Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3735526 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE BEHEMOTH SLOWLY TRUDGES ONCE MORE
« Reply #21885 on: November 16, 2015, 11:41:13 pm »

Wait, I have a better idea.

Everyone, collectively carry the statue to the safe and deposit it inside
YES GOOD SIR THIS MUST BE DONE
I want to but we might need it for a puzzle or to rebuild our new Oric's old sweet pad.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE BEHEMOTH SLOWLY TRUDGES ONCE MORE
« Reply #21886 on: November 17, 2015, 12:17:43 am »

Melt the statue down into sheets, hammer the sheets into foil, fold the foil into hats, wear the hats.

This does actually have a non-zero chance of interdicting external interference...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21887 on: November 17, 2015, 12:54:22 am »

Have we ever tried smelting or otherwise utilizing money as a crafting reagent? I assume we've tried stuffing it into the skill tree or something, but have we ever shenaniganed it?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21888 on: November 17, 2015, 06:53:15 am »

I think that was puppet!slog that talked. not real!slog
That's visibly not one of Ciro's puppets though: no hand space, no vomitinducingly poor craftsmanship... It's just Slog. Plus I'm pretty sure Ciro herself doesn't know about Riltia.

A second idea I'm considering, by the way, is that while Riltia is being super shady and is at least INVOLVED with the narrative shenanigannery, she might not be the one directly screwing with things... and whatever is is out to pin it on Riltia and get us to get rid of her. I don't have evidence for it, but it's worth thinking out as a branch of my theory.

Good point....

Say, what if we switched slog to the active party? Then we could influence him directly and maybe get him to talk to us like al and crio sometimes do.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #21889 on: November 17, 2015, 08:23:17 am »

Wait, I have a better idea.

Everyone, collectively carry the statue to the safe and deposit it inside
+1
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21890 on: November 17, 2015, 09:00:04 am »

Hey, what's our evidence that Riltia is the one actively screwing with the narrative, again? I know she's been shifty in general, but the specific evidence (From raw unaltered (as best we can tell) pictures of the party and its situations) is pretty important to my theory, and a possible second idea germinating.

As far as I can tell, there isn't any.

A second idea I'm considering, by the way, is that while Riltia is being super shady and is at least INVOLVED with the narrative shenanigannery, she might not be the one directly screwing with things... and whatever is is out to pin it on Riltia and get us to get rid of her. I don't have evidence for it, but it's worth thinking out as a branch of my theory.

I agree more with this, though I'm not sure she actually realizes it; the Slog interlude is a bit of a difference though.

Regardless, I think we need to get off Riltia when we can, because we're getting a censored world view.  Not now, perhaps (because we tried and were blocked just recently) but after this sidequest we should try again.

-1 to looting statue... yet.  Let's grab it on the way out; remember this was hinted to be a "do this now or never" type of deal.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21891 on: November 17, 2015, 09:12:25 am »

Okay. About Riltia's "Corruption", it's worth noting that in the party status, Ciro's soul star is uncorrupted now. Al's still is, though.
Also, Riltia's shard storm attack seems corrupted.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21892 on: November 17, 2015, 03:59:42 pm »

Golden statue of someone who appears to be like Oric, but wearing a crown?
Either Oric is more of a megalomaniac than we thought he is, or that's the King of Haria; and Oric is related to him by blood.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21893 on: November 17, 2015, 04:07:25 pm »

Oric could have been the reborn King of Haria.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #21894 on: November 17, 2015, 04:09:00 pm »

Or he could have stolen him v:

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21895 on: November 17, 2015, 04:41:53 pm »

Either Oric is more of a megalomaniac than we thought he is, or that's the King of Haria; and Oric is related to him by blood.
...and yet he came to fear his own, true children, images of himself, burning with the same spark that has shattered the earth and rent the sky, the same incandescent hunger that had won his throne. Lest they ignite and devour his crown as he had devoured all others before him, into the earth he cast them, for a fire will not burn without air nor fuel. Thus was Power forbidden in the Lands of Haria, and all those found bearing it cast into the darkness to trouble the Kingdom not, seven of the King's children among them...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21896 on: November 17, 2015, 05:37:21 pm »

So... They cast their kids down into the earth, and then sent down a statue in case they missed their dear old dad?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21897 on: November 17, 2015, 05:37:46 pm »

...and yet he came to fear his own, true children, images of himself, burning with the same spark that has shattered the earth and rent the sky, the same incandescent hunger that had won his throne. Lest they ignite and devour his crown as he had devoured all others before him, into the earth he cast them, for a fire will not burn without air nor fuel. Thus was Power forbidden in the Lands of Haria, and all those found bearing it cast into the darkness to trouble the Kingdom not, seven of the King's children among them...
This sounds like canon. Canon? Canon.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21898 on: November 18, 2015, 10:46:38 am »

Spoiler: count (click to show/hide)
loot shiny gold/webs: +5
riltia: inspect statue: +4

The statue definitely does remind you of Oric. You feel like whoever made this revered him to the point of inaccuracy, though. For one, his typical patterned shirt is reinterpreted as an opulent, priestly robe, and he's wearing a crown. Also, his hair is carved as flowing out in long, luxurious locks. This may happen occasionally, but its deliberate depiction adds another point to the statue's "drama." You don't know Oric very well at all, but from what you do know, he's more tasteful in his villainy than this statue would have you believe.

The shiny gold bits end up being a couple of Fountain Pence. Hooray! Pocket change! Ciro gets Slog to hold onto it for now.

You consider looting some webs but they appear to be too thin and ephemeral to turn into reagents or any other inventory items. Also they're kind of sticky and gross. You'll leave them be for now.

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21899 on: November 18, 2015, 11:16:09 am »

Well, we lack the SP to Windirection up to the roof-hole, so Onward East!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 ... 1544