Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3686922 times)

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: rip twoota
« Reply #23085 on: March 16, 2018, 12:27:24 pm »

TBH I kinda wish someone, perhaps me, would revive this in some form. "The Warrens of Ciro the Awesome" starting with our silver haired protagonist dropping into DL1.
It's a cool idea, but I seriously doubt that I have the dedication to sustain something this size.
I had the idea of trying that, but I was only able to reverse-engineer the more basic rules, and have no art talent whatsoever.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23086 on: March 16, 2018, 12:31:42 pm »

The art style was very barebones and simplistic/amateurish, especially for the first two chapters. I don't have the inclination to start over or continue but I'm sure someone will come along with a similar grandiose project eventually.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23087 on: March 16, 2018, 12:35:51 pm »

The art style was very barebones and simplistic/amateurish, especially for the first two chapters. I don't have the inclination to start over or continue but I'm sure someone will come along with a similar grandiose project eventually.
Hey, were there consistent rules, or did you make up rules as you went along?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23088 on: March 16, 2018, 12:37:59 pm »

The rules were pretty consistent though I added and modified some as it went. I still have the original rules document if you'd like it though.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23089 on: March 16, 2018, 12:40:29 pm »

I read the whole thing and I really liked the simplistic art.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23090 on: March 16, 2018, 01:07:40 pm »

The rules were pretty consistent though I added and modified some as it went. I still have the original rules document if you'd like it though.
That would be wonderful! I was thinking of adaption it into a Tabletop RPG. Cut out the Influx, and it might work well.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23091 on: March 17, 2018, 01:09:43 am »

Removed~
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 10:26:42 am by freeformschooler »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23092 on: March 17, 2018, 05:38:14 am »

7: Altar of Fusion (fuses two items with 0% success rate)
fair and balanced, I'd say

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23093 on: May 24, 2018, 06:16:26 am »

What would've happened if we stuck the soul star into the machine in the 330's when they trying to revive slog?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
(ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome...?
« Reply #23094 on: October 31, 2022, 12:26:33 pm »

TBH I kinda wish someone, perhaps me, would revive this in some form. "The Warrens of Ciro the Awesome" starting with our silver haired protagonist dropping into DL1.
It's a cool idea, but I seriously doubt that I have the dedication to sustain something this size.

You know what, I think I'd be up for it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm missing a good chunk of the assets, so they'll have to be recreated, but my memory for this game is still sharp, and I'm fairly sure I can still do these character voices.

Maybe I won't finish, but I might as well give it one more go. I'll have to juggle job-work and other things, so it's a bit of a toss-up, of course.

Would anyone be interest in one more go at finishing the Warrens of Oric the Awesome in 2022?

Because I sure would like to resolve my number one regret in this life, even if it takes some extra years.

I don't know how many people who still remember this game are even around anymore. I only recently started browsing and posting here again.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome...?
« Reply #23095 on: October 31, 2022, 12:58:51 pm »

Some of us at least are still around and interested if you want to get it going again.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23096 on: October 31, 2022, 12:59:17 pm »

Interest exists.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23097 on: October 31, 2022, 01:01:44 pm »

I don't know how many people who still remember this game are even around anymore. I only recently started browsing and posting here again.

I'm speaking as someone who really only ever lurked on this, but I think anybody who was around the lower boards when this game was at its height will remember it.

...Although it may be wise to figure out some sort of soft reboot/easy jumping on point so new (or even returning) people don't feel lost. Or perhaps a brief animated summary. My memories of this are a bit blurry, and I'm not sure I have time to run through 1500 pages of refresher material.

My gut says these boards will undergo a surge of new and returning players whenever Toady/Kitfox release DF Steam Version, which may happen sooner rather than later. Would make for as good a time window as any to relaunch TWoOtA.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23098 on: October 31, 2022, 01:03:20 pm »

I'm speaking as someone who really only ever lurked on this, but I think anybody who was around the lower boards when this game was at its height will remember it.

...Although it may be wise to figure out some sort of soft reboot/easy jumping on point so new (or even returning) people don't feel lost. Or perhaps a brief animated summary. My memories of this are a bit blurry, and I'm not sure I have time to run through 1500 pages of refresher material.

My gut says these boards will undergo a surge of new and returning players whenever Toady/Kitfox release DF Steam Version, which may happen sooner rather than later. Would make for as good a time window as any to relaunch TWoOtA.

I was planning to do a transitional thing to ease people back into it. Don't worry. We wouldn't go right back into the action.

It's only fair for Ciro to also be a little disoriented and displaced after all this time, too.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23099 on: October 31, 2022, 01:06:05 pm »

Sweet baby jeezus.

YES! YEEESSSS!!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 1544