Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3742923 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Slog is the new Cool Crab
« Reply #2055 on: March 17, 2013, 10:16:54 am »

No.
A gun would require us to fire blood bullets which would rapidly drain our health I suspect.
Gwrbgh
Wasn't one idea given to mod in sacrifice enough? :-/
IDEAS FOR THE IDEAS GOD
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GUN
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL DERM
PLEAS FOR THE PLEASE STOP. Otherwise it's just an 'e'.
WHAT FOR THE SRSLY WHAT
Don't be silly, it's "X for the X Y" not "X for the Y X."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Together Again
« Reply #2056 on: March 17, 2013, 12:58:33 pm »

(Common Sense: 7) Riltia feels something new in pockets.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I guess 7 isn’t quite enough common sense. Check the other side of the envelope, goddamnit.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 17, 2013, 03:17:10 pm »

What would happen if we statunaniganed* with a bloodshaped item?

*"Statunanigan" is a portmanteau of "statue" and "shenanigan," of course.
We wouldn't be able to absorb it back and would thus lose maximum HP, presumably. The prospects of getting a bloodbonded ally are interesting, but I'm not sure they're worth that. Assuming that is what we get, of course; there's no guarantee it'll spawn another recruitable target from an ignorable assassination quest.

If we tried something like the headband where it wasn't enough to reduce our MHP, I'm thinking it wouldn't be any different from regular old blood, that is, a blood-themed target assuming all the assumptions.

...Can we please just do that side-quest? Its simple. Go to the arena, cast levitate on us and everyone around us until we get it completed, taking sips from the fountain until finished. Its free cash! Other than that...
Fine, yes, we can cheese the quest for free money. Assuming it'll let us and the fountain doesn't run out or other such annoyances.

Also was the quest for spells specifically or do abilities count? Is there even a difference?

I guess 7 isn’t quite enough common sense. Check the other side of the envelope, goddamnit.
Oh, wait. Theory: The letter is for whoever opens it. Possibly a bad theory, but ffs did say he built the game around the players...

Hence, have Ciro open the love letter. MC Harem gogogogo.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:18:59 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: March 17, 2013, 03:35:49 pm »

Why can't we just, I dunno... Bloodshape a robot?
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 17, 2013, 03:47:05 pm »

Why can't we just, I dunno... Bloodshape a robot?
Good question. The two most obvious answers are that we're not sure if bloodshaping can be that complex or make something that can act under its own power, and that if it can it'd probably reduce us to a 1 HP wonder, if that.

Plus, we're not entirely sure if you can absorb things that have been killed/destroyed. I would assume so in at least most cases, but that'd be a reeeeeaally bad way to find out.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: March 17, 2013, 03:48:24 pm »

Oh, wait. Theory: The letter is for whoever opens it. Possibly a bad theory, but ffs did say he built the game around the players...

Hence, have Ciro open the love letter. MC Harem gogogogo.
I would agree with your action if luck wasn’t an actual modifier in this game, but, since it is, there really is a non-negligible possibility that it’s “unlucky” to open a love letter that isn’t for you.

If the name of the recipient isn’t on the front of the envelope where she should check for it, then we’ll need to get someone expendable to open the thing, as we’ll never know who should open it if we never open it and the envelope doesn’t say—unless we ask everyone we ever meet, but my curiosity is greater than my patience.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 17, 2013, 03:48:50 pm »

i wonder - do you think we can have negative MHP? That way, we can never be reduced to 0 HP
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 17, 2013, 03:51:09 pm »

+1 to checking the envelope without opening it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: March 17, 2013, 03:54:18 pm »

I would agree with your action if luck wasn’t an actual modifier in this game, but, since it is, there really is a non-negligible possibility that it’s “unlucky” to open a love letter that isn’t for you.

If the name of the recipient isn’t on the front of the envelope where she should check for it, then we’ll need to get someone expendable to open the thing, as we’ll never know who should open it if we never open it and the envelope doesn’t say—unless we ask everyone we ever meet, but my curiosity is greater than my patience.
I agree on at least checking the front first, but I'm not massively worried about it permanently reducing our luck stat or something, and anything else is just the price of adventuring. I disagree completely on having someone expendable open it, both because we don't have anyone completely expendable and because what if it really is meant for whoever opens it? We could start a romantic subplot on someone who was going to die in a pit of smoldering spikes pretty soon.

i wonder - do you think we can have negative MHP? That way, we can never be reduced to 0 HP
White mages would be terrifying, though (until we spent more than could ever be healed), and depending on how they were worded instakill/disable/very-near-one-shots could be too.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 17, 2013, 03:56:33 pm »

I vote we test this as soon as we find a way to bloodshape on someone else.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 17, 2013, 04:01:20 pm »

I was just joking. ffs is pretty silly, but I don't think he's as silly or the kind of silly we'd need to let us pull that level of Rules As Written cheese. Not that it's actually written anywhere that you die at exactly 0 hp, and in fact I'm pretty sure we've seen people take more than their current hp in damage.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 17, 2013, 04:02:59 pm »

Dangerous, but if it works...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 17, 2013, 04:07:43 pm »

At negative HP, logically