Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696305 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Goom-bess has -4 Plot Importance
« Reply #6765 on: July 03, 2013, 11:01:34 pm »

Go stick the icy shaft in one of the ponds and see if it produces ice.
Also, there's that room east of the shops we haven't explored.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: July 03, 2013, 11:06:25 pm »

Nope, we had Current 8 for a bit in the fight.
We also bought some MHP for Ciro, though.
Recently or far in the past? I remember the far in the past one.

Also, what's our shotgun made of? Pure MP, or did it take some HP because it's semi-melee?

Also, I have a plan for getting ourselves a new weapon. You won't like it, but you'll like where I'm going with it:

Get a searchbot claw.

Yes, yes, they're death incarnate and attacking one will result in Goom-bess being sliced like an onion. But think of if we could get it! Not only does it probably do respectable damage, it'd be stained with the dark bloodthirst and underworld-beckoning powers of its ilk!

In fact, we could switch our title to dwarven and then combine it with our headless spear to make a truly horrifying scythe of reaping for anything mechanical.

((Mostly joking.))
If we can...why not?
It requires specifically finding a certain type of enemy with a flawless track record of fucking us up, which is why I don't think it'll be viable.

But yeah, if we can find one and lure it into a pool or just go nova and blast the shit out of it before it kills us, let's do this. Coldeye, the Icy Scythe of Reaping, would be awesome.

That's because there's no door east. The only way to get east is by going north from the wisp room.

Speaking of things, though, did we ever try that stupid thing with hitting the save point while in a different room? I don't think it's going to work, but it's worth making sure and determining exactly how, when, and why it fails.

While we're at it, we should see how long it takes to get from one place to another in combat terms. Have two people fighting while another runs to a target room and back.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: July 03, 2013, 11:08:06 pm »

Also, what's our shotgun made of? Pure MP, or did it take some HP because it's semi-melee?
I don't remember.

-snip-
If we can...why not?
It requires specifically finding a certain type of enemy with a flawless track record of fucking us up, which is why I don't think it'll be viable.
But yeah, if we can find one and lure it into a pool or just go nova and blast the shit out of it before it kills us, let's do this. Coldeye, the Icy Scythe of Reaping, would be awesome.
That would fall under "If we can"...

Speaking of things, though, did we ever try that stupid thing with hitting the save point while in a different room? I don't think it's going to work, but it's worth making sure and determining exactly how, when, and why it fails.
+1

While we're at it, we should see how long it takes to get from one place to another in combat terms. Have two people fighting while another runs to a target room and back.
Sure, why not?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: July 03, 2013, 11:10:19 pm »

Shotgun is all MP because we reshaped it without melee.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: July 03, 2013, 11:11:38 pm »

The first incarnation of our shotgun had a bayonet, and cost both SP and HP. The current shotgun is just medium range, and cost only SP.

That's because there's no door east. The only way to get east is by going north from the wisp room.

Oh dang no, he means the place in Underside to the East of the Market. Man, now I'm torn between exploring there or exploring D:2. On the one hand, D:2 probably has more loot. On the other hand, it's criminal we haven't visited everywhere in the Underside Village. That might be where the mailman lives, or where everyone was hiding during the Rillborn invasion!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: July 03, 2013, 11:16:01 pm »

Shotgun is all MP because we reshaped it without melee.
Ah, thanks.

...speaking of which, our HP is actually decent now. Should we still be using a ranged weapon? Or at least, should we still be using a ranged weapon while everyone else is in melee?

Maybe we should add checking all the weapons in our storage to the laundry list of things we'd like to get done. We used to have a ton of them.

Also, just realized how much nobler and professional this party sounds than it actually is. We have:

Cherish the Karmic, White Apprentice
Ciro the Reborn, Blood Mage
Goom-bess the Wise, Helpful Stomper

Alright, so Helpful Stomper is a bit goofy, but from Ciro and Cherish's descriptions you'd think this party didn't spend most of its time spazzing out and trying to bypass carrying capacity restrictions.

Maybe Cherish really is hero material and just can't figure out what the hell's wrong with everyone else. She's got a complex, somewhat tragic backstory involving a different major character and everything.

