1544