Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3738921 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
« Reply #5700 on: June 06, 2013, 10:34:19 pm »

Way more complicated, eh?

Hm. First meeting with Betweenford...

You lead Riltia back to the shop room and have her plop the ladder down. It looks to lead into a dark area with some light spots flickering about.

Yeah, and then not that long ago we stared into the broken floor?

Same place, right? And then there's this throw-away line from when we somehow defeated Betweenford the first time!

Sure, most likely he just meant something like "out of sight, out of mind."

BUT

WHAT IF HE WAS LITERAL

The space between dungeon floors... could be Betweenford's brain. Which would tie into the whole "The Warrens are basically the Matrix and Betweenford is Agent Smith" theory.

Having looked at this post, I realize that I'm really tired and shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard right now.

Okay, so, having established that the black space is Betweenford's brain, I can safely conclude that the spots of light are Betweenford's synapses and/or logic gates firing when he thinks really hard, depending on whether his brainmeats are squishy and organic or hard and... circuitboardy. Actually I bet it's the latter, one of Betweenford's bros was named Circuitrix or something like that, and if that doesn't scream "robot brain" then I don't know what does!

But really, I'll have a theory up later. Also shame on ffs for only updating on days I must submit to wage slavery, I hate working for hours to come back and find out the more ablorbable party members have died in my absence!

In anticipation of missing updates, I suggest we interrogate the hell out of Cherish as to how exactly Al and Riltia are imprisoned, and for the love of Slog come up with a better plan than "run in there and stab everybody/everydroid."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: June 06, 2013, 10:45:49 pm »

and for the love of Slog come up with a better plan than "run in there and stab everybody/everydroid."
and for the love of Slog come up with a better plan than "run in there and stab everybody/everydroid."
You, sir, are no Adventurer.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: June 06, 2013, 10:46:47 pm »

interrogate the hell out of Cherish as to how exactly Al and Riltia are imprisoned,
We don't have to interogate her, she's on our side, for reals this time.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5703 on: June 06, 2013, 10:49:08 pm »

My first thoughts sped to the statue as well. Darn you all!  :P

How about this:
The black space is the OS (OricSoft? OperatingSystem? OverSoul? No, in this case OpenSpace) where the Angels go when not in the dungeon itself - the virtual space that is definitely not 'meatspace' (to borrow a phrase from Schlock Mercenary). Going into the OS and being able to navigate it allows you to almost instantly transport yourself to anywhere in meatspace the OS connects; the entire warrens, as the case may be.
Since the OS would be a terrible maze of passageways conduits and wormholes (the way I'm envisioning those glowing lines), moving through a space will probably send you far further then you intend to go (unless you know EXACTLY how it works), and keeping track of where you are in the OS is near impossible. You would seemingly disappear from one place and wind up in another, almost by random happenstance, but if you knew how it worked (Like if you would if you lived there, like the Angels seem to), you'd be able to go anywhere without anyone tracking YOU.
And so the lights are the Angels - their presence in the OS gives off a visible signal. The yellow one would be the strongest of the three (presumably Betweenford), and the other fainter two would be, well, the other two (Circitrux and... whatsername). They disappear and reappear almost at random because the nature of the OS makes them difficult to track. And the dots may also change hue based on what dungeon level the Angel is about to exit onto, or just came from (Like a Z-Coordinate, represented by a change in color), which would possibly explain why they were described as 'multicolored', though I find it far more likely there's just the two shades, and the Angels do not change. HOWEVER, if other colors show up, that COULD be other people besides the Angels getting into the OS, and probably getting trapped and lost.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: June 06, 2013, 10:51:52 pm »

You, sir, are no Adventurer.

This plan has never worked well, and in fact has gotten ourselves and our party members killed on multiple occasions. We actually have the opportunity to have a plan going into the fight, we should take advantage of that!

interrogate the hell out of Cherish as to how exactly Al and Riltia are imprisoned,

I meant interrogate in a strictly non-hostile fashion; substitute with "politely but thoroughly question" if it pleases you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: June 06, 2013, 10:53:12 pm »

I meant interrogate in a strictly non-hostile fashion; substitute with "politely but thoroughly question" if it pleases you.
Yes, that does please me.
The Derail Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: June 06, 2013, 10:58:55 pm »

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:11:01 am by javierpwn »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: June 06, 2013, 11:01:15 pm »

Rereading, I noticed something about our first meeting with Betweenford.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
'I have not time to rhyme to you the workings of Oric'

Workings of Oric. We've all been looking at Betweenford and such as 'angels' and I saw a theory that they're going against Oric, but from what Betweenford said, it sounds like the Void has something to do with Oric and the Warrens.

