Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3737478 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Proxxy Peace
« Reply #7980 on: August 11, 2013, 02:10:29 am »

One of the primary things we need to do when TWoOtA continues is figure out what the hell happened with Yaos. Maybe Proxxy will have some information?
We destroyed him Soul, mind, and body. He was Willborn, so there was no other way.

I'm aware that Yaos is very dead. What I meant was, why was Yaos in the Warrens, why was his/her soul star slowly killing him/her, what was his/her "bargain", etc.

And the most important question, IS YAOS MALE OR FEMALE? There have been FFS posts referring to Yaos as both: male/female

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: August 11, 2013, 02:23:16 am »

As an Exile, what would you do; spend the rest of your life hunted down by your previous Jailers, or find the super cool weapon rumored to be held by great people, and is so dangerous, they throw criminals of the highest offense into close proximity with it.

As for the Soul Stars, they might reveal alot about the person who they belong too. An example being the Astral Influx, because Ciro has identity Issues, not knowing who he truly is, his Star allows him to transfer consciousness to whomever he choose. Another example being the Illborn Exchange, being as Al has a keen interest on Illborn.
Yaos felt throughout his/her life hat because s/he had powers, s/he owed something to the world; said thoughts manifested themselves into the Star and Voila!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #7982 on: August 11, 2013, 03:00:02 am »

Yaos' gender is yaos.

There, the eternal question is answered.

I am also available for questions on how one pronounces any of these stupid names.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: August 11, 2013, 03:38:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What would've happened if we killed Riltia? Any immediate loot(not from statue)?

Also:WE LISTENED TO ORIC!!!!!! WE CHOSE NOT TO BE A HERO AND SIDED WITH PROXXY!!!1!1!!!1!one!1!1!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: August 11, 2013, 03:41:53 am »

I always pronounced Yaos "yay-ohs" and Riltia "ril-tee-uh." Other than that yeah, pretty much.

No idea on your Riltia question lolol etc. We probably would have died. She IS kind of the tank of the party.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: August 11, 2013, 03:48:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What would've happened if we killed Riltia? Any immediate loot(not from statue)?

Also:WE LISTENED TO ORIC!!!!!! WE CHOSE NOT TO BE A HERO AND SIDED WITH PROXXY!!!1!1!!!1!one!1!1!

I always thought of it like this:

Yaos - Yay-ohs- like rhyming with Chaos
Riltia - Ril-tee-ah
Ciro - Seer-oh
Al of course is Al
Proxxy - Prox-ee

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: August 11, 2013, 03:59:54 am »

Diplomacy is victorious yet again.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: August 11, 2013, 04:14:33 am »

Wait, Proxxy knows everything about the level, right?

She knows where all the loot is then and how to avoid her (possibly ex)minions. Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: August 11, 2013, 04:39:09 am »

Damn, I miss the rest of the diplomacy duel, and I come back to find that Slog is dead you pulled a miracle and recruited Proxxy?!?

You guys are awesome.

Also, FFS, I have to say rolling with the unexpected like this has always been in my mind the hallmark of the best GMs.

(I've been pronouncing it 'Yah-oss'.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: August 11, 2013, 05:40:40 am »

I was halfway through reading that when I noticed the title change.
It kind of spoiled the ending.
Ah well, can't complain, for once I miss something important and everything I would have voted for was chosen.
Oh, and we sort of 'won' DL2.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MUUST UPDAATE FASTEER
« Reply #7990 on: August 11, 2013, 05:50:42 am »

Poor Proxxy... Her searchbots possessed by Angels/Eye/Voice.
Indeed.
Or maybe hacked by Oric.

FFFFFF WE SHOULD HAVE PICKED UP THAT SIDEQUEST DAMMIT.
Ah well, there's always the next Sibling. And hey, maybe threats from three separate Siblings will convince them that we've allied a Sibling.

By the end of this, we'll have allied with every single sibling, and we'll approach Oric as a single unified army, and when it comes time to kill him, we'll save his poor soul, too. But not by allying with him.
Double-cross-pheonix-down. Kill him, mercilessly, and then when the endless cycles are stopped, we can bring him back right. And show him there is so much more to the world then a prison.
And then we will realize that we never took the sidequest.

Yaos' appearance was part of the Random Event Table (which I jokingly called the Random Subplot Table to Derm once), but meeting her was such an outrageously small chance I didn't think it was going to happen.
Isn't Yaos a guy?

I always pronounced Yaos "yay-ohs" and Riltia "ril-tee-uh." Other than that yeah, pretty much.
That's how I'd imagined it. Yaos rhyming with Chaos.

Wait, Proxxy knows everything about the level, right?

She knows where all the loot is then and how to avoid her (possibly ex)minions. Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking?
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: August 11, 2013, 08:46:54 am »

I always pronounced it Ritalia cause I can't read.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: August 11, 2013, 08:56:12 am »

I thought it was Rilitia for the longest time. Never noticing that there was no extra i.

A quick search of 'rilitia' shows quite a few of my older posts

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: August 11, 2013, 08:59:37 am »

I thought it was Rilitia for the longest time. Never noticing that there was no extra i.
Heh, same here. The first time I saw the proper pronunciation I thought it was a typo, but then it was used in the next post... and the one after that... and when I scrolled up there was the same pronunciation, and then I thought the unverse was getting retconned around me. It's an unpleasant feeling.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: August 11, 2013, 09:24:09 am »

Congratulations FFS for having achieved your goal!

About inventory management:

As it is a tedious work to do, and one that isn't one of the most necessary ones, maybe you could change the storage image for a list, or an hyperlink list, instead of having to do a new image each time we shuffle things inside or outside of it. It wouldn't really afect the quality of your work at all, and most of us wouldn't really care about that change. It would be even more practical, as you can see the menus of the things in storage.

What should we do with Proxxy:

Go around and find and kill the searchbots, so that we can show her that we can be allies and make her trust us.
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 1544