Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1462 1463 [1464] 1465 1466 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3742636 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
« Reply #21945 on: November 18, 2015, 10:34:30 pm »

Well then! Time to dip into the archive and reexamine everything Riltia did ever.

Also, we'd better figure out a way to counter the items that Riltia has in her possession now.

Also also, does this mean that Al could go Willborn at any time just from having Oric drain his soul at an inopportune moment?

Maybe she's discovered some way to remind herself that carries over cycles. We don't actually know what happens when a cycle turns over though, so that theory is going to be hard to verify. But I bet Proxxy does. In fact she probably knows quite a lot about how things work behind the scenes around here that might be useful to know, even if the other siblings do think very little of her.

Well, we know Proxxy has a box that probably has prior cycle information in it. Maybe Riltia has a creepy Stalker Shrine dedicated to Ciro. Or maybe it's just that Riltia really has seen many cycles, if she's the true boss of DL7- the lower bosses in the dungeon reset less often, since they don't get fought as much (probably.)

EDIT: HAHA CIRO x AL OTP CALLED IT!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:37:34 pm by monk12 »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21946 on: November 18, 2015, 10:39:28 pm »

Weird thing: if you zoom in on the Evil Riltia portrait, her pupils are red "V"s. That's pretty strange, especially with the whole Vi thing.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:43:03 pm by Elephant Parade »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21947 on: November 18, 2015, 11:02:32 pm »

Weird thing: if you zoom in on the Evil Riltia portrait, her pupils are red "V"s. That's pretty strange, especially with the whole Vi thing.
Pretty sure those are supposed to be wisps of a flame smoldering in her eyes, except the image is compressed and things get pixelated when you zoom in.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21948 on: November 18, 2015, 11:03:29 pm »

No. CrioXriltia that's part of the reason we need to get her back on our side.

Not to mention her tanking abilities.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21949 on: November 18, 2015, 11:11:32 pm »

Just read up on the newest happenings. I see the time spent in Monkmode hasn't taught you to be less cruel to your players, FFS :P
So. As for Riltia...Fuck. I'm at a loss for what to do about her, save that Al and Proxxy probably know something about what just happened. Ask Al and Proxxy in turn if they know anything about her betrayal, or what she means by Al being a threat to the cycles.
I expect we won't learn much but it's worth a shot.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ancient monastic wifi struggle
« Reply #21950 on: November 18, 2015, 11:17:00 pm »

Well then! Time to dip into the archive and reexamine everything Riltia did ever.

Let's start with the prayer.

Quote from: Rilitia right after we switched to her
You offer up a silent prayer for the journey ahead.

∴ - - - - - - - - ∴

Goddess, my Goddess,

Am I no longer blessed?

This statue's past cries out

"Is it finally time to rest?"

Goddess, my Goddess,

Is this my final test?

The signs hint at my end

Have I correctly guessed?

This seems to imply that Rilitia wants out of the endless Cycles, probably via permanant death. This doesn't jive well with her recent actions, though, which is confusing.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21951 on: November 18, 2015, 11:20:15 pm »

Just read up on the newest happenings. I see the time spent in Monkmode hasn't taught you to be less cruel to your players, FFS :P
So. As for Riltia...Fuck. I'm at a loss for what to do about her, save that Al and Proxxy probably know something about what just happened. Ask Al and Proxxy in turn if they know anything about her betrayal, or what she means by Al being a threat to the cycles.
I expect we won't learn much but it's worth a shot.

+1. We at least need to know what happened while Riltia was obfuscating things before we can really decide what to do.

Let's start with the prayer.

Quote from: Rilitia right after we switched to her
You offer up a silent prayer for the journey ahead.

∴ - - - - - - - - ∴

Goddess, my Goddess,

Am I no longer blessed?

This statue's past cries out

"Is it finally time to rest?"

Goddess, my Goddess,

Is this my final test?

The signs hint at my end

Have I correctly guessed?

This seems to imply that Rilitia wants out of the endless Cycles, probably via permanant death. This doesn't jive well with her recent actions, though, which is confusing.

This could just mean that she recognizes that she's probably going to have to fight us. Maybe she expects us to defeat her, which if you're right about her not-dying allowing her to retain her memories, would effectively mean the end of her as she is now.

If that's the case, the tragedy really just keeps piling on on this one, since it implies Oric would really rather kill her but he either needs to keep her around or can't do it himself for whatever reason. Which would also handily explain why everyone and their brother has tried to get us to kill her.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:23:46 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21952 on: November 18, 2015, 11:40:23 pm »

We would like to point out that this is totally not our fault.
yes. Perhaps we can use Proxxy's visor message function, if we have to...

Okay guys. On a more gameplay perspective, we've just lost a major member of the party. Spear Girl Riltia, our resident tank. So what can we do to compensate for this?

Option one: soul star shenanigans. If we can figure out how to use(or enable use of) the other soul stars in our possession, they may be able to compensate for Riltia's loss(maybe not in combat, though). The Catalyst and the Circuit are the soul stars we have that we haven't figured out yet. The Circuit needs a soul level to be useable, so let's focus on the Catalyst.

