Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695777 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: that sure is a lot of plot
« Reply #4230 on: May 25, 2013, 03:08:17 am »

Ooh, so he is both Ciro's father and his brother? Yay incest.

More seriously, though, they are obviously both Siblings in this cycle. That ditches the idea of them being from different cycles.

As to the 'evil twin' idea... Apart from name, they don't look like polar opposites. Ciro isn't that good, Oric isn't that evil (at least when we've seen him).

My guess is that the names are just a red herring which the players have willingly imposed upon themselves.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: May 25, 2013, 06:58:47 am »

Guys, no need for theories.
The simplest solution is usually right.

Oric= Ciro in a mirror.

It's clear-cut. Oric is either Ciro's Evil-Twin or himself from a different 'cycle'.

Or maybe even his father.

Or his 'chosen' antagonist.

for every non-illborn there is an exact yet opposite equivalent somewhere in the dungeon

i hypothesize (with great degrees of inaccuracy) that now that we have "fixed" riltia with oversoul abuse (i really wanted to turn her into less of a hambeast, guess we ran out of charge for it) there's a monster!riltia somewhere on the dungeon levels that switched into a non-illborn form, and now that it's back to it it seeks to find more soul power to take control over the non-illborn self again

but that's bollocks yet i hope ffs implements it somehow

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: May 25, 2013, 08:33:41 am »

YES! FINISHED!
PTW!
Also, we can buy HP potions for 5 pence.
We have a (thus far) unlimited source of MP potions (empty bottle + fountain)
Perhaps we should try mixing them together - because
a) 1/2 price refresh potions and
b) there was a side-quest to mix three refresh potions.
Anyway, what could go wrong if we mix them?
a) nothing happens. We only bought a useful potion. Darn.
b) we roll a one and the thing explodes in our face.
c) we lose the potions
d) it works and we get the perks above.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: May 25, 2013, 09:10:00 am »

Guys, no need for theories.
The simplest solution is usually right.

Oric= Ciro in a mirror.

It's clear-cut. Oric is either Ciro's Evil-Twin or himself from a different 'cycle'.

Or maybe even his father.

Or his 'chosen' antagonist.

for every non-illborn there is an exact yet opposite equivalent somewhere in the dungeon

i hypothesize (with great degrees of inaccuracy) that now that we have "fixed" riltia with oversoul abuse (i really wanted to turn her into less of a hambeast, guess we ran out of charge for it) there's a monster!riltia somewhere on the dungeon levels that switched into a non-illborn form, and now that it's back to it it seeks to find more soul power to take control over the non-illborn self again

but that's bollocks yet i hope ffs implements it somehow
Pretty sure that since now we have the Confirmed list of Soul Stars, we can say that Ciro was at least at once a considered a sibling, along with Rilitia. Apparently, on a past life cycle, Ciro had black hair at one time.

As for the Illborn Rilitia wandering around, doesn't sound plausible; but technically there can be a worm template Illborn wandering around somewhere though.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

We don't need the Class tree to get a BLOD skill. We just need to buy and empty Stat Slot and some Skill Points. Class trees are needed to change classes.

Plus remember a BLOD stat would be useful in a lot of ways. First, if we add enough we go up tiers and get new abilities. Second, we get bonuses on rolls for Blood Shape which means better items as a result and less chance for failures.

Let's do this thing! (Or put points in Cheating. Or Sexiness, since that ring has been working so well for us.)

Acquiring Ciro new stat points/inventory slots/skills should be a thing we do as often as possible, since it seems like a core gameplay mechanic for the Warrensverse.
Head back to storage and get our ten pence from there, then buy Ciro 5x stat points.

You head back to the market to look into some Stat Points. Unfortunately, the current prices are not conducive to buying Stat Points. You need about fifty more Pence.

The Shopkeeper also offers you prices for your items.

Spoiler: Offers (click to show/hide)

Ask her how she got here, and what she knows of this weapon she's looking for. We might be able to help, although we'd like it if she helped us find our friends who fell down a trapdoor.

Edit: How much is a stat boost? We need to buy one, for health. That way we're A) Not as squishy, and B) Can do more blood shenanigans without overly endangering ourselves. Blood armor anyone?

Meanwhile, Slog returns with your Fountain Pence from storage. Hmm.

