Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3742473 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: We now return to...
« Reply #4905 on: May 30, 2013, 01:01:10 am »

Don't do that. Stop and consider the consequences, folks.
The worst that could happen is evil Slog.
Do EET.
It really isnt.

Don't do it Ciro!
What else can we possibly do to advance the story? Do it!
Leave and come back how about?

Go back to the underside to search for our lost friend and love interest. (Al is not the love interest!) Also, leave a note spelled out with weeds for where we are for slog.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: May 30, 2013, 01:03:34 am »

I can't imagine screwing with a soul star can have any bad effects, ESPECIALLY not after that corrupt spirit duel.
NO
SIR
REE

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: May 30, 2013, 01:03:55 am »

But leaving tempts fate to turn Slog into a evil thing!
Grammar on purpose.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: May 30, 2013, 01:04:48 am »

I wouldn't risk corrupted slogsoul if I was you.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: May 30, 2013, 01:06:03 am »

Don't do that. Stop and consider the consequences, folks.
The worst that could happen is evil Slog.
Do EET.
It really isnt.

Don't do it Ciro!
What else can we possibly do to advance the story? Do it!
Leave and come back how about?

Go back to the underside to search for our lost friend and love interest. (Al is not the love interest!) Also, leave a note spelled out with weeds for where we are for slog.

Post Edit: Leave a pile of food from here for slog so he knows we care!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: May 30, 2013, 01:08:29 am »

We dont have any food.

Lets just leave, buy 2 health potions at the market, heal up, and then go Searching DL2 for the focus ruby.

I think its time that we get a healer.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: May 30, 2013, 01:09:05 am »

We dont have any food.

Lets just leave, buy 2 health potions at the market, heal up, and then go Searching DL2 for the focus ruby.

+YES
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: May 30, 2013, 01:11:05 am »

We dont have any food.

+YES
+1

((Will they have any new mercenaries now that Slog is dead? We should check anyways.))

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: May 30, 2013, 01:19:41 am »

Spoiler: Images (click to show/hide)

In the 3rd and 4th dialog boxes, ???? and !!!! both rhyme. Remind anyone else of Betweenford? This seems to solidify the theory that there are multiple "Angels", of which Betweenford is one. The fact that the 1st and 2nd dialog boxes don't rhyme bothers me, though.
The second rhymes with the third, and the first may actually rhyme depending on the name in there.

We dont have any food.
We're a squishy mage with a nearly full inventory, no meatshields/pack rats/damage dealers, and crud all methods of healing ourselves.
And your solution is to go wander a randomly generated dungeon in the hope we'll find a shiny rock lost there some time ago and get a healer.
I don't think so.

Also -1 to putting the star back. I guess we could put some bloodshaped stuff there if we wanted to risk losing MHP/MSP and/or fucking up slog.

((Will they have any new mercenaries now that Slog is dead? We should check anyways.))
Agreed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:22:58 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: May 30, 2013, 01:23:47 am »

Well, we can easily store pretty much everything except the shotgun, bag, ring, and our bloodshape skill, so inventory matters aren't really a problem. We also have 12hp, which is better than if we had started as a melee orientated class, we can create melee weapons for ourselves, and we can actually buy a potion of healing or two over at the market in the underside.

So really A: We have a good amount of hp, B: We have a good inventory space, C: We can always run from battles, D: as I mentioned, healing potions, and E: I'd rather us take a risk to get a person who can heal on demand, instead of us waiting around for a half-useless party member beyond being able to deal fire damage and take 2 hits.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: May 30, 2013, 01:25:37 am »

We dont have any food.

+YES
+1

+1 to checking mercenaries (after soul star shenanigans)

Spoiler: Images (click to show/hide)

In the 3rd and 4th dialog boxes, ???? and !!!! both rhyme. Remind anyone else of Betweenford? This seems to solidify the theory that there are multiple "Angels", of which Betweenford is one. The fact that the 1st and 2nd dialog boxes don't rhyme bothers me, though.
The second rhymes with the third, and the first may actually rhyme depending on the name in there.

Ahh, I didn't catch the second and third combining to rhyme. As for the first rhyming based on the name, it's possible, but that means it would have to be an angel we haven't met yet. It's not overly surprising that we haven't met all of the angels. Maybe there's one for each sibling/DL or something.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: May 30, 2013, 01:36:29 am »

A body in the recouperation pod + Soul Star in  the top slot = a Reincarnated Sibling. That's likely how these cycles keep happening.

