Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741590 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: pbbththtb
« Reply #22350 on: December 31, 2015, 12:22:24 am »

((Nobody's yet figured out Proxxy's code, but I have a theory as to what it contains.))

((To prevent Ciro from detecting this, I'm using shield parentheses to keep it secret from her. Since Proxxy escaped the DL8 prison, there have been no other code updates. I theorize... to start with, Proxxy was directly aware of us, and even directly spoke to us, just like Ciro in Monarchy Mode, but she couldn't hold us off for long and soon lost control. Whatever she wanted to tell us, our having overwhelmed her independence must have sealed it off. Therefore, plus the fact that she said hinted it was important... Ultimate Weapon stuffs.))

((In other notes, I hope Ciro can't detect what we say concealed behind (()).))
shield parentheses
I have no words.

((HEY CIRO. THIS IS TEST. ARE YOUR EARS BLEEDING?))
((+1))
((RILTIA IS A BAD PERSON))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22351 on: December 31, 2015, 12:25:26 am »

((That was a joke. I think.))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22352 on: December 31, 2015, 12:26:16 am »

This solves two problems with the OP in one go: creeping space limit and my own forgetfulness in keeping track of items. Once it gets a little further along I'll wipe the metamenu from the OP and combinethe link to this with the link to monk's advanced navigation (since they're both for rereading purposes)

Thanks for everything!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:34:46 am by freeformschooler »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22353 on: December 31, 2015, 12:48:43 am »

This solves two problems with the OP in one go: creeping space limit and my own forgetfulness in keeping track of items. Once it gets a little further along I'll wipe the metamenu from the OP and combinethe link to this with the link to monk's advanced navigation (since they're both for rereading purposes)

Thanks for everything!
Boy that kind of helpfulness sure deserves a reward eh? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

((That was a joke. I think.))
((YOU DON'T NEED LOOT TO BE HAPPY, RILTIA IS A TREACHEROUS WHORE WHO NEVER LOVED YOU AND WILL DIE SCREAMING ON THE END OF YOUR BLADE, SLOG IS EXPENDABLE, AND YOU SHOULD MAKE OUT WITH AL))

((I am like 99% positive Ciro does not have the icy calculating composure to feign not hearing this.

...why do we think Ciro maybe can't hear this again and how are we differentiating bold from double parentheses?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22354 on: December 31, 2015, 12:51:42 am »

((YO LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE IN HERE!!!!!))
((Ayup.))
Hey Ciro, did you hear anything?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22355 on: December 31, 2015, 12:55:50 am »

((Anyone wondering what happens if Ciro does hear this?))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22356 on: December 31, 2015, 01:04:00 am »

((Anyone wondering what happens if Ciro does hear this?))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22357 on: December 31, 2015, 09:23:37 am »

((HEY CIRO. THIS IS TEST. ARE YOUR EARS BLEEDING?))
((+1))
((+1))

((Basically, I theorize that (()) can't be heard by Ciro because, it's technically OOC text. Technically.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #22358 on: December 31, 2015, 03:10:34 pm »

If bricks are truly impenetrable to everything bar explosives, dig out the loose ones and craft a shield

+1

This is something I can get behind. Loot the nonsensical!
+1. We need something to replace the helmet.
+1 Like we've ever needed a reason to loot scenery
this is a wonderful idea
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22359 on: December 31, 2015, 03:19:43 pm »

If bricks are truly impenetrable to everything bar explosives, dig out the loose ones and craft a shield

+1

This is something I can get behind. Loot the nonsensical!
+1. We need something to replace the helmet.
+1 Like we've ever needed a reason to loot scenery
this is a wonderful idea
+1
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #22360 on: December 31, 2015, 03:38:58 pm »

I refuse to believe that steamy makeouts with Al would set off Ciro, for I shall ship CirAl to my untimely grave.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22361 on: December 31, 2015, 04:22:51 pm »

Damn it all. I've reached the theorycrafting prompt and still have no idea why Oric wants Target dead.

Notably, I'm having difficulty with Al's Prison of Haria flashback. It's tempting to say that's the same "prison" Oric was mentioning, and it might be, but we know that Al's been here for three years and the Warrens have undergone thousands of Cycles. That seems to preclude the idea that Willford was talking about Oric & Crew specifically, though imprisoning heroes and then Warrens-dumping them could certainly be a time-honored tradition. I'm not sure how much to take as a clue and how much to be wary of as a herring.