Spoiler: Workings of Oric (click to show/hide)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: June 06, 2013, 11:04:35 pm »

Rereading, I noticed something about our first meeting with Betweenford.

'I have not time to rhyme to you the workings of Oric'

Workings of Oric. We've all been looking at Betweenford and such as 'angels' and I saw a theory that they're going against Oric, but from what Betweenford said, it sounds like the Void has something to do with Oric and the Warrens.

Spoiler: Workings of Oric (click to show/hide)
He also did not have any blood of any sort; implying he isnt human(Which is why I think he is Sentient Void Robot)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: June 06, 2013, 11:12:24 pm »

Guess what you guys?

Cherish is now playable.

I think I made her overpowered, I got a score of 1298, the highest so far, and that was just the test run to make sure she worked properly.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: June 06, 2013, 11:14:32 pm »

Alright, I'm finally downloading this. Not because of Cherish, but because I'm getting tired of missing out. :p
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: June 06, 2013, 11:15:11 pm »

That was my point.
Ok, to clarify here, when I say "predictable" I mean "it can be easily predicted that it is likely to happen in some cycles" not "you can easily predict it will happen every cycle."
Yes, and...?

It's important to Oric, and Oric is in control of a lot. Oric will use that control to make sure things are the ways he wants it to be, which if the last cycles ended as badly for the Target as it seems from the fact that he started in power and Ciro didn't, are how the last cycle (and maybe the cycles before them) ended--with the Target losing and Oric on top.
Agreed, but that's not really important to my base point which is that it's not likely to break the cycles.
Though, it might change them significantly. I wonder, does Oric want the Target dead because the Target is the one who can replace him?
Change.
Precisely.
That's what this is about (I think)--ways that this is different from previous cycles.

I'm not saying that the dungeons must be autorepair, I'm saying that they can be quickly and easily remodelled on a very large scale. Whether that was done by Oric, Proxxy, the Angels, the Dungeon itself, or someone else entirely doesn't really matter.
Or...they were designed by a crazy guy. Or they could be remodeled slowly on a large scale. Or there was a magma pit in the original designs.
Except that that's contradicted by DL2.
Tell me, what major modifications are there? The drained pools? That's about all I noticed.

the Greens, which seem to be a life-support system, are in the Underside. That would evidently spell doom for the entire complex within hours.
Remember how I said the Underside may well not be an original part of the Warrens? If they did get added on, they would need their own life support.
Then why did the Warrens system care how much oxygen was left in the Greens? They're part of the Underside.
... That's the point. The Underside's life support system got taken out, so it had to fall back on the Greens.
What if...
...the Greens are the Life Support system?

That depends on whether we have Al with us.
Or if we're in Oversoul.
Not sure how Oversoul is going to help us get him to overlook the guy that murdered him for no good reason, unless we want to go the mindrape route.
Same way it helped with Riltia.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: June 06, 2013, 11:18:18 pm »

It's like no one has ever noticed my two iterations of stating the Greens is the LifeSupport, and it just had to revert to backup power(which would only last for 5 hours)
The only weird things about the Greens is, why does it need power if it uses plants for Oxygen;meaning we missed something in the Greens which uses power to supply Oxygen

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: June 06, 2013, 11:22:39 pm »

It's like no one has ever noticed my two iterations of stating the Greens is the LifeSupport, and it just had to revert to backup power(which would only last for 5 hours)
The only weird things about the Greens is, why does it need power if it uses plants for Oxygen;meaning we missed something in the Greens which uses power to supply Oxygen
I've noticed you mentioning it.
And it doesn't need power to produce oxygen, it needs power to route it through the system.
The Derail Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: June 06, 2013, 11:25:28 pm »

Oh wait,...... Maybe the Super Bright Light coming from the sky that needs power.... Because Plants need light....
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1544