What you are proposing is binding a Soul Star to Slog. Slog is a Mercenary, which are apparently fundamentally different beings than beings like Ciro or the other 6 siblings. They operate on different laws within the Warrens. And yeah, this might break this cycle... but it could also be really really bad. Consider who that Soul Star might have belonged to... it might have been that gal who died back when we were Bald Ciro. It also might belong to Al... and consider what might happen to him if we mangled his Soul trying to resurrect Slog? Especially since he's the only one with Riltia right now.

If nothing else, before we try the Soul Star, cut open the tube with the Spear, remove Slog's Essence, and put it in the top of the machine, where the Soul Star was. It might work similarly to Soul Stars and Siblings.

Also, just for reference, thought I'd repost this here.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: May 30, 2013, 01:45:11 am »

A body in the recouperation pod + Soul Star in  the top slot = a Reincarnated Sibling. That's likely how these cycles keep happening.

What you are proposing is binding a Soul Star to Slog. Slog is a Mercenary, which are apparently fundamentally different beings than beings like Ciro or the other 6 siblings. They operate on different laws within the Warrens. And yeah, this might break this cycle... but it could also be really really bad. Consider who that Soul Star might have belonged to... it might have been that gal who died back when we were Bald Ciro. It also might belong to Al... and consider what might happen to him if we mangled his Soul trying to resurrect Slog? Especially since he's the only one with Riltia right now.

If nothing else, before we try the Soul Star, cut open the tube with the Spear, remove Slog's Essence, and put it in the top of the machine, where the Soul Star was. It might work similarly to Soul Stars and Siblings.

Also, just for reference, thought I'd repost this here.

There are no dead Siblings, and the soul star doesn't belong to any of the Siblings. You can see their symbols in Sinful. This star is different. Cherish and Mili are the only non-Illborn we've seen to not have their soul stars - everyone else did or we haven't seen their inventories. It can't be Al's; we established that his was the Illborn Exchange.

As for the mercenary rules:
1. We never really used Slog as a meatshield, mostly because he wouldn't have worked well as one, given his meager HP.
2. We never disciplined Slog. We carried him around in a backpack at one point.
3. Hard Hat. Spellbook of Breeze.
4. We love Slog. We freely admit to loving Slog.
5. Letting Slog "solve" the pawn puzzle got us a neat item, the Polar Eye.
6. Hard Hat. Spellbook of Breeze.
7. Haven't broken this one yet.

Might as well be thorough and break all of the rules!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: May 30, 2013, 01:49:53 am »

....can we at least try the Essence in the top slot first? :I

I don't want Slog to come back wrong.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: May 30, 2013, 01:51:15 am »

and E: I'd rather us take a risk to get a person who can heal on demand, instead of us waiting around for a half-useless party member beyond being able to deal fire damage and take 2 hits.
You mean, as opposed to going and checking if there are any new mercs for hire, then seeing if Slog is back? We can do other things before running back into the dungeon and still be able to get the healer, you know.

It also might belong to Al... and consider what might happen to him if we mangled his Soul trying to resurrect Slog? Especially since he's the only one with Riltia right now.
I would have considered that as well given the shape and his class, but, well, he already has one and this ain't it.

There are no dead Siblings,
That we're aware of. Alternatively, they're all dead, for a given value of "dead".
and the soul star doesn't belong to any of the Siblings. You can see their symbols in Sinful.
Except Cain. Though it's not really the right colour for that.

As for the mercenary rules:
1. We never really used Slog as a meatshield, mostly because he wouldn't have worked well as one, given his meager HP.
2. We never disciplined Slog. We carried him around in a backpack at one point.
3. Hard Hat. Spellbook of Breeze.
4. We love Slog. We freely admit to loving Slog.
5. Letting Slog "solve" the pawn puzzle got us a neat item, the Polar Eye.
6. Hard Hat. Spellbook of Breeze.
7. Haven't broken this one yet.

Might as well be thorough and break all of the rules!
Actually, I'm all in favour of getting a new mercenary.
Though whether it's a "replacement" when we're also actively working to get Slog back... Eh.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 1544