Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3725948 times)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5985 on: June 13, 2013, 05:37:33 pm »

Spoiler: OVERSOUL! (click to show/hide)
Just my thoughts on the Oversoul, and how it has an underlying plot to anything and everything we see or do.

Spoiler: Sending out an... (click to show/hide)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: June 13, 2013, 05:40:52 pm »

Just my thoughts on the Oversoul, and how it has an underlying plot to anything and everything we see or do.

It has a computer attached to it at least.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: June 13, 2013, 06:02:15 pm »

TWoOtA: More acronyms than the US Air Force!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: June 13, 2013, 06:53:35 pm »

I think the USAF has us beat, actually.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: June 13, 2013, 07:02:49 pm »

I think the USAF has us beat, actually.

Surely not. If so, we must remedy this. Institute Operation: MAttUSAF!

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: June 13, 2013, 07:11:32 pm »

People, people. If you want to open something, and you have no key or upper body strength, what do you do? Shoot it. We have a SHOTGUN. A double-barrel SHOTGUN. And a ability that gives us +5 to rolls in combat, which probably includes smashing open a lock. So, SHOTGUN the lock off.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: June 13, 2013, 07:54:25 pm »

Hm... I see no flaw in that plan at all. Well, besides the possible problems with destroying what's inside, but can't we try making a key first? Or, if that isn't possible, a lock-pick and something to give torque? I'd say that would be easier than making a specific key we don't have to compare to make sure it's right.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: June 13, 2013, 08:03:42 pm »

People, people. If you want to open something, and you have no key or upper body strength, what do you do? Shoot it. We have a SHOTGUN. A double-barrel SHOTGUN. And a ability that gives us +5 to rolls in combat, which probably includes smashing open a lock. So, SHOTGUN the lock off.
-1, we're literally as likely to damage anything inside as we are to open the chest. Probably more likely, actually--that lock looks tough.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: June 13, 2013, 08:12:22 pm »

RE: WTF Players in Spirit Duel

I'm of the opinion that they are representatives of one of Ciro's past lives, called forth when the Astral Influx flares to fight once again. So basically weaponized Multiple Personality Disorder.

I base this on basically nothing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: June 13, 2013, 08:16:00 pm »

I'm of the opinion that they are representatives of one of Ciro's past lives, called forth when the Astral Influx flares to fight once again. So basically weaponized Multiple Personality Disorder.
So, according to you, Ciro is controlled by past versions of him/herself...and Oric listens in on these past-spirits?
Hm. Interesting.
Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: June 13, 2013, 08:40:08 pm »

So, according to you, Ciro is controlled by past versions of him/herself...and Oric listens in on these past-spirits?
Hm. Interesting.

Wouldn't it be less that and more that he has a good memory? If we are Ciro's past lives, that is.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: June 13, 2013, 08:44:32 pm »

Hm. Interesting.

Wouldn't it be less that and more that he has a good memory? If we are Ciro's past lives, that is.

Given what we've suggested for Ciro so far, it's highly probable that a good number of Ciro's past lives died in DL1 due to swimming in lava, before ever meeting Oric.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: June 13, 2013, 09:03:58 pm »

Hm. Interesting.

Given what we've suggested for Ciro so far, it's highly probable that a good number of Ciro's past lives died in DL1 due to swimming in lava, before ever meeting Oric.

I initially proposed that idea during the Spirit Duel.

I noticed that Ciro began to break the fourth wall a few times after being Reborn. We also found out in a message that Ciro's previous lives were pouring into her head due to the Astral Influx being active. So it seemed that in a certain sense Ciro became aware of us and her previous lives at about the same time.

That said, Slimes need not be asexual. In Dragon Quest Monsters, Slimes can be male or female. Also Red Slimes AKA She-slimes are a separate "species" from regular Slimes (like Slog) and need not be female (I believe you can find this fact in DQ9 when you scan an enemy with a certain ability Edit: Checked no... It says She-slimes are a genetic mutation of a normal slime, but doesn't confirm gender one way or the other.). She-slimes were apparently named by adventures who could not tell a male Slime from a female Slime.

