Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3740676 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5775 on: June 08, 2013, 10:32:59 pm »

I'm not terribly fond of a plan where hostage death is a probably outcome. Besides, I'm much more down with trying to somehow recruit Proxxy to Team Protagonist. She's already in the Astral Influx, there must be a way!
Agreed.
...Wait, Slayerhero siggested we kill our healer if Proxxy killed Al and Riltia? What is WRONG with that guy?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: June 08, 2013, 10:38:42 pm »

I like it when I look back over updates and see Goom-bess accidentally written as "Goombella."

She could not be a more obvious rip-off if she tried.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: June 08, 2013, 10:40:04 pm »

I like it when I look back over updates and see Goom-bess accidentally written as "Goombella."

Oh yeah?!?
...Um, could someone who's actually played the Paper Mario games back up my statement with a way Boom-Gess could be more ripoffey?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: June 08, 2013, 10:40:48 pm »

She could be wearing an explorer hat?
It's FEF, not FEOF

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: June 08, 2013, 10:41:34 pm »

She could be wearing an explorer hat?

Just stick a little flashlight on the met hat. Viola.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: June 08, 2013, 10:43:00 pm »

She could be blonde?
It's FEF, not FEOF

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: June 08, 2013, 10:45:36 pm »

She could have a brother? Or a whole family?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: June 08, 2013, 10:46:53 pm »

I haven't actually come up with anything more on Theorycraft #4, but I thought I'd share my musings in case they spark somebody else to the answer.

The obvious interpretation of that line would be that Ciro dies at the end of the cycle, then everyone gets reincarnated and the cycle starts over. Except, it's unlikely that Ciro just needs to die; heck, we've already done that. The "defeat" must be a specific thing, and probably needs to happen in a certain way for the desired consequences to take effect. The half-formed idea I've been toying with is, what if Ciro's death isn't actually the end of the cycle, just the end of his/her role? It could be that the defeat is simply required for the important part of the cycle to happen. What that might be, I don't know, hence why this is just useless ramblings and not a proper theory! Probably impetus to make another character act, or maybe we'll give narrative control to someone in the final moment. Maybe the whole thing is an elaborate plot to get Ciro to give Oric narrative control via the Astral Influx?

I thought that was an intentional typo!

Who says she doesn't? :3

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: June 08, 2013, 11:17:52 pm »

I haven't actually come up with anything more on Theorycraft #4, but I thought I'd share my musings in case they spark somebody else to the answer.

The obvious interpretation of that line would be that Ciro dies at the end of the cycle, then everyone gets reincarnated and the cycle starts over. Except, it's unlikely that Ciro just needs to die; heck, we've already done that. The "defeat" must be a specific thing, and probably needs to happen in a certain way for the desired consequences to take effect.
You make a good point, we've already died, but not yet suffered defeat. Maybe it is because the Astral Influx transfers the mind of the Target into whomever it chooses.
Defeat is probably when someone dies without transferring the mind of the Target elsewhere.

Edit:Holy crap..... Just figured out why people can't be revived until the target dies! Oric uses the Soul Charge to revive his Siblings, and  instill more punishment unto them! Such is his Job as the Warden!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:19:57 pm by javierpwn »

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: June 08, 2013, 11:28:07 pm »

Y'know. I just realized a few things.

First of all, did we ever ACTUALLY get any confirmation for whether or not Floe is "the Eye"? I don't buy it, personally. For one, we really haven't gotten to see a whole lot of her at all.

Yeah. The Eye is confirmed as Floe in the Sinful intermission when Cain talks to the Voice.

The only thing is that it has never been confirmed that the Blue Chick is Floe. People make the connection, but the GM has yet to confirm with a name in the Blue Chick's text box. Though it seems likely that she is Floe due to the amount of evidence.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: June 08, 2013, 11:31:16 pm »

Who says she doesn't? :3
Inb4 "You killed my family in the arena, prepare to die."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: June 08, 2013, 11:33:25 pm »

Creative thinking Hooooooooooooo! Oric wants to kill his Siblings using Ciro, just to sum it up.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:30:24 am by javierpwn »

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: June 09, 2013, 12:22:39 am »

This game's awesome! :D

Check with shopkeeper the price of broken visor.
Rawr

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: June 09, 2013, 12:29:03 am »

I'm not terribly fond of a plan where hostage death is a probably outcome. Besides, I'm much more down with trying to somehow recruit Proxxy to Team Protagonist. She's already in the Astral Influx, there must be a way!
Agreed.
...Wait, Slayerhero siggested we kill our healer if Proxxy killed Al and Riltia? What is WRONG with that guy?

Slayerhero has been an Obvious Troll since his first "suggestion" and is actively trying to ruin the game. The best thing to do is to stop feeding him.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: June 09, 2013, 12:53:01 am »

Creative thinking Hooooooooooooo! Oric wants to kill his Siblings using Ciro, just to sum it up.
No; Oric punished Cain for murderderizing siblings.
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 1544