Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3727278 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

WOO! Just finished reading from start to finish. Also, PTW
Congrats. though you just made me realise I joined at page 1, and am still hooked 488 pages and many months later. Just wow.

* Mego checks page count
* Mego gets confused because it clearly says 147
* Mego remembers some people prefer having conversations broken up over more pages

But seriously, 15 ppp? How can that be pleasant?

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure most people just don't care enough to change it from the default setting.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

And I perfur to read in bitesized chunks
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I prefer my pages not taking ages to read.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

WOO! Just finished reading from start to finish. Also, PTW
Congrats. though you just made me realise I joined at page 1, and am still hooked 488 pages and many months later. Just wow.
Same here, IIRC.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I am really curious as to what will happen if Pyro Aqua wins
It's FEF, not FEOF

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I only recently upped my ppp count since my interbutts is generally crap, and the image-heavy things I often read/create can take a while to load if there's a lot on a page (i.e multiple largish updates.)

Anywho, ice skill is fancy, if expensive. Also I forget, does the double damage from weakness apply to the end result (got a 5 total, so deal 10) or does it double the dice rolled (4d2 becomes 8d2)? In either case, this skill is probably only going to be useful against critters weak to ice in the long run; 4d2 is nice (average what, 6 damage per use?) but for 6 SPP it's very expensive. Or more accurately, it'll only be worth having as long as we have characters who don't use their SPP for direct damage (and want to have that cannon option.)

Trade Flurry to Goombess for the electric key, since she has high SP and isn't also a healer.

As far as Storage shuffling goes, Store Cherish's base staff and the dice, keep the skill tree (so -1 to storing the borked ice staff (still better vs Electricity than base staff) and -1 to storing the skill tree (we should start cooking another skill!))

Also Go explore the last bit of Underside

+1  We've already taken our shipping hit for not fighting immediately, may as well cash in and try to avoid a fight entirely. Speaking of...

I love how this confirms that Slog is dead forever.

It confirms nothing, it just suggests it is impossible to ship to/from a dead guy! Which I denounce as biased against the living impaired!

Most interesting to me is the continued presence of Proxxy shipping to Cherish. That's probably the best chance to attempt a peaceful resolution to our differences.

NINJA:

Oooh, I bet it'd be awesome. Obsidian mage or something, maybe? Dammit imma change my vote from Foot to try and make this happen

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pyro Crafter seems to be the current leader.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SUGGESTIONS MADE WHILE WRITING UPDATE NOT COUNTED

Drop the dice in storage, take the ice out of the tree.
Put the broken spear, the skill tree, the key and the dice in storage.

+1

Also Go explore the last bit of Underside

Wop wop wop etc. You teleport to the Underside and make a beeline for Storage. Time get rid of some of this junk.

This sure is a lot of theoretically useful junk you're starting to accumulate! Only now is filling up your Storage starting to seem like a horrifically possible future roadblock.

Looks like Chief's back where he's supposed to be.

After quickly dismissing Chief, you head east past the market and enter the Underside Secondary Residential District.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course.

Chat with everyone in the room. That's how you progress plot in some of these games, right?
Sig

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Gogdamnit why the fuck is Hussie here?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course.

Chat with everyone in the room. That's how you progress plot in some of these games, right?

Who will you chat with first?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

PPE:  ninja by update

Pyro Aqua -> Steam... punk?

Also crafter is lame, we already have bloodshape.  We'd just get Fireshape.

Anywho, ice skill is fancy, if expensive. Also I forget, does the double damage from weakness apply to the end result (got a 5 total, so deal 10) or does it double the dice rolled (4d2 becomes 8d2)? In either case, this skill is probably only going to be useful against critters weak to ice in the long run; 4d2 is nice (average what, 6 damage per use?) but for 6 SPP it's very expensive. Or more accurately, it'll only be worth having as long as we have characters who don't use their SPP for direct damage (and want to have that cannon option.)

It doubles the per-die damage, IIRC.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Chat counterclockwise from current position.  Including birds.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Aww, can't change my vote. Oh well.

Also, I noticed the dice in the icon doesn't match real world dice. If you were to hold a d6 such that the 6 faces you and the 5 is on top, the dots on the 6 face would be horizontal, not vertical. Clearly this is a subtle indication of the magical nature of these dice that any crafty and experienced adventurer would quickly pick up on.

NINJA'D BY UPDOOT

I still think that Cherish should use the ice haft instead of her base weapon, at least as long as we're fighting lots of Wisps and other electric enemies.

Ask Cherish why she was so abrupt with the Chief *cough cough* what's he up to *cough*

OH GOD THE DOOM ROBOT FROM LUIGI QUEST IS HERE

Chat with all the NPCs! No-outline bird guy, blue... chick I think, head on a table!

Make sure to check out that "for sale" sign! We could buy a HOUSE maybe!

FAKEEDIT: FIVE MORE NINJAS!

Uh, yeah, start with bird guy.
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 1544