The first incarnation of our shotgun had a bayonet, and cost both SP and HP. The current shotgun is just medium range, and cost only SP.
Ah, so that's what I was remembering.

...speaking of which, I'd dig for it myself, but you likely remember the answer anyway- what happens if we bloodshape armor or similar?

Oh dang no, he means the place in Underside to the East of the Market. Man, now I'm torn between exploring there or exploring D:2. On the one hand, D:2 probably has more loot. On the other hand, it's criminal we haven't visited everywhere in the Underside Village. That might be where the mailman lives, or where everyone was hiding during the Rillborn invasion!
Oh yeah. Hrm.

There's also Outer Underside, specifically mentioned as a source of Fountain Pence. At least I think it was fountain pence.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: July 03, 2013, 11:18:31 pm »

...speaking of which, I'd dig for it myself, but you likely remember the answer anyway- what happens if we bloodshape armor or similar?
Did we ever try?

There's also Outer Underside, specifically mentioned as a source of Fountain Pence. At least I think it was fountain pence.
It was. Shall we go there?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: July 03, 2013, 11:20:45 pm »

Did we ever try?
Don't believe so, but I'm pretty sure we asked FFS about it and he answered.

EDIT: I've found where someone asked about it, but FFS didn't answer. That was during the Yaos debacle, I could have sworn it came up much earlier...

It was. Shall we go there?
I'd like to. It sounds like it might be a good source of loot that's less hardcore and wiped-out than DL2.

Or maybe more wiped out since it was just an acid fountain with two maggots in it last time we were there. Maybe we can branch out more this time or something?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:31:37 pm by IronyOwl »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53:40 pm »

I'd say we should stick to probably-safe areas for now, since if we lose any party members before we recover Al and Riltia we're pretty much screwed. Hence my suggesting exploring the village.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: July 04, 2013, 12:02:00 am »

I'd say we should stick to probably-safe areas for now, since if we lose any party members before we recover Al and Riltia we're pretty much screwed. Hence my suggesting exploring the village.
This is true, but we're in kind of a Catch-22 at the moment.

We need to go rescue Al and Riltia. We need to be strong to rescue Al and Riltia. We get stronger by exploring dangerous areas and not fucking up.

So our options are, at some point, a risk vs reward type thing. We can stick to safer areas, but we're just sort of stalling if we can't get anything out of them.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: July 04, 2013, 12:18:11 am »

So our options are, at some point, a risk vs reward type thing. We can stick to safer areas, but we're just sort of stalling if we can't get anything out of them.

Well, there is the 150-update countdown on our skill tree.  So... hooray for stalling?
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: July 04, 2013, 12:26:01 am »

Well, there is the 150-update countdown on our skill tree.  So... hooray for stalling?
That's not updates, it's vaguely defined time units. Remember we made that useless grass-growing skill with it? It took 50 units, as I recall, and I think it was done relatively quickly.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: July 04, 2013, 12:32:59 am »

That's not updates, it's vaguely defined time units. Remember we made that useless grass-growing skill with it? It took 50 units, as I recall, and I think it was done relatively quickly.

Oh, right.  Well, I'm all for spending 150 vaguely-defined time units trying to get to D:1, and then playing with the ladder if we get there with time to spare.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: July 04, 2013, 12:59:33 am »

This is true, but we're in kind of a Catch-22 at the moment.

We need to go rescue Al and Riltia. We need to be strong to rescue Al and Riltia. We get stronger by exploring dangerous areas and not fucking up.

We're getting stuff out of the skill tree, and we're not likely to be able to win without that thanks to the spear loss, so we may as well check out those areas that should be safe but that we haven't got around to checking yet while we wait. If the skill tree results aren't enough help that we have a good chance of taking out Big Wisp, then we can see about more risky areas (say, the arena for a bigger party). Besides, the safe areas may be very useful, if it turns out to have one of those dark/awesome locations, or a recruitable NPC.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: July 04, 2013, 06:56:55 am »

Hey, lurker here. Since you guys seem to have forgotten, I'd like to point out that one of the shops in the Underside sells weapons, so if you don't find anything on the rest of D2, there's always that.
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1544