Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695243 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5805 on: June 09, 2013, 07:33:23 pm »

Well, I was hoping we could test to see if we could reverse the process. If for nothing else than possibly seeing what useless skills we have churn out reagent wise. Doubt it will work, but you never know.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: June 09, 2013, 07:48:08 pm »

Well, I was hoping we could test to see if we could reverse the process. If for nothing else than possibly seeing what useless skills we have churn out reagent wise. Doubt it will work, but you never know.
...Worth a shot. Start with something we can stand to lose. Frizz, maybe.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: June 09, 2013, 07:51:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure we lost Frizz when we lost Slog. Probably a bonded ability.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: June 09, 2013, 07:52:43 pm »

My thinking on it is that reagents don't take up space, so thus why sell skills when you can break them down to make different skills.

Soon we're going to need a secondary inventory for this stuff though I bet, to remember what's where and why and who has what and something akin to that.

I think we actually do have Frizz... Maybe? Did it drop when Slog died?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: June 09, 2013, 07:59:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure we lost Frizz when we lost Slog. Probably a bonded ability.
Didn't we put Frizz into storage? I thought we had.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: June 09, 2013, 08:17:19 pm »

Incidentally, Slayerhero's first suggestion:
Store plush cat in storage.
Where did that thing go? Didn't Cherish give it to Proxxy?

Anyways, I didn't know Cherish was a healer. I would not have suggested killing her if I knew that. I'm starting to think I missed an update.
Or possibly the entire bit when we met her the first time.
And the healing spells in her inventory.
And, again, why would it be a good idea to begin with? "You killed my friends? I WILL KILL ANOTHER OF MY FRIENDS NOW."
I just don't remember anything from that intro post about any healing abilities.

And the reasoning behind killing her was that 1: Proxxy should still have ties to Cherish, which might evoke a more emotion-driven response from Proxxy, potentially leading to her downfall, and B: intimidation value. If we kill Cherish, it shows that we don't give a fuck what happens to our friends. We might even start an jadedness-off.

yes, you may have missed the update where Cherish hops on Team Ciro (around the time the thread title changed to "Let's Get Al Back"

Also, as of the last Shipping Grid Proxxy gives zero hearts about Cherish, and Cherish gives one little heart about Proxxy. Thus, killing Proxxy might upset Cherish, but the reverse isn't true. Could easily have changed in the interim, but still maybe not the best plan.

I think the cat is still in storage. Cherish's storage, probably.

urge to index thread.... rising...

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: June 09, 2013, 08:22:54 pm »

Incidentally, Slayerhero's first suggestion:
Store plush cat in storage.
Where did that thing go? Didn't Cherish give it to Proxxy?

Anyways, I didn't know Cherish was a healer. I would not have suggested killing her if I knew that. I'm starting to think I missed an update.
Or possibly the entire bit when we met her the first time.
And the healing spells in her inventory.
And, again, why would it be a good idea to begin with? "You killed my friends? I WILL KILL ANOTHER OF MY FRIENDS NOW."
I just don't remember anything from that intro post about any healing abilities.

And the reasoning behind killing her was that 1: Proxxy should still have ties to Cherish, which might evoke a more emotion-driven response from Proxxy, potentially leading to her downfall, and B: intimidation value. If we kill Cherish, it shows that we don't give a fuck what happens to our friends. We might even start an jadedness-off.

yes, you may have missed the update where Cherish hops on Team Ciro (around the time the thread title changed to "Let's Get Al Back"

Also, as of the last Shipping Grid Proxxy gives zero hearts about Cherish, and Cherish gives one little heart about Proxxy. Thus, killing Proxxy might upset Cherish, but the reverse isn't true. Could easily have changed in the interim, but still maybe not the best plan.

I think the cat is still in storage. Cherish's storage, probably.

urge to index thread.... rising...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She has a little heart to Cherish. She cares(Albeit a smidgeon)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:25:18 pm by javierpwn »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: June 09, 2013, 08:25:40 pm »

Hm, you know... I don't think we ever thought about why Proxxy hates Al. We literally never gave it a second glance.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: June 09, 2013, 08:28:00 pm »

Probably because he failed a roll when trying to hit on her....Maybe thats why he hates her as well, because she rejected him

also, Ciro cared more about Slog than he did about Rilitia, yet didn't care when Slog died.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: June 09, 2013, 08:31:47 pm »

Well, Proxxy did take to Cherish quickly... Al saved Cherish right? Perhaps there's some connection there, or am I just grasping at smoke? Probably the latter, considering why Cherish didn't recognize Proxxy if that was the case though...

Beats me, but they do hate each other, enough for Proxxy to bomb his house. Al must of done something to Proxxy to warrant hatred on his end.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: June 09, 2013, 08:35:33 pm »

Probably because he failed a roll when trying to hit on her....Maybe thats why he hates her as well, because she rejected him

also, Ciro cared more about Slog than he did about Rilitia, yet didn't care when Slog died.

But we DID carry Slog around in a little backpack for a while, which is more than we did for Riltia! Might be why Riltia didn't really like Slog, actually. dammit now I want to carry Cherish around in a little backpack

Not to mention, we're being much more active about rezzing Slog than we were about Riltia. To be fair, a lot of that has to do with us having a much better idea of how to go about doing it, but still.

RE: Proxxy vs Al, Al smashed up one of Proxxy's searchbots, which led to Proxxy bombing Al's house, which led to Cherish being separated from Al and ending up with Proxxy, no doubt spreading a distorted version of that story. Hence, Al doesn't like Proxxy, and Proxxy REALLY doesn't like Al.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: June 09, 2013, 08:50:52 pm »

Long overdue, anyway.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: June 09, 2013, 08:53:22 pm »

No, I saw that one.

I still don't understand why everyone's talking about cycles, though. When were they mentioned? (That's why I feel I missed an update.)
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: June 09, 2013, 09:07:59 pm »

SLOG IS STILL ON THE CHART!!! HES ALIVE!!!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: June 09, 2013, 09:08:18 pm »

Yay, Cherish doesn't hate Al anymore! I'm surprised Slog is still on there though, considering he died. ...Unless...

Nevermind that for now though, we got more important things to do: Like rescuing Al and Riltia.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1544