Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696029 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Proxxy Peace
« Reply #7965 on: August 11, 2013, 12:55:33 am »

Next thing you know, we'll lose our level-boss ally, just so FFS can drink more players' tears.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: August 11, 2013, 12:56:33 am »

FFFFFF WE SHOULD HAVE PICKED UP THAT SIDEQUEST DAMMIT.

SEE ABOVE!

Good job, I guess - you managed to engineer the exact set of actions to ally with the one enemy on DL2 you were absolutely supposed to kill.

Twooters: breaking FFS's games at every possible tur

By the end of this, we'll have allied with every single sibling, and we'll approach Oric as a single unified army, and when it comes time to kill him, we'll save his poor soul, too. But not by allying with him.
Double-cross-pheonix-down. Kill him, mercilessly, and then when the endless cycles are stopped, we can bring him back right. And show him there is so much more to the world then a prison.

This. And then we'll ride the feels train full steam ahead.

One of the primary things we need to do when TWoOtA continues is figure out what the hell happened with Yaos. Maybe Proxxy will have some information?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: August 11, 2013, 12:59:06 am »

Indeed, hopefully she will. Despite a great victory, we have many questions.

Rubric Registrar to see if we've unlocked anything new?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: August 11, 2013, 01:00:47 am »

Rubric Registrar to see if we've unlocked anything new?
And I was hoping to see Riltia's and Al's rubric registrars! FFFFFFFFFFFF
The Derail Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: August 11, 2013, 01:00:55 am »

We're in a truce, with any luck it hasn't counted as allying yet.
Ooh, good point.

Anyway, I have thought of a question:

How did you intend/think this chapter/game would play out, and what were the major turning points where you realized it wasn't going that way?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: August 11, 2013, 01:12:51 am »

How did you intend/think this chapter/game would play out, and what were the major turning points where you realized it wasn't going that way?

To start, the whole point of Act One was for the four characters I now consider the Main Characters (Ciro, Riltia, Al, Cherish) to finally be in the same party together. After all, the whole game has really been coming together since the start of chapter two. Why not the characters, too? However, that kept looking less and less likely as it went on, but I threw Al and Riltia in here so you could save them by killing Proxxy. Big damn heroes and all. That didn't happen, either.

I also expected Ciro and Al to venture into the Outer Underside for another escape route (instead of Ciro going all Oversoul from [redacted] and reviving Riltia immediately rather than later on).

I didn't expect everyone to really like any of the mercenaries, but Slog was great, and there will probably be another really likeable one at some point.

Meeting Oric was going to be a thing where we didn't know it was Oric and then theorized it for the next 5000 posts. The specific combination of actions and behind the scenes rolls turned that on its head.

Did not expect the players to spend so much time in the Market/underside doing resource management. Urrrrrgh. That's my least favorite side effect of this system.

Yaos' appearance was part of the Random Event Table (which I jokingly called the Random Subplot Table to Derm once), but meeting her was such an outrageously small chance I didn't think it was going to happen. Spirit Duel with Yaos was also unexpected and kind of horrible/anti-climactic.

And obviously, I didn't expect this ending at all.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: August 11, 2013, 01:16:54 am »

To start, the whole point of Act One was for the four characters I now consider the Main Characters (Ciro, Riltia, Al, Cherish) to finally be in the same party together. After all, the whole game has really been coming together since the start of chapter two. Why not the characters, too? However, that kept looking less and less likely as it went on, but I threw Al and Riltia in here so you could save them by killing Proxxy. Big damn heroes and all. That didn't happen, either.

I also expected Ciro and Al to venture into the Outer Underside for another escape route (instead of Ciro going all Oversoul from [redacted] and reviving Riltia immediately rather than later on).

I didn't expect everyone to really like any of the mercenaries, but Slog was great, and there will probably be another really likeable one at some point.

Meeting Oric was going to be a thing where we didn't know it was Oric and then theorized it for the next 5000 posts. The specific combination of actions and behind the scenes rolls turned that on its head.

Did not expect the players to spend so much time in the Market/underside doing resource management. Urrrrrgh. That's my least favorite side effect of this system.

Yaos' appearance was part of the Random Event Table (which I jokingly called the Random Subplot Table to Derm once), but meeting her was such an outrageously small chance I didn't think it was going to happen. Spirit Duel with Yaos was also unexpected and kind of horrible/anti-climactic.

And obviously, I didn't expect this ending at all.
but meeting her was such an outrageously small chance I didn't think it was going to happen.
I told you guys, but you never listened to me.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: August 11, 2013, 01:17:14 am »

Ah-HA!

EDIT: YOU FREAKING NINJA
The Derail Thread

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: August 11, 2013, 01:17:41 am »

AHA!

Edit: I'm not saying it was ninjas... but it was ninjas.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: August 11, 2013, 01:24:45 am »

All three of you chose to bold, underline, and italicize that. And all chose the same size.
Mastah cheese put his tags in a different order, and javierpwn added a fun(ny) font, but other than that...
Too coincidental to actually be real ninjas. Must be drug ninjas.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: August 11, 2013, 01:28:38 am »

One of the primary things we need to do when TWoOtA continues is figure out what the hell happened with Yaos. Maybe Proxxy will have some information?
We destroyed him Soul, mind, and body. He was Willborn, so there was no other way.

Makes me think on what I suggested earlier, about a Willborn just being a Illborn that corrupted it's Soul Star trying to look for Soul Charge.

He wants the Target dead(as an excuse) so he may keep doing routine murder of his Siblings, Using Ciro as his tool in the act
Confirmation of part of an older theorycrafting. Oric uses us to kill them.

All three of you chose to bold, underline, and italicize that. And all chose the same size.
Mastah cheese put his tags in a different order, and javierpwn added a fun(ny) font, but other than that...
Too coincidental to actually be real ninjas. Must be drug ninjas.
COMIC-SANS HOOOOOOOOOO!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: August 11, 2013, 01:36:11 am »

Ninja squad, unite!
The Derail Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: August 11, 2013, 01:53:22 am »

Still need to get evidence for the older Theorycrafting's. Still amazing I found a plot device 2 months earlier.

Might get on that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: August 11, 2013, 01:56:36 am »

Ninja squad, unite!
Damn, I was wrong.

As in you're going to intentionally add one or one will probably just happen to turn out awesome?

Anything you can tell us about what was supposed to happen?

Anything more you can tell us about Proxxy or your plans for her?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: August 11, 2013, 02:00:37 am »

Anything more you can tell us about Proxxy or your plans for her?

She's not the best of the Sinister Siblings.

It seems so far off, but I know eventually we will get to the Best Sibling. And everyone will know it when it happens.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:02:58 am by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 1544