Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3736776 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #6000 on: June 13, 2013, 09:55:28 pm »

...Hm, I kind of doubt that. Remember when Ciro was turning blue? Ciro started saying things we didn't know, Ciro started to remember. He said as much, really.

Yet he was surprised at the names of the spirits, was he not? How could he of been surprised if Ciro knew each of them, or was one of them before?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: June 13, 2013, 09:59:02 pm »

Theory: Because of Ciro's connection to the OS, and reaching his True Potential ,he could summon the Souls of people he had never even met before; and command them to fight for him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: June 13, 2013, 10:01:28 pm »

That said, Slimes need not be asexual. In Dragon Quest Monsters, Slimes can be male or female. Also Red Slimes AKA She-slimes are a separate "species" from regular Slimes (like Slog) and need not be female (I believe you can find this fact in DQ9 when you scan an enemy with a certain ability Edit: Checked no... It says She-slimes are a genetic mutation of a normal slime, but doesn't confirm gender one way or the other.). She-slimes were apparently named by adventures who could not tell a male Slime from a female Slime.
Granted some Slimes when strong enough can also produce asexually by splitting in half. Also Slimes like many monsters in the DQM world can reproduce with other monsters. They lay eggs like Pokémon in the first DQM, but the eggs aren't like Pokémon eggs where the egg is a baby of the female's species. Instead the monsters cross breed to form a different monster.
For example, say we have a Slime like Slog. And a member of the bird family called a Draky and we breed them. The resulting monster will be a Wing Slime.

I mention this because I imagine that its possible that we'll eventually find features that will allow either a breeding system, fusion system, or the like that may run on similar logic.
Well...if we take the assumption that slimes reproduce by fission, clearly stated when I made that statement, then the slimes are (by definition) asexual.

Theory:Every theorycrafting involves Souls, Soul Charge, Soul Stars, or the Oversoul.
No exceptions.
Disproof: My theory about the Warrens being a spacecraft.

Theory: Because of Ciro's connection to the OS, and reaching his True Potential ,he could summon the Souls of people he had never even met before; and command them to fight for him.
Possible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: June 13, 2013, 10:06:57 pm »

Theory:Every theorycrafting involves Souls, Soul Charge, Soul Stars, or the Oversoul.
No exceptions.
Disproof: My theory about the Warrens being a spacecraft.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disproof: Al jumped into a pit.
Disproof:IllbornRilitia dug through solid ground/void.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: June 13, 2013, 10:14:25 pm »

...Hm, I kind of doubt that. Remember when Ciro was turning blue? Ciro started saying things we didn't know, Ciro started to remember. He said as much, really.

Yet he was surprised at the names of the spirits, was he not? How could he of been surprised if Ciro knew each of them, or was one of them before?

He's not incredibly surprised, he just thinks the name is kinda dumb. It's worth noting that Gamerboy4life was referred to as "Gamerboyforlife," and scapheap was capitalized to Scapheap, so it seems like we aren't quite a direct username->summoned spirit deal. I'm assuming that Ciro remembered some things at that point, but it's still too much for one mind to comprehend; either she couldn't focus enough on a given cycle to remember specifics (thus being surprised at the names that pop out) or she subconsciously made up names on the spot (with a fourth wall nod in the sense that we ARE her subconscious.)

Just to be clear, though, I don't really consider this to be a likely scenario, it's just something to amuse me until the next update. As Erasmus once said, "There is nothing so entertaining as treating trivialities as anything but trifle"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: June 13, 2013, 10:16:27 pm »

He's not incredibly surprised, he just thinks the name is kinda dumb.
Well, she has a point...

It's worth noting that Gamerboy4life was referred to as "Gamerboyforlife," and scapheap was capitalized to Scapheap, so it seems like we aren't quite a direct username->summoned spirit deal. I'm assuming that Ciro remembered some things at that point, but it's still too much for one mind to comprehend; either she couldn't focus enough on a given cycle to remember specifics (thus being surprised at the names that pop out) or she subconsciously made up names on the spot (with a fourth wall nod in the sense that we ARE her subconscious.)
Or the previous incarnation didn't have numbers in its name.

Just to be clear, though, I don't really consider this to be a likely scenario, it's just something to amuse me until the next update. As Erasmus once said, "There is nothing so entertaining as treating trivialities as anything but trifle"
Agreed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: June 13, 2013, 10:28:59 pm »

Well...if we take the assumption that slimes reproduce by fission, clearly stated when I made that statement, then the slimes are (by definition) asexual.
Only if that's the only way they reproduce.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: June 13, 2013, 10:34:01 pm »

Slog's backstory did mention Red Slimes in a context that suggests they would be potential mates. Though knowing Slog he might have just wanted a friend.

And likes the color red.

Hence Ciro.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: June 13, 2013, 10:38:18 pm »

He also wanted the red mushroom.
And, as noted, you can be turned down for a lot of things. Maybe Red Slimes are bankers in Slog's world and Slog had bad credit.
Sig

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: June 13, 2013, 10:53:28 pm »

Hmm... Given that the Arena is on DL2, just a room north of where we looked down, maybe the lights are other universes, accessible through the arena.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: June 13, 2013, 11:01:04 pm »

Hmm... Given that the Arena is on DL2, just a room north of where we looked down, maybe the lights are other universes, accessible through the arena.

The implications of lights going out all the time...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: June 13, 2013, 11:04:11 pm »

The implications of lights going out all the time...
Presumably, time flows differently in them.
Or it's just the universes currently connected with ours. Maybe send someones to Arena-Battle and have Goom-Bess watch to see if any stick around for longer?
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: June 13, 2013, 11:10:16 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFF-

New high score in the fan game with Riltia: 1999. Stupid stupid stupid, could've broken 2k if I'd used another guard and Grass Knot spammed that spider swarm. They get FAST past 1500.

Betweenford and Cherish are both pretty neat, think I might still prefer Riltia though. Brainless Fighter Strength for the win! I like the concept behind Al, but his Bulwark isn't very useful since Gelatinous Cubes soak those things up like sponges. Maybe have them ignore the cubes, or serve as an X chance to not take damage instead of dealing damage themselves? Looking forward to what the next enemies/characters might be; those sucker things from Outer Underside could attack by dropping from the ceiling, and Wisps have a line attack like Grass Knot...

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: June 14, 2013, 12:20:06 am »

FFFFFFFFFFFF-

New high score in the fan game with Riltia: 1999. Stupid stupid stupid, could've broken 2k if I'd used another guard and Grass Knot spammed that spider swarm. They get FAST past 1500.

Betweenford and Cherish are both pretty neat, think I might still prefer Riltia though. Brainless Fighter Strength for the win! I like the concept behind Al, but his Bulwark isn't very useful since Gelatinous Cubes soak those things up like sponges. Maybe have them ignore the cubes, or serve as an X chance to not take damage instead of dealing damage themselves? Looking forward to what the next enemies/characters might be; those sucker things from Outer Underside could attack by dropping from the ceiling, and Wisps have a line attack like Grass Knot...

What fan game?  There doesn't seem to be a link anywhere obvious...
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: June 14, 2013, 12:25:33 am »

FFFFFFFFFFFF-

What fan game?  There doesn't seem to be a link anywhere obvious...

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/217206-twoota
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1544