Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3739899 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
« Reply #21930 on: November 18, 2015, 05:03:21 pm »

New theory stuffs!

Riltia's soul star is what allowed her to manipulate our view.

And the Illborn Exchange and Astral Influx appeared weird because of soul charge.

And wait. When did Riltia steal Al's star?

And another thing:

The Illborn Exchange can be used to repair soul stars. It just seems... right. Exchanging Illborn for Not illborn.

Proxxy:enter active party. Lamest on how your siblings kept you out of the loop on everything

+1. Do this at least. And also: Print to Proxxy's visor: "Well. We thought that was going to happen later."

+1 on looting the statue, screw the under hive raid.
and +1 this.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21931 on: November 18, 2015, 05:20:55 pm »

crio:Have conflicted emotions, cry, gain soul charge because of high emotion.
Cherish: "I knew something was off about her!"
Al: reveal at least part of your relationship to the Angels. It could help right now.
Proxxy:enter active party. Lamest on how your siblings kept you out of the loop on everything

+1 all

Emphatic -1 to looting the statue now.  Seriously, it survived (mostly) the Triangle Worm; it'll be there when we're done.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21932 on: November 18, 2015, 05:23:54 pm »

Riltia-as-Eye makes sense, since she's been watching our progress for quite a while.

Perhaps her Soul Star garbles things? That might explain why it, itself, is garbled, and how she's been pulling these shenanigans. Semi-ninja'd.

See, if we had jumped into the void back on DL4, like I suggested, she wouldn't have done this! probably because she and Ciro would be dead right now

At least Al won't run away now, I guess.

Proxxy: Find out whatever you can about the receiver.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:27:40 pm by Elephant Parade »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21933 on: November 18, 2015, 05:47:19 pm »

So the loot Rilitia absconed with: The op defense combo of mask+helmet (that helm was hard earned!), her big spear, and her soulbound skills. I think except for the helmet and mask we can forgive that, or replace it I mean, but we still have to figure out whats up with the exchange. So we have a dummy soul-star while the real thing is in that machine where we found the catalyst? Or some other machine?

Al: Take us to where Rilita put your star, look around veeery carefully, then set up some guards (you, slog, proxxy) while Ciro and anyone left go to the underside looking for anyone who owns a soul-star.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21934 on: November 18, 2015, 05:50:40 pm »

Oh, so that's what FFS meant, way back when he said the character we picked pre-blackout wasn't just for shipping/fun—we were selecting the victim of Soul Star theft.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21935 on: November 18, 2015, 06:49:05 pm »

Wait if they have the Illborn Exchange then doesn't that mean that... -Oh god I probably shouldn't say this out loud lest I give FFS ideas.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #21936 on: November 18, 2015, 06:52:25 pm »

We would like to point out that this is totally not our fault.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21937 on: November 18, 2015, 09:01:46 pm »

I feel like this betrayal by Rilitia is almost too simple. The prayer earlier implies Rilitia wants OUT of the Cycle via permanant death, which is the exact opposite of what was just stated here. Plus there's Rilitia's relationship with the Last Seraphim. We gotta look deeper here. I figure she's AT LEAST a double agent[Betraying us for Oric and then Oric for LS], maybe even more then that. In any case, yikes. As pointed out earlier, Rilitia is EASILY the most powerful member of the party. I feel like we're really going to regret Shenaniganing her spear back in the future.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21938 on: November 18, 2015, 09:18:24 pm »

not if we cause her to have a face-heel turn.
and im not going to give up on her.

YOU HEAR ME CRIO?! WE ARE GOING TO GET HER BACK!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21939 on: November 18, 2015, 09:45:18 pm »

Strongly implying that Riltia keeps her memories between lives - or that she hasn't died in a long time. I believe it is the former. So so far, we know Proxxy and Ciro do not keep their memories, but Riltia probably does.

EDIT: Also, the yandere is strong with Riltia. She was born to be a Yandere Triangle Monster.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21940 on: November 18, 2015, 09:51:24 pm »

probably. either that or she can recover them like crio sometimes does.

except more constant and clear.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21941 on: November 18, 2015, 09:53:22 pm »

Maybe she's discovered some way to remind herself that carries over cycles. We don't actually know what happens when a cycle turns over though, so that theory is going to be hard to verify. But I bet Proxxy does. In fact she probably knows quite a lot about how things work behind the scenes around here that might be useful to know, even if the other siblings do think very little of her.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:56:13 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21942 on: November 18, 2015, 09:56:44 pm »

Riltia no, our loot.

Strongly implying that Riltia keeps her memories between lives - or that she hasn't died in a long time. I believe it is the former. So so far, we know Proxxy and Ciro do not keep their memories, but Riltia probably does.
Friendly reminder at this point that Plus, in the Minus flashback was a silverlocked person with long hair and "Retard Fighter Strength".

Friendly reminder that Ciro never told Riltia his/her name, until Ciro put some charge in her during their reunion; but she still called out his name when she died.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21943 on: November 18, 2015, 09:58:48 pm »

Riltia no, our loot.

Friendly reminder at this point that Plus, in the Minus flashback was a silverlocked person with long hair and "Retard Fighter Strength".

Friendly reminder that Ciro never told Riltia his/her name, until Ciro put some charge in her during their reunion; but she still called out his name when she died.
That's a sure sign that something's up, seeing as how people are supposed to change between cycles and all.

Edit: If Riltia is allied with Oric, why did he try to get us to kill her? Sure, maybe he was trying to make us think she was loyal... but what if we actually did push her? I doubt he would risk such a valuable ally.

Either the Void is far from lethal, or the Oric-Riltia relationship is really, really weird.

Also, there's what Riltia said when she fell into the acid.

That's some pretty specific phrasing. She was by our side when—what, exactly?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:02:05 pm by Elephant Parade »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21944 on: November 18, 2015, 10:13:24 pm »

Proxxy still has a tracker planted on Riltia, FYI
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 1544