Spoiler: Active Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive Party (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: May 25, 2013, 09:30:44 am »

Refresh mana; then go knock out the statue. Or better, try to get it loose and sell it.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: May 25, 2013, 09:39:35 am »

"What do you know about this place? The Warrens, I mean. How did you get here?"

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: May 25, 2013, 09:45:53 am »

Refresh mana; then go knock out the statue. Or better, try to get it loose and sell it.

+1

I vote towards putting the stat points in barter. All of them.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: May 25, 2013, 10:05:48 am »

"What do you know about this place? The Warrens, I mean. How did you get here?"
+1
It's FEF, not FEOF

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: May 25, 2013, 10:27:04 am »

+1
+1

If it's loose, secured to the floor or other, we can sell it!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: May 25, 2013, 10:28:18 am »

So you mean, a sort of in-built decay system with health, that would bleed people down back to within their normal health limits if it was ever exceeded?
Kinda. I wasn't that specific, however.

The problem with that is why is it so delayed? At that moment, we were back to regular health range.
That's a problem with every theory.

I think we may have to look back further... Possibly an error in the reincarnation? I mean, we did sort of come back... Wrong. We have memories we shouldn't, and the process was glitched.
Maybe.

EDIT: Seems we rolled a five in "everything is where it should be." A bit disconcerting. Also, Mili was in there too... I have a feeling those two are a bit interconnected.
Which page was that, and how many updates before the bleeding?

Update -4 Summary:
We scan ourself. Hm...Anyways, Al makes a double entendre which Rilitia completely misses, as he retrieves a sword. We teleport to the arena. Scanning Ciro seems like it might have something to do with it, but I can't imagine what. Those of you who want to investigate further, it's on page 190.
Also we recovered our clot-cutter that we had left lying around in a completely different room/level than what we were in for some time. That seems a lot more likely than getting hurt because we tossed it across the room for a turn, anyway.
1. Why would grabbing something do anything?
2. I don't believe I referred to the clot-cutter-throwing as a likely option.

I feel as if the second one is horribly wrong to all degrees
because y'know, an entire inventory becoming SoulBound might hurt.
Then why didn't everyone cough up blood? If anything, Ciro would be less likely to cough up blood, because less in her inventory changed.

Hm... Kinda depends. I mean, we get freaking narrative control, we can do practically anything. Maybe find ways to gather hilarious sums of pence/rubies/dollars.

But, having a Slog that could actually advance would be interesting... But rather, I think in order to do that we need to 1) Realize he has a soulstar too, and 2) Find it. If we do that and have enough for Oversoul, sure lets go for it. We got double capacity now, so we can do twice the stuff.
Hm...
Is there anything stopping us from using Oversoul to turn Slog into a soulled slime which can generate, say, sapphires? A Sapphire Spit ability would be great, in-combat and out.

Ooh, so he is both Ciro's father and his brother? Yay incest.
I'd like to note that, barring time-travel, that's impossible. Half-brother and father, sure; just ask Eteocles.

As to the 'evil twin' idea... Apart from name, they don't look like polar opposites. Ciro isn't that good, Oric isn't that evil (at least when we've seen him).

My guess is that the names are just a red herring which the players have willingly imposed upon themselves.
Indeed. And isn't that the best kind?

I'll be looking for more evidence that the stuffing-with-HP theory is true; it just...sounds right and seems right. There's evidence, but mostly circumstantial. I suppose I'll need to consider the nature of HP...hm...

For the present, continue swapping exposition with Yaos.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: May 25, 2013, 11:31:29 am »

Noteworthy is that Yaos has passive SP regeneration (the +3 by him in the first image).
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: May 25, 2013, 11:41:03 am »

Spoiler: Theory Time, Pt II (click to show/hide)

Now, then. More evidence? Counterevidence? Congratulations? Calling-me-crazies?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: May 25, 2013, 12:26:25 pm »

Noteworthy is that Yaos has passive SP regeneration (the +3 by him in the first image).
I wouldn't say he is regenerating the SP itself, seems to be more like the gems he is passively regaining; probably his soul star  doing some funky awesome soul powers.

Have Slog go south to bathe in the pool again, go south to dismantle the statue

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: May 25, 2013, 12:35:02 pm »

We need ways to earn money, as it seems that it is the only way of character progression we have now.

Maybe we could go hunting to somewhere in the underside? To the greens? If I recall correctly, some herbs there could be used as reagents.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 1544