Granted some Slimes when strong enough can also produce asexually by splitting in half. Also Slimes like many monsters in the DQM world can reproduce with other monsters. They lay eggs like Pokémon in the first DQM, but the eggs aren't like Pokémon eggs where the egg is a baby of the female's species. Instead the monsters cross breed to form a different monster.

For example, say we have a Slime like Slog. And a member of the bird family called a Draky and we breed them. The resulting monster will be a Wing Slime.

I mention this because I imagine that its possible that we'll eventually find features that will allow either a breeding system, fusion system, or the like that may run on similar logic.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:37:17 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: June 13, 2013, 09:48:18 pm »

What? It got some support.

Oric literally remarked on our OOC discussion after the Polaris fight, we appear in the Soul battles, and Ciro often ends up discussing things with us (Mostly calling us crazy or stuff).
It's certain that we're an existing entity, somewhere in the warren's universe.

It occurs to me that perhaps we should wonder why Oric knows everything we say and do. Seriously, everything. He knew about the Ratings Star conversation we'd had just off-screen, and we intercepted that code in the Greens that knew more about Ciro remembering his past lives than Ciro did herself.

Note: It also explains why our theorycrafting gives boni. As we understand more, so does our "avatar/puppet" Ciro.

Wait, what OOC discussion did Oric comment on? The Ratings Star thing wasn't mentioned in the thread, it was just something Ciro mentioned because she's a RPG hero pastiche and Oric can either listen in on us or knows Ciro very very very well. I just take the moments of addressing the fourth wall to be Artistic License.

Hm. Interesting.

I initially proposed that idea during the Spirit Duel.

I noticed that Ciro began to break the fourth wall a few times after being Reborn. We also found out in a message that Ciro's previous lives were pouring into her head due to the Astral Influx being active. So it seemed that in a certain sense Ciro became aware of us and her previous lives at about the same time.

That said, Slimes need not be asexual. In Dragon Quest Monsters, Slimes can be male or female. Also Red Slimes AKA She-slimes are a separate "species" from regular Slimes (like Slog) and need not be female (I believe you can find this fact in DQ9 when you scan an enemy with a certain ability). She-slimes were apparently named by adventures who could not tell a male Slime from a female Slime.

Granted some Slimes when strong enough can also produce asexually by splitting in half. Also Slimes like many monsters in the DQM world can reproduce with other monsters. They lay eggs like Pokémon in the first DQM, but the eggs aren't like Pokémon eggs where the egg is a baby of the female's species. Instead the monsters cross breed to form a different monster.

For example, say we have a Slime like Slog. And a member of the bird family called a Draky and we breed them. The resulting monster will be a Wing Slime.

I mention this because I imagine that its possible that we'll eventually find features that will allow either a breeding system, fusion system, or the like that may run on similar logic.

Even before we were reborn, Al addressed the fourth wall at least once.

Which is why I draw a distinction between characters breaking the fourth wall to clarify actions, and the players in the Yaos Spirit battle.

Actually.

New Theory: Oric wants to supercharge the Astral Influx. My theory is that the Astral Influx is basically like a recording device; it tracks the narrative of whatever soul it is following. This power benefits its owner (Ciro) since it can be used to summon simulacrums of previous PoV characters, including Ciro's previous lives. Oric has designed the Warrens as an elaborate maze to guide Ciro through, giving him lots of life experiences, new friends to make PoV characters, blah blah blah. That's why the Astral Influx was in a chest in one of the first rooms of the Dungeon; Oric wanted us to find it. By killing Ciro every time he matures into a unique and interesting character, Oric is guaranteeing that the Astral Influx has grown at least one life richer, and he resets everything so Ciro can create another "new" life.

Why does he want to do this? Fuck if I know. Something to do with the Oversoul, or maybe the fact that the Astral Influx can follow multiple characters is why it gains Soul Charge more quickly, or something.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: June 13, 2013, 09:51:30 pm »

Theory:Every theorycrafting involves Souls, Soul Charge, Soul Stars, or the Oversoul.
No exceptions.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 1544