Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3735316 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #3165 on: April 30, 2013, 01:54:23 am »

I love behind the scenes stuff.

Obviously the old designs were a lot more "sinister." Why change them? The main reason is I never wanted Warrens to be a story about good triumphing against obvious evil. There's shades of "evil" in every major player's motives but, for the most part, every character has goals and intentions that real people could feasibly have rather than comic book villains. The new Sibling designs are more sympathetic, and I think they help relate the Siblings to our main "hero."
This is pretty fascinating, though. I was getting the impression that the siblings were stuck in some kind of disturbing, headless cycle of obligation and habit. The notion that they all have individual, understandable motives is pretty intriguing.

Still suspect Proxxy's a bit ditzy and aimless, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: April 30, 2013, 02:27:19 am »

am i the only one who likes Al?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: April 30, 2013, 02:53:09 am »

Yes.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: April 30, 2013, 03:23:52 am »

No. He's just not quite favourite material.

Also, MushroomxSlogxPolaris OTT <3
(Slog just wanted to see his best buddy and shoot off some fireworks, and what did you guys do? YOU BLEW IT UP, YOU MANIACS! And forced Slog to help via otherworldly possession, too. Truly, Bay12 is monsters.)
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: April 30, 2013, 03:27:13 am »

Al is coolest, right after Riltia <3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: April 30, 2013, 03:42:19 am »

Love Al. Definitely one of the most interesting and noteworthy characters, cold-blooded murder aside.

Riltia I'll share FFS' surprise at. As he put it, she really doesn't have much in the way of visible personality. I like her skillset, at least (overpowered defense boost is overpowered and dumb fighter strength is useful).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: April 30, 2013, 04:33:19 am »

Freeformschooler, it's great to see someone who cares about the universe they create for their characters, and seeing those sprites, proto-names and early concepts shows just how much thought you've put into this.
Agreed. Just don't pull a Dexexe on us, FFS. :<

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: April 30, 2013, 04:58:41 am »

I just had a wierd thought... If Rilitia was referred to in many updates as the "traitor" that would make the red soul star hers, and reverent savior Cain's.
Ironic if Cain had Reverent Savior.....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:23:20 am by javierpwn »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: April 30, 2013, 07:27:27 am »

Freeformschooler, it's great to see someone who cares about the universe they create for their characters, and seeing those sprites, proto-names and early concepts shows just how much thought you've put into this.
Agreed. Just don't pull a Dexexe on us, FFS. :<
FFS won't do that (and Dex was a good man in himself :) ). I've asked tips from him and note ahead, we're all in for tons of...

Fun.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: April 30, 2013, 01:03:40 pm »

I feel as if the second one is horribly wrong to all degrees

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: April 30, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »

Love Al. Definitely one of the most interesting and noteworthy characters, cold-blooded murder aside.

Riltia I'll share FFS' surprise at. As he put it, she really doesn't have much in the way of visible personality. I like her skillset, at least (overpowered defense boost is overpowered and dumb fighter strength is useful).
I like Riltia because what little of her personality we do see is rather caring. Sure, she's probably obligated to kill Ciro later, but what are friends for?
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: April 30, 2013, 06:27:59 pm »

Here's some shit nobody cares about I had lying around.
I doubt that.

Sorry for the slow updates once again, this'll be my last post before the next big update.
Hey, I don't kind.

Spritefacts
Neat. What's ACoS?

Protonamefacts
I always like to hear how much we derail games. Are there any other neat protonames that you're willing to reveal?

spoiler=Protoconceptfacts
Heh heh. Occam the Razor.
Neat!

Al seems to be the "love to hate" kind of character. Except creepier, perhaps.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: April 30, 2013, 06:40:15 pm »

A C.hange O.f S.cenery. It's a game Dexexe123 used to run that FFS is taking over, or something to that effect anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: April 30, 2013, 06:42:02 pm »

Ah... Is that the one had the mess with the...?
It's FEF, not FEOF

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: April 30, 2013, 06:45:28 pm »

I don't know. Maybe. *shrug*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1544