Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 [1462] 1463 1464 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696563 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
« Reply #21915 on: November 18, 2015, 01:59:23 pm »

Uh oh....what happened...I can't see the images.........
Guys.....WHATS HAPPENING?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21916 on: November 18, 2015, 02:00:38 pm »

So. This is why Rilitia didn't want it battle Oric in the last battle fake out.

Why Rilitia... Why?!?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21917 on: November 18, 2015, 02:04:26 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21918 on: November 18, 2015, 02:04:49 pm »

Guys I'm blind to the curent situation. WHAT DID SHE DO?!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21919 on: November 18, 2015, 02:50:36 pm »

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Seriously, we knew it was coming, but I did not expect this level of treason, or madness on Riltia's part. We probably should have listened to the statue.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21920 on: November 18, 2015, 02:53:20 pm »

....I feal ignored.
stupid school firewall.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21921 on: November 18, 2015, 02:53:38 pm »

Well, at least we won't have to leave someone behind in the Underside now.
Al: Look up.
Everyone else: loot statue
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21922 on: November 18, 2015, 02:54:37 pm »

SHE TOOK OUR HELMET AND MASK THIS WAS FFS' PLAN TO DEAL WITH OUR OP DEFENSE SHENANIGANS

Guys I'm blind to the curent situation. WHAT DID SHE DO?!
Oh very well:

The first few panels involve the image stretching and there's two Ciros like one is badly cropped out and I don't know. Then we successfully switch to us and:

You are now Ciro and you are very confused as to what's going on here.

Al: What's that thing in your ear? Cherish, grab it for me while Slog's got her on the ground.

Cherish: It's some kind of receiver thing, like the one Proxxy gave me. I can hear static on the other end.

Al: I get it now. This is why you knew how to "fix" the power. That machine... it drains Soul Stars to power this place, doesn't it?

Smug Al: So just one question... Why did you immediately choose the Illborn Exchange to stick in the machine, then?

Riltia stands up and arms herself

Gleeful Riltia: Because Oric and I suspect you represent the most serious threat to the integrity of the Cycles. In fact, your Soul Star has now been confiscated!

Riltia: But as long as the Cycles continue, it doesn't matter if I botch this one up, like I had to do this time. Next time Ciro and I will be friends again!

Blushing Riltia: Sure, s-sometimes we have to fight... but those rare Cycles where we're MORE than friends... that makes it all worthwhile.

Ciro: Okay, I suspected it before, but now I KNOW you've gone COMPLETELY off your knocker! You're supposed to be the stable one here, Riltia!

Glowing Red Flame Eyes Riltia: I am. More than you know. Well... I guess I couldn't keep up this illusion forever. See you all on DL7. If you make it.

Just

as

planned

Sparkling "You're Welcome" FFS Loface

....I feal ignored.
stupid school firewall.
You should probably just wait to view the update in all its glory, though at least now I get why you couldn't see imgur.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21923 on: November 18, 2015, 03:01:25 pm »

Oh, just had a thought: 'stable' + the rest of Riltia's speech seem to imply that she rarely (if ever) dies, which I suppose would make sense as she's the DL7 boss.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21924 on: November 18, 2015, 03:02:17 pm »

((Thank you))

:'(  riltia........

Ok then, if that's the way it's going to be......

To do list-
1. Get riltia back with heartwarming sappy conversation to make her realize how bad she is and cause a heel-face turn.
2.get loot.

Yes Riltia is more important than loot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21925 on: November 18, 2015, 03:33:45 pm »

Is that it?  Is Riltia set up as the long con, even to the point that all the other Siblings are convinced she's a traitor to them, just so she can be a traitor instead to Ciro?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21926 on: November 18, 2015, 03:40:17 pm »

"Recreate the prison"

I'm not sure why but that line seems relevant now....

crio:Have conflicted emotions, cry, gain soul charge because of high emotion.
Cherish: "I knew something was off about her!"
Al: reveal at least part of your relationship to the Angels. It could help right now.
Proxxy:enter active party. Lamest on how your siblings kept you out of the loop on everything

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21927 on: November 18, 2015, 03:44:00 pm »

In this Cycle, maybe, since she had to deal with Al. In general her primary goal seems to be to be with us, which might or might not involve shanking us in the gut out of nowhere when the time is right.

This does raise all sorts of questions about Oric's insistence that we murder her, though. As though there weren't enough of those already. Maybe she was insisting she had this and could best serve from the inside, while Oric was telling her not to aid the fucking usurper, so they settled it the ol' "Let's find out how much Ciro actually trusts and likes you" way?

Also possibly of note:
Proxxy (Mechanic?): Sloth
Cain: Wrath
Voice?: Pride
Eye?: Lust
Target?: Greed
????: Envy
Oric: Gluttony

It doesn't follow Inferno laws, but this is the best mapping for each character. Rough explanations as unspoilery as possible.

Proxxy's sin is doing nothing. She heeds, reluctantly, to the commands of others who she sees as smarter or scarier. Proxxy is necessary to TWoOtA on a meta-game level, too: she is the traditional first game boss who we compare the others against. First you jump on Dr. Robotnik as he merely moves around doing nothing, but his later machines give him agency/initiative.

Cain doesn't need much explanation, and any explanation we don't already have would be a spoiler.

The Voice is at once authoritarian and charismatic. Even more than the other siblings, he takes strong pride in his appearance and conclusions. He is motivated by shame, rage, etc. (blame a summer reading Last Psychiatrist)

Nothing can be said about the Eye. We don't yet know what the biggest point of contention is between the Siblings, and without knowing it, her sin can't be explained.

As for the Target: loot throne.

???? will be self-explanatory when we reach the bad ending or, at least, the part of the game where the bad ending happens.

Oric is partially explained by Cain's obtuse story.

Hopefully this provides for at least ten more pages of abstract theorycrafting while the game doesn't update.
Assuming Riltia is the ? ? ?, our understanding should be directly proportional to our grief!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21928 on: November 18, 2015, 04:21:57 pm »

We can't risk loseing the statue. After next turn proxxy and slog take the statue to storage while we keep looting. We DO NOT want something so valuable get rekt in a fight.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21929 on: November 18, 2015, 05:02:31 pm »

+1 on looting the statue, screw the under hive raid.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 [1462] 1463 1464 ... 1544