Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3731813 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: that sure is a lot of plot
« Reply #4215 on: May 25, 2013, 12:47:42 am »

Building off of the other theories, perhaps Oric wants the Target dead so he can steal the Target's Soul Charge, because Oric is getting dangerously close to becoming an Illborn? Ciro's Soul Charge builds very rapidly (being the main character and Conduit of the Oversoul and such), so (s)he'd be the ideal target for a murder to build Soul Charge, and we've more or less established him/her as the Target at this point.

Following this line of thought, it could be that Ciro coughed up the blood because her soul charge was getting low. The main problem with this explanation is the quick recovery.

Or maybe, as EmeraldWind suggested, Bloodfused is similar to Soulbound and would therefore likely have bad consequences if the item was separated from the person it was fused to.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:51:39 am by Mego »

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes!
I can't believe I actually got a question right, now all we have to do is figure out how to work that stupid thing!

But MASTAHCHEESE! We don't have a BLOD skill remember, we need to find/buy a 'CLASSTREE' first!
I know, it'll go to our health.

We don't need the Class tree to get a BLOD skill. We just need to buy and empty Stat Slot and some Skill Points. Class trees are needed to change classes.

Plus remember a BLOD stat would be useful in a lot of ways. First, if we add enough we go up tiers and get new abilities. Second, we get bonuses on rolls for Blood Shape which means better items as a result and less chance for failures.

Let's do this thing! (Or put points in Cheating. Or Sexiness, since that ring has been working so well for us.)

Acquiring Ciro new stat points/inventory slots/skills should be a thing we do as often as possible, since it seems like a core gameplay mechanic for the Warrensverse.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: May 25, 2013, 12:56:01 am »

Hmm.. Regarding things being soulbound, if you notice, once we shift to the strategic combat, everybodies entire inventories become colored, as if every single thing they have on them is soulbound.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #4218 on: May 25, 2013, 12:59:49 am »

I feel as if the second one is horribly wrong to all degrees
because y'know, an entire inventory becoming SoulBound might hurt.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: May 25, 2013, 01:12:44 am »

Am I the only person on this forum to use the kosher 50 ppp setting? :-/

Also, while I'm not one for meticulously searching through every post for possible explanations to what's going on, I absolutely adore the way you peppered, well, everything with so much information, FFS. This is seriously good storytelling, way better than a lot of books by professional authors I've read.

Also, since I'm not one for meticulously searching through every theory post either, is there any ground for the theory that having a bound soul means a person is a Sibling? Because then Al would be the Voice and everything will fit neatly together.

And one last question, FFS - did you base Yaos (or at least, his gender neutrality) on Vaarsuvius from OotS? (yes, I'm treating everything as a shout-out to something. Long months spent on TVtropes do that to you)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: May 25, 2013, 01:23:39 am »

It was seen that one could have a soulstar without being a sibling, but the question does make what is the difference? They just a smuck who Oric was like "hey, be my slibing" and they went "well, I don't know... Okay."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: May 25, 2013, 01:30:05 am »

Whatev's, I'm all up for making Slog a non-Illborn if we get another Oversoul.
Who is with me? Because a fully fleshed out slog, who levels up AND gets SLVLs to gt even better would be pretty damn cool.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: May 25, 2013, 01:33:11 am »

It was seen that one could have a soulstar without being a sibling, but the question does make what is the difference? They just a smuck who Oric was like "hey, be my slibing" and they went "well, I don't know... Okay."

Unless I miss this guess. It sounds like the Warden and his Siblings are chosen. Betweenford drops a couple hints in his conversation with the Blue Haired Chick.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: May 25, 2013, 01:34:10 am »

Hm... Kinda depends. I mean, we get freaking narrative control, we can do practically anything. Maybe find ways to gather hilarious sums of pence/rubies/dollars.

But, having a Slog that could actually advance would be interesting... But rather, I think in order to do that we need to 1) Realize he has a soulstar too, and 2) Find it. If we do that and have enough for Oversoul, sure lets go for it. We got double capacity now, so we can do twice the stuff.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: May 25, 2013, 01:35:48 am »

Hm... Kinda depends. I mean, we get freaking narrative control, we can do practically anything. Maybe find ways to gather hilarious sums of pence/rubies/dollars.

But, having a Slog that could actually advance would be interesting... But rather, I think in order to do that we need to 1) Realize he has a soulstar too, and 2) Find it. If we do that and have enough for Oversoul, sure lets go for it. We got double capacity now, so we can do twice the stuff.

Based off last time, in oversoul mode that should be extremely easy.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: May 25, 2013, 01:39:17 am »

PTW and I'm reading all 282 pages! It took me an hour to get up to page 117.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: May 25, 2013, 02:15:07 am »

I already see FFS stroking his beard at this post and thinking "Note to self: nerf Oversoul".

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: May 25, 2013, 02:16:32 am »

I already see FFS stroking his beard at this post and thinking "Note to self: nerf Oversoul".

I said finding it should be easy, not fixing it. Remember how much it took to restore Riltia's.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4228 on: May 25, 2013, 02:57:52 am »

Guys, no need for theories.
The simplest solution is usually right.

Oric= Ciro in a mirror.

It's clear-cut. Oric is either Ciro's Evil-Twin or himself from a different 'cycle'.

Or maybe even his father.

Or his 'chosen' antagonist.

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: May 25, 2013, 03:01:56 am »

Given that it was me and Furtuka who came up with that, I doubt it.
Of course, now it's true.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 1544