Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695383 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Dungeon Crawl
« Reply #1771 on: March 10, 2013, 08:14:52 pm »

If we don't suffer ill effects from stabbing guys with our blood then reabsorbing that, I hardly think age will do anything either.

Magic!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 10, 2013, 08:18:21 pm »

If we don't suffer ill effects from stabbing guys with our blood then reabsorbing that, I hardly think age will do anything either.

Magic!

We might have reduced our life expectancy 15 years.

Medicine!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: March 10, 2013, 08:22:12 pm »

Magic!
We might have reduced our life expectancy 15 years.

Medicine!
We might not live long enough to find out.

Adventuring!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 10, 2013, 08:24:24 pm »

We're trying to con a shopkeeper into giving us infinite gold via repeated self mutilation that turns bodily fluids into weapons so we have the capability to inflict more self mutilation.

Capitalism!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: March 10, 2013, 08:28:39 pm »

Yeah, buy Ciro inventory slot.

Then start looking for some way to make money so we can get Ciro some HP and BLOOD stat increases. (The first so we can use more blood, the second in the hopes of using blood more effectively.)

We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 10, 2013, 08:35:58 pm »

We're trying to con a shopkeeper into giving us infinite gold via repeated self mutilation that turns bodily fluids into weapons so we have the capability to inflict more self mutilation.

Capitalism!

It would be much simpler to stab everybody and take their stuff.

Occam's Razor!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 10, 2013, 08:40:38 pm »

Capitalism!
It's not a con--the shopkeep gets neat red stuff. Unless, of course, we're going with your original plan, which is a con (and sorta dumb).

Capitalism!
Occam's Razor!
Actually, it would be safer and simpler to use my blood-manufacturing infinite-loop than to find monsters, kill them, and hope their pocket change can pay our debts.
Intelligence!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 10, 2013, 08:40:56 pm »

Capitalism!

Occam's Razor!
But if that would make us Chaotic Evil and we're obviously Chaotic good.

Alignments!
So how are you today?

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 10, 2013, 08:44:59 pm »

Capitalism!

You mean 'infinite stream rubies.'  8)

Nitpicking!

(Please don't kill me, Derm. I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 10, 2013, 08:50:43 pm »

Few problems with what I'm seeing.

1) We don't even know if we can sell the blood items. My bet? We can't, they're probably "soul bound" or something.

2) Ripping off one merchant would probably piss off all of them. They all look the same, so they are all probably connected in some way. And in most games I've seen, ripping off the guy who sells you stuff, who is present on every level of the dungeon or wherever you are, who no one knows about, is always a terrible idea. They're always stronger than the final boss. Or they are the final boss. Or the final final boss.

3) Sell the blood items permanently might not make enough to even warrant the idea of selling them for health boosts.

Other than that, there is never a bad time to buy more inventory slots. Unless we find a dead guy, in which case quantum inventory stockpiling!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 10, 2013, 09:20:09 pm »

Few problems with what I'm seeing.
I'll see if I can assuage them.

1) We don't even know if we can sell the blood items. My bet? We can't, they're probably "soul bound" or something.
Only one way to find out, no?

2) Ripping off one merchant would probably piss off all of them. They all look the same, so they are all probably connected in some way. And in most games I've seen, ripping off the guy who sells you stuff, who is present on every level of the dungeon or wherever you are, who no one knows about, is always a terrible idea. They're always stronger than the final boss. Or they are the final boss. Or the final final boss.
Or they just have access to awesome gear.
Which is, incidentally, why I'm suggesting we do this fairly. No dissolving the blood weapons after selling them, for instance.

3) Sell the blood items permanently might not make enough to even warrant the idea of selling them for health boosts.
That's why we get the costs first...

Other than that, there is never a bad time to buy more inventory slots. Unless we find a dead guy, in which case quantum inventory stockpiling!
I'd like to try this first, if it works. Once we get a good stockpile of stream rubies from it (or if my plan won't work), then yes.
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 10, 2013, 09:34:48 pm »

((I LIED, QUICK SURPRISE UPDATE))

The pink female looking shopkeeper has 'SELL' under her/him/it. Shouldn't we try to sell stuff to that one?

Check the pink shopkeeper's menu.
Ask about selling blood stuff and consider using the neat Blood Stuff->Gold->Max HP/SP->Blood Stuff loop.
How about we do my plan multiple times and then do your plan with a vast starting pool?

You present your nasty bloodstuff to the shopkeeper above the Sell mat. He/she takes a few steps backward.

We got 30.

>Buy inventory slot for Ciro.
+1

You exchange 20 Pence for one Inventory Slot and immediately apply it to yourself.

Inquire as to what "saving" does.
Don't forget to save your game!

Also check the shop.
Dont forget to bottle the fountain water!

Riltia's Wispform powerup wears off, but her Float enchantment stays. You hit the Save Point while she bottles some SP-restoring fountain water.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:41:17 pm by freeformschooler »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: March 10, 2013, 09:39:04 pm »

Ten pence a inventory slot? Oh boy, buy more! I'm aware they're twenty.

Figured as much. Should we bother with tips, or keep on trucking with the school of hard knocks? I don't see much harm in trying one out, but it could be really useless. We could at least get the tip log though, we might be able to do other stuff with that. Maybe.

Talk to the arena guards, see what they do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 10, 2013, 09:40:15 pm »

Check with the shopkeep to see if he'll buy the blood weapons.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 1544