Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695540 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I knew it, the mantling has begun! We must get them off of her before she winds up being aspects of both Ciro and Al!

Also...

As for the bleeding thing, it could be a lot of things. It could be abuse of our powers, that's been known to make us hack up blood and pain, abuse of the checkpoint but really we haven't seen any side effects of such, or maybe something else. I gave a lot of theories but I cannot really say what they all were. I can rule out being in another universe, I believe, since we were actually still in the arena, thus we were still in our 'verse. It could of been due to Megaman's proximity, yet only we were effected, no one else did. Could be due to tampering with our soulstar, but then we'd see Al also suffering the effects of it as well...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

On the bright side that combination means she'll probably be the snarkiest thing alive
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the bright side that combination means she'll probably be the snarkiest thing alive
The horror...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I knew it, the mantling has begun! We must get them off of her before she winds up being aspects of both Ciro and Al!

Also...

As for the bleeding thing, it could be a lot of things. It could be abuse of our powers, that's been known to make us hack up blood and pain, abuse of the checkpoint but really we haven't seen any side effects of such, or maybe something else. I gave a lot of theories but I cannot really say what they all were. I can rule out being in another universe, I believe, since we were actually still in the arena, thus we were still in our 'verse. It could of been due to Megaman's proximity, yet only we were effected, no one else did. Could be due to tampering with our soulstar, but then we'd see Al also suffering the effects of it as well...
Let's start by ruling out options.

You bring up some good points.
I think that the fact that it has a Theorycrafting question rules out the idea of "It's just a joke about feeling the impact of the new stuff or something," especially since that was mentioned before and was wrong.

It probably has something to do with Bloodshaping or an internal injury. I'm disinclined towards the latter, as such an injury would have come up again, so it was probably a Bloodshaping thing. Or, something unusual was sensed.

Hm.

I'm starting to think about some theories I derided. I need to research. Page 196, you say?...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

All very interesting. The part with the chess pieces someone brought up the thought they could be related to the Stars. I think you should have kept that a bit hush hush though. Still a bit more to discover though. Though... I think we aren't far off from figuring out at least one more

That one doesn't worry me, it's just mindless symbolism that doesn't give us much new information (similar to the shapes during the intermission). There's a lot of that in this game.

I was going to say its further proof against Yaos being a sibling because there is already a purple in Cain. But then I realized you could be double bluffing us in one direction or another. Like we enter the battle with Cain only for the light to come on and reveal he's the Pink Sibling (The lights were off and it was dark so he looked purple). Or Yaos could be holding Cain's Star and be the Voice or Oric in disguise.

And you're just a clever enough guy to pull one of these stunts or neither. Either way, I'm left unsure which direction to divide myself into.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #4205 on: May 24, 2013, 11:19:41 pm »

Took 3 hours of searching.Also: TO THE NEXT ROOM!

I proposed a similar idea(http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg4207040#msg4207040)... though it was a little less sane due to lack of sleep.
Here are my !!!!OLD!!!!"Why does Oric want Ciro dead"theory, with Emeralds in there too!
Spoiler: NEW THEORY (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:23:20 pm by javierpwn »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

This may be stupid. This is the one theory where I don't know what happened. But this happened in the previous update.

Ciro was separated from Clot Cutter.

Does anyone remember what its options do? I don't... I'm checking though...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: that sure is a lot of plot
« Reply #4208 on: May 24, 2013, 11:39:30 pm »

Bloodborn boosted damage by... 1?. Bloodfused gave it a pewpew option.

Edit: Remember, though, that the headband has been in storage for a while

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

We already know people aren't guaranteed to be carrying their soul star the first time they enter the Warrens. Al entered the dungeon in a rush to save Cherish from something (referenced a few times throughout the game),

>"My name is Alphonse, and I don't give a single fuck about the laws of any kingdom. I'm out to see my daughter, and if I have to die a thousand deaths to make amends, then that green place'd better powerin' up, because I won't stop until Cherish knows... knows that I'd never hurt her, no matter how shitty of a person I am. Again, I, am ALPHONSE. ALPHONSE MOTHERFUCKING SCARLETT. Now step back, 'cause I'm breaking free to see my daughter."
>"..."
>"..."
>"By the way, I hit on your mom, you shitty voice."

Oh no, I accidentally hotblooded speech again............

Who's Cherish?

I am confus...

@Harbingerjm
Maybe Slog journeying with us is enough to charge his gauge. We're his first friends and we gave him the food he always craved. We're making him better through just interacting with him... maybe.
I sure hope so.
Or possibly not, since inevitably this will cause suggestions from those slog-hating monsters to murder him and steal his charge.
Either way.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:53:18 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: May 24, 2013, 11:51:49 pm »

And that proxxy has universal access to all Storage; also, if the statue was dispatching unnessesary rooms to be dropped off, and it was in DL2:
What if that Coin machine is the same one Proxxy and Cherish went to?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the deconstruction of "UNECESSARY" rooms could have destroyed our storage stuffs due to relative position; especially since DL2 had a huge art design change.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MEGABATTLE
« Reply #4211 on: May 24, 2013, 11:52:44 pm »

Spoiler: Theory Time! (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: May 25, 2013, 12:01:06 am »

So you mean, a sort of in-built decay system with health, that would bleed people down back to within their normal health limits if it was ever exceeded? The problem with that is why is it so delayed? At that moment, we were back to regular health range. I think we may have to look back further... Possibly an error in the reincarnation? I mean, we did sort of come back... Wrong. We have memories we shouldn't, and the process was glitched.

EDIT: Seems we rolled a five in "everything is where it should be." A bit disconcerting. Also, Mili was in there too... I have a feeling those two are a bit interconnected.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:06:10 am by Xanmyral »

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: May 25, 2013, 12:02:16 am »

Firstly, Bloodborn was pre-selected upon creation.

Secondly,

You're partially right. It also added a +2 to damage.

Question is. First, what does Bloodborn do? Second, does Bloodfused have any draw backs beyond the cost.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MEGABATTLE
« Reply #4214 on: May 25, 2013, 12:06:31 am »

Update -4 Summary:
We scan ourself. Hm...Anyways, Al makes a double entendre which Rilitia completely misses, as he retrieves a sword. We teleport to the arena. Scanning Ciro seems like it might have something to do with it, but I can't imagine what. Those of you who want to investigate further, it's on page 190.

Also we recovered our clot-cutter that we had left lying around in a completely different room/level than what we were in for some time. That seems a lot more likely than getting hurt because we tossed it across the room for a turn, anyway.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1544