Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3736163 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Friend and love interest in mortal peril by an arch enemy? Venture into real estate!

Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Extreme Priority Makeover
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Friend and love interest in mortal peril by an arch enemy? Venture into real estate!

run a merchant empire like it's final fantasy and the world is ending

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

And on this note:

Guys, FFS said he's trying to finish Chapter 2 in 11 days. That probably means we should stop staring at grass and get a move on.

So, let's look at the things we absolutely have to do:

#1: Defeat Cherish Proxxy (damn it, did it again)
#2: Rescue Al and Riltia

We could probably rescue Al and Riltia without defeating Proxxy at least in absolute theory, but we might not be able to go down a level or do anything else we needed to do. So, at least for the moment I think we should treat that as one goal.

So, what do we have to do to defeat Proxxy?

#3: Defeat Cherish

#2: Defeat Wisp Boss blocking way to Cherish

#1: Defeat Searchbots blocking way to Wisp Boss

So what do we have to do to pull that off? Well, nothing; save maybe "have a plan" or "get lucky."

So now we're into two categories: One, what do we "need" to do to defeat the Searchbots and then the Wisp Boss and then Cherish Proxxy (I will hereby be preserving all instances where I call Proxxy Cherish); and two, what do we want to do before or in addition to pulling that off.

For the first one, obviously that's our combat strategy. For the second, obviously that's finding loot or completing romance subplots or something.

Personally, I'm still a fan of trying to lure the searchbots into the Wisp Boss, then finishing off whoever's left, looting the remains, and formulating our plan of attack on Proxxy herself from that.

Ciro goes in as is.
 -Blood Shotgun
Cherish goes in as our healer.
 -Heal Skill
 -Ice Shaft (2d2 is almost 1d6, vs ice-weak enemies)
 -ALTERNATE: Bloodshape her a rifle, restore point our SP back anyway
 -At least one, maybe both bottles of water for SP restoration
Goom-Bess goes in as our magetank
 -Hardhat to stand there any tank if that's a viable option
 -Ice Storm to go all nova on ice-weak enemies before hiding under her own hat

Obviously, everyone's inventory cleared out otherwise.

Anyone have a problem with this plan, and anyone have a reason we shouldn't do this plan right now? I'm all for other, practical ideas, but I don't think we've got any gold coming in through the skill tree at the moment and I think our foraging options are limited. If we want to poke around Outer Underside a bit first I'd be down for that, but again, I think we should get a move on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted to get a fourth party member so as to stack the odds.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Given how this game works, I think "attack straight away" is almost certain to end the chapter quickly.
With our deaths.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I wanted to get a fourth party member so as to stack the odds.
Valid. Do we have any options regarding that, though?

Given how this game works, I think "attack straight away" is almost certain to end the chapter quickly.
With our deaths.
As opposed to what?

Again, I'm fine with buffing up if we can figure out a way to buff up, but I don't see "wander around Underside until Proxxy's less scary" accomplishing anything.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've always advocated finding that damn ruby for the staff chick.

If all else fails theres the guy we can buy for money.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

+1 to the stop messing around plan.
+1 to 4th party member plan.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you guys could put said vague ideas into action form that would be great, thx.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I've always advocated finding that damn ruby for the staff chick.

If all else fails theres the guy we can buy for money.
Can't find the ruby without dealing with the searchbots, and I consider the best way to deal with the searchbots to be to deal with the Wisp Boss.

And this is assuming it's not lost in that chest we accidentally upgraded the key to before using.

The most recent merc update I can find shows none available for money.

Unless you mean Twii, who can be purchased for a necklace that can be purchased for money.

However, thanks to monk12's excellent navigation system, it would seem we don't know where to find such a shopkeeper.

On the other hand, turns out we could buy a fire reagent for 30 so the Pyro Crafter counts as purchasable as well. Unfortunately we have only 25/30 Stream Rubies. Unless we know where to get more or have a sidequest we know we can accomplish quickly, I don't think that's viable either.

Also as a result of monk12's navigation system, I have been reminded of certain things.

If you guys could put said vague ideas into action form that would be great, thx.
Working on it! :x

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To the Greens! We must check on slog!
Also bring the Catalyst with us!

If slog ain't alive, I gots me a plan.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Then share. I still don't think we're gonna be able to bring Slog back until Al points out exactly what we need to do. :<

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: HELLO SS4MARIO
« Reply #7617 on: August 04, 2013, 08:56:36 pm »

Guys, I know why Ciro is a girl now. It's obviously because that other girl that died shortly before Ciro did was put into the same tube.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: August 04, 2013, 08:57:20 pm »

Guys, I know why Ciro is a girl now. It's obviously because that other girl that died shortly before Ciro did was put into the same tube.
Yeah, I kinda figured that once I saw it.
Also, title.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: August 04, 2013, 08:57:57 pm »

Then share. I still don't think we're gonna be able to bring Slog back until Al points out exactly what we need to do. :<
The catalyst is an online Soul Star. Meaning that it has some soul charge left in it. Being Ciro:Manipulator of Narrative and Souls; we can try pouring soul charge into the tank to try and revive him.

Not so good for the owner of the soul star though, considering it has the chance to be owned by Cherish.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 09:01:23 pm by javierpwn »
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 1544