Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3736534 times)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5940 on: June 13, 2013, 09:41:26 am »

Wasn't Cherish the one who knew how to mix reagents into potions? We might be able to do that sidequest now.

In addition, have we checked the plants we get from Growth? That useless-seeming ability might turn out to be a semi-infinite source of future Reagents.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: We now return to...
« Reply #5941 on: June 13, 2013, 09:54:29 am »

Wasn't Cherish the one who knew how to mix reagents into potions? We might be able to do that sidequest now.

In addition, have we checked the plants we get from Growth? That useless-seeming ability might turn out to be a semi-infinite source of future Reagents.
This may answer you:

You cast Growth on your hands, but casting the spell only creates some useless plant matter at your feet. Meanwhile, you send Goombess to go touch the Lightning

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: June 13, 2013, 10:47:19 am »

Umm... Why did Cherish type "exit", and what did it do?

I really hope her Heel Face Turn was genuine, or this boss fight is gonna suuuuuuuck

Cherish said she knew where Riltia and Al were, so...

Follow Cherish to Riltia and Al.

We know where Riltia and Al are; they're in the upper-right room, beyond the door with the Boss Wisp. As I see it, there's two things we can do now: Sidequest, in the grand tradition of any given RPG where we clear the floor before taking on the boss, or we go straight to the Boss Wisp to save Riltia (and Al, I guess) as fast as possible, though we'll have to give up some loot.

Since we've already inadvertently given up the best loot on this floor by transmuting the Floor Key, I propose we proceed directly to Boss Wisp. Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 Fountain Pence.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: June 13, 2013, 10:52:14 am »

Umm... Why did Cherish type "exit", and what did it do?
I really hope her Heel Face Turn was genuine, or this boss fight is gonna suuuuuuuck
+1

Since we've already inadvertently given up the best loot on this floor by transmuting the Floor Key, I propose we proceed directly to Boss Wisp. Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 Fountain Pence.
+1, especially since we can always comb this level for loot later.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: June 13, 2013, 11:20:06 am »

Actually wait, changed my mind, just hit Wispform Riltia in my binge and see no reason it wouldn't work for us now.

Ciro retrieves empty bottle from Storage, attempts to bottle topmost Wisp in lightning room while Goombess and Cherish cover the exits.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: June 13, 2013, 11:27:24 am »

A thought.

If that ruby we're supposed to be looking for is behind a now-permalocked door, we've screwed ourselves out of that merc.  In which case,

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: June 13, 2013, 11:30:33 am »

Spoiler: LOST FOREVER (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: June 13, 2013, 11:32:58 am »

Spoiler: LOST FOREVER (click to show/hide)
NUUUUU!
Seriously, though, why didn't Cherish remember when we were there?

1. She's in league with Proxxy and wants to impede us.
2. She's in league with Proxxy and knows there's something in there that would really help us defeat Proxxy.
3. She knows that the Ruby we're looking for is in there and doesn't want us to have another healer, in case we decide to replace her.
4. She's a preteen and forgot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: June 13, 2013, 11:36:40 am »

Perhaps having a shotgun in the face caused a bit of distraction.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: June 13, 2013, 11:42:35 am »

Perhaps having a shotgun in the face caused a bit of distraction.

Also she wasn't on Team Ciro at that point, and had no reason to tell us. And it's not like we asked her opinion on the key before we zapped it. Of course, we asked her about the keyboard thing too, and while she professed ignorance she knew enough to run an "exit" command, presumably with some reason to do so... I'm still suspicious of Cherish, is what I'm saying.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: June 13, 2013, 11:46:00 am »

Easy way to answer all our questions:

Ask Cherish what did she do with that keyboard

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: June 13, 2013, 11:46:19 am »

We were still in the room when she joined.

But yeah, Cherish is being a little suspicious.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: June 13, 2013, 11:57:58 am »

We were still in the room when she joined.

IMO, she didn't cross from pressganged to teammate until she read the letter, which was later.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: June 13, 2013, 12:14:04 pm »

Ask Cherish if she knows more about the key, like if it will respawn when lost. (chuck it into the void?)
or if it was made somewhere.
Nothing else has shown that tendency... though I suppose we might have a shot at it respawning if we completely destroy it.  :o
Especially since it's a mission-critical item. This isn't a Sierra game, folks.
...Right?

GAME OVER
You have destroyed a mission-critical item.  Please load your latest save.

What we need to do is alchemize it with something time-related.  Exactly what that means in this story, I'm not sure.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: June 13, 2013, 12:16:36 pm »

Ask Cherish if she knows more about the key, like if it will respawn when lost. (chuck it into the void?)
or if it was made somewhere.
Nothing else has shown that tendency... though I suppose we might have a shot at it respawning if we completely destroy it.  :o
Especially since it's a mission-critical item. This isn't a Sierra game, folks.
...Right?

GAME OVER
You have destroyed a mission-critical item.  Please load your latest save.

What we need to do is alchemize it with something time-related.  Exactly what that means in this story, I'm not sure.
Can we solve again the puzzle? Maybe another key will appear.

EDIT: took away my sentence from one of the quotes, hehe
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 1544