Other things to note:
-Who was Oric talking and referring to during his infamous prison speech? We assume us and himself, but it was Riltia who got it. The "voice in the adjacent cell" thing could also mirror their particularly close relationship; maybe it was us that said "time to go" and Riltia whose only comfort was from our voice. It could be Riltia who's trying to "recreate the prison," rather than Oric.
-Riltia asked an interesting question we still haven't answered yet. "If I was working for Oric, why didn't I remember what he looked like?" Could be as simple as rebirth shenanigans, but it seems like a meaningful question we haven't formally answered yet.
-Oric was messing with us prior to the prison speech. This feels like pretty coherent proof that he's not afraid of us, and that his wanting us dead is part of some ritual or process.
Spoiler: Hmmmmmm (click to show/hide)

So... I guess my current working theory is:

Once upon a time, there was a Mad Tyrant of Haria[1]. To secure his reign, he began imprisoning all those with the power to challenge him[2]. Then he fed or exiled them to Hell, because he was a cool guy like that.[3]

Once in Hell, however, one of these condemned prisoners was offered a bargain. He took it, and transformed Hell into a self-sustaining turbine of soul feasting[4]. Pleased that he had done all the thinking for Her[5], the ruler of Hell decided to downsize[4]. Being a thinking man[5], the prisoner disagreed, murdered her entire race, claimed her servants as his own, and kept her around as a limbless lynchpin for Hell's continued operation[4].

However... this prisoner had come from the prison of a mad, jealous king. He had usurped the throne of a decadent, arrogant queen. So he set about ruling his domain the only way he knew how: With the iron fist of an unimpeachable god[6].

However, this prisoner was a thinking man[5]. He knew the price of stagnation[7] and he knew the fruits of motion[8]. He knew that a tyrant must always have a usurper and a kingdom must always have a rebel[9]. And so he arranged his kingdom such that this vital role would never be lacking[10].

In short, Oric wants the Target dead because it's his job. It's The Way Things WorkTM, it gives everyone purpose and identity, it shapes and strengthens everyone via constant struggle, and it possibly ties in to the proper sustainable running of the Warrens as a whole. He probably literally doesn't know any other way.

[1] Al's mention of wanting to overthrow the king, the Oversoul being "a power sought out by evil rulers and corrupt dictators for millenaea," Ciro thinking he was from Haria originally, prison similarities
[2] Oric's description of being a prisoner, Willford's explanation of the prison and liking "tomorrow to be the same as today and yesterday"
[3] Oric's description of a voice saying "time to go," Oric's mention that "exile is escape, reward is punishment"
[4] Cain
[5] Al's speech about how dangerous a thinking man is, and how a man who doesn't think does strange things
[6] Oric's "recreate the prison" comment, Oric's overbearing relationship with Spira, Oric's concern with someone else finding an ultimate weapon, Oric's mention of needing to glare evilly at us now that we know who he is, possibly his peculiar obsession with us murdering Riltia or vice versa, possibly Cain's hatred although Cain is a murderous cannibal so he's probably not the best Freedom Index Test
[7] Cain's speech about Hell being unsustainable pre-Oric, Al's flashback about the contrast between Willford and Al
[8] Cain's speech about Oric fixing Hell (presumed), Cain's speech about Oric's struggles and triumphs, Ciro's flashback about Probably-Floe's speech about Ciro's strong will overtaking Floe, self-evident knowledge about the nature of adventurers
[9] Oric's tolerance of Ciro, Cain, Riltia, Ecco, Proxxy joining with Ciro, and so on; Cain's story about Oric's exile and rise to power
[10] Oric's tolerance of Ciro, Cain, Riltia, Ecco, Proxxy joining with Ciro, and so on; Proxxy's mention of only supposed to be fighting Ciro in her boss room, silhouette insinuations that Ciro facing defeat is a necessary part of a Cycle, existence of shopkeepers and shopkeeper areas on what are fairly literally random murder floors
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22362 on: December 31, 2015, 10:13:17 pm »

I wish I could show full theme songs but we must wait til the Plot Appropriate Time so instead have one more preview:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53153056/RiltiasSongWIP.mp3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22363 on: December 31, 2015, 10:16:25 pm »

Yup. We just got audio evidence that Riltia is probably going to murder you. And probably us. Kappa.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22364 on: December 31, 2015, 10:18:03 pm »

I wish I could show full theme songs but we must wait til the Plot Appropriate Time so instead have one more preview:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53153056/RiltiasSongWIP.mp3
Was including the character's name in the URL intentional?

fake, finished-listening edit: I think I can guess the answer. That's pretty unsettling! I thought it was going to be "oh no tragedy: the song", and then it turned into something else!
Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 1544