Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741269 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Underwater segments now in 3D!
« Reply #8445 on: August 17, 2013, 03:55:19 pm »

*Ignores currently pointless conversation*

Yeah, take air, grab hard had hat to store more air, then head west

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: August 17, 2013, 03:56:50 pm »

But speculating on the nature of the Warrens is fun!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: August 17, 2013, 04:01:39 pm »

As long as it doesn't turn personal, I'm fine with it. Speculation is one of the things that has kept this game alive for so much time. I just meant that there is not enough information to discuss that subject now.

Damn FFS for making plot information cost 200 currency.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: August 17, 2013, 04:02:46 pm »

Ohai megaman style boss room
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: August 17, 2013, 04:04:12 pm »

As long as it doesn't turn personal, I'm fine with it. Speculation is one of the things that has kept this game alive for so much time. I just meant that there is not enough information to discuss that subject now.
OH YEAH?!?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: August 17, 2013, 04:08:23 pm »

Underside was just a series of vents that connect different parts of the Warrens to the Others. Not truly part of the Warrens, but part of it's infrastructure. Being infrastructure, probably has a definite top/bottom.
The DL's are probably located at random points of the vents; only connected via vents/portals(possibly even teleporting to increase randomness) Meaning it would be impossible to know which one is at the top/bottom. SubDL's are most likely older parts of the dungeon, which have been repurposed into infrastructure.
If that's the case, why are there people in the Underside? And, for that matter, where is everything?
1:Proxxy has a heart and decides to throw intruders into the vent system rather then purging them from the system.
2:Everything is located among the vent systems. How else would the randomly teleporting DungeonLevels get any oxygen? Or simply floating around in empty Voidstuff.
Well, this brings up another few questions:
1. Why do the life-support systems of the Warrens include enough room for people to live in?
2. Where did the materials that the Undersiders turn into coins, items, buildings, etc come from?
3. Why are there people in the Warrens? Other than the minions of the Siblings, I mean.
Why is there a dungeon in a max security magical prison?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: August 17, 2013, 04:08:37 pm »

OH YEAH?!?
Well, in many forum games, silly things caused arguments that ended with the game locked. I just slightly mistrust some debates...

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: August 17, 2013, 04:10:31 pm »

Underside was just a series of vents that connect different parts of the Warrens to the Others. Not truly part of the Warrens, but part of it's infrastructure. Being infrastructure, probably has a definite top/bottom.
The DL's are probably located at random points of the vents; only connected via vents/portals(possibly even teleporting to increase randomness) Meaning it would be impossible to know which one is at the top/bottom. SubDL's are most likely older parts of the dungeon, which have been repurposed into infrastructure.
If that's the case, why are there people in the Underside? And, for that matter, where is everything?
1:Proxxy has a heart and decides to throw intruders into the vent system rather then purging them from the system.
2:Everything is located among the vent systems. How else would the randomly teleporting DungeonLevels get any oxygen? Or simply floating around in empty Voidstuff.
1. Why do the life-support systems of the Warrens include enough room for people to live in?
2. Where did the materials that the Undersiders turn into coins, items, buildings, etc come from?
3. Why are there people in the Warrens? Other than the minions of the Siblings, I mean.
1.They are just big. Some of the Underside has been carved into from the vents, to make more room.
2.People fall in the Warrens all the time, bringing new stuff with them; whether it be magic or physical items. Also, shopkeeper are vile creatures that have infinite items.
3.Illborn used to be actual people/creatures. The Warrens needs a steady flow of Sapients in order to function and thrive. The actual Dungeon part seems to be meant solely for the adventuring party, and any intruders are either minionized, thrown away into the vents, or killed(Yaos)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: August 17, 2013, 04:11:53 pm »

OH YEAH?!?
Well, in many forum games, silly things caused arguments that ended with the game locked. I just slightly mistrust some debates...

This type of theorycrafting is both fine and encouraged. If it gets personal, just quote the rules on the OP's first spoiler :P

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: August 17, 2013, 04:12:38 pm »

the shopkeepers are actually unique souls, much like yaos, but able to draw their soul charge from the warrens themselves and produce items

heard it here first

THERE WILL BE NO QUALITY DIAL.

BRING BACK THE QUALITY DIAL YOU BASTARD

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: August 17, 2013, 04:17:01 pm »

Why is there a dungeon in a max security magical prison?
The dungeon is the maximum security prison.
Unless you mean Cain's maximum security prison, in which case it's a combination of "Convenience," "Efficiency," and "You got it backwards".

1.They are just big. Some of the Underside has been carved into from the vents, to make more room.
2.People fall in the Warrens all the time, bringing new stuff with them; whether it be magic or physical items. Also, shopkeeper are vile creatures that have infinite items.
3.Illborn used to be actual people/creatures. The Warrens needs a steady flow of Sapients in order to function and thrive. The actual Dungeon part seems to be meant solely for the adventuring party, and any intruders are either minionized, thrown away into the vents, or killed(Yaos)
1. Yes, but why are they that big? If the Underside is carved into the sides, that makes the original vents thicker than most areas of the Warrens. Why do air vents need to be the biggest part of the building--or crawl-throughable at all?
2. Where do the people come from, and how many people bring planks and bricks into a dungeon?
3. Why bring the people there and not just the Illborn?

the shopkeepers are actually unique souls, much like yaos, but able to draw their soul charge from the warrens themselves and produce items

heard it here first
Which doesn't explain why they're running a shop in the Underside.

THERE WILL BE NO QUALITY DIAL.
BRING BACK THE QUALITY DIAL YOU BASTARD
???
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: August 17, 2013, 04:19:26 pm »

Well, now I will get into theorycrafting too:

Who are the shopkeepers? Are they Oric's minions? Or are they independent beings who profit from the cycles?

-If the first, then, as it has already been stated, the idea of the Warrens is to give Ciro the feeling that she is in a game.
-If it is the second, then Oric is spending a fortune to finance the cycles (creating loot and money), which means that Oric was either rich or very good at business before the whole business thing.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: August 17, 2013, 04:20:01 pm »

the quality dial was my favorite mechanic alright

also the irony of calling for its return by breaking one of the rules mentioned in the same spoiler was too delicious to avoid

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: August 17, 2013, 04:25:52 pm »

Who are the shopkeepers? Are they Oric's minions? Or are they independent beings who profit from the cycles?

-If the first, then, as it has already been stated, the idea of the Warrens is to give Ciro the feeling that she is in a game.
-If it is the second, then Oric is spending a fortune to finance the cycles (creating loot and money), which means that Oric was either rich or very good at business before the whole business thing.
As far as I can tell, it's the second. Why would they give such nonuniform prices if they were all under a single leader?
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: August 17, 2013, 04:46:25 pm »

As far as I can tell, it's the second. Why would they give such nonuniform prices if they were all under a single leader?
They still have to compete for the admiration of their great Leader.

1. Yes, but why are they that big? If the Underside is carved into the sides, that makes the original vents thicker than most areas of the Warrens. Why do air vents need to be the biggest part of the building--or crawl-throughable at all?
2. Where do the people come from, and how many people bring planks and bricks into a dungeon?
3. Why bring the people there and not just the Illborn?
1.Who said it only transports air from one place to the other? We have seen small armies of searchbots in the vents adjacent to the Underside.
2.They fall into the Warrens. Don't forget that people who can actually their Stars before they run out of charge able to accomplish feats of varying greatness.
3.Proxxy is obviously Anti-discriminatory
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 1544