Specifically, we need to figure out how to use it(and if it really does shift the positions of rooms, even between floors, we've got an incredible new ability).

Next up, optimization- figuring out what our stuff(in storage or otherwise) would be best for, and who would best use it. We should spend some time on that.

Remember folks, if we have to, we can contact Proxxy directly, via her visor.

But perhaps... on another note... the Waifu Pendant is also an item of note, and the final item on my gameplay list.

Now that Riltia's not an option(imagine if we wasted the pendant on her before she left), we should make a choice for who to use the Pendant on. So. Al or what?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21953 on: November 18, 2015, 11:45:35 pm »

Al had his Soul Star stolen—and can thus be killed on a whim—and he might leave eventually. Probably not until he gets his Soul Star back, though; I doubt he'd leave without his soul.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21954 on: November 18, 2015, 11:47:09 pm »

Yeah, there's going to be a lot of debate about the Pendant.

So let's try something less controversial. Examine the Asynchrony Catalyst to see if it's changed(Cherish has gone through a lot since we've last seen the Catalyst).
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21955 on: November 18, 2015, 11:57:46 pm »

To do list-
1. Get riltia back with heartwarming sappy conversation to make her realize how bad she is and cause a heel-face turn.
2.get loot.

Yes Riltia is more important than loot.

Blasphemy! I say we should fill that gaping Riltia-shaped hole in our massively-collective soul with more loot!

"But Cerol!" I hear somebody say. "Riltia's one of our most important and beloved friends! How could we abandon her?"

Because she's one of Ciro's most important and beloved friends, is how. We are an unnatural conglomerate of spirits, mostly of deceased treasure hunters, with the ability to influence Ciro into being our meat puppet to an unprecedented degree. To the extent that she appears to be an absolutely greedy and insane jerkass to everyone due to her fulfillment of our every greedy, whimsical, and power-gaming impulse. Remember how often we managed to get on Riltia's nerves?

And sure, Ciro can refuse or resist us if we get too far away from her base impulses, but honestly, what I'm suggesting isn't:

You start to tear up at the thought of Riltia and Al. The memories the statue brings you. The faint nostalgia, the-

Wait. This is stupid.

You decide to smash the fourth wall, even though only Al usually does that.

Riltia needs to realize that Ciro is ours to do with as we will. And as long as the cycles continue, more people will die in the dungeon, our influence will grow stronger, and Ciro will become crazier and crazier. Riltia will never have Ciro's full attention as long as we're here. Every future cycle will see a more and more unstable Ciro.

So. Let's not go to DL7. Let's faff about on pointless sidequests for cool loot, strip the wiring from the upper levels, shake down everything that moves for pence, see if we can commandeer the thingamajigger that moves the rooms around while we're somewhere else in order to force the dungeon to continually produce treasure vaults, learn to waggle our eyebrows just so, ship everybody/thing with everybody/thing, (including themselves) and build that loot throne we've always wanted. After all, we don't really need to go downwards and fight Siblings to get power and treasure. We're in a dungeon with a constant influx of visitors flush with loot. Loot comes to us.

Anyways, it's not like Riltia's left the party or anything. Right, Riltia?

...I'm pretty sure that's a "yes".
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21956 on: November 19, 2015, 02:45:00 am »

"What if we reclassify Riltia from N.P.C. to prestige-loot?
Yes, loot does need classifications, how can you call yourself a lootologist if you don't engage in basic loot taxonomy?
Prestige-loot is the loot that you acquire for prestige, such as the severed head of a recurring villain. It is often difficult to find a market for, and has additional value due to the circumstances(real or advertised) by which it was acquired, or some other ephemeral quality, that is even more difficult to find a market for. She could also be reclassified to equipment-loot, denial-loot, mind-slave-loot, quest-loot, or diminished loot... Any one of these is desirable to a master looter."
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21957 on: November 19, 2015, 04:42:47 am »

"What if we reclassify Riltia from N.P.C. to prestige-loot?
Yes, loot does need classifications, how can you call yourself a lootologist if you don't engage in basic loot taxonomy?
Prestige-loot is the loot that you acquire for prestige, such as the severed head of a recurring villain. It is often difficult to find a market for, and has additional value due to the circumstances(real or advertised) by which it was acquired, or some other ephemeral quality, that is even more difficult to find a market for. She could also be reclassified to equipment-loot, denial-loot, mind-slave-loot, quest-loot, or diminished loot... Any one of these is desirable to a master looter."

I wonder what Ciro's reaction to this would be.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21958 on: November 19, 2015, 07:42:21 am »

Anyways, it's not like Riltia's left the party or anything. Right, Riltia?

...I'm pretty sure that's a "yes".

+1 to "adding" "Riltia" to the Party. :P

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21959 on: November 19, 2015, 07:48:16 am »

Perhaps we should check the shipping grid
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 1462 1463 [1464] 1465 1466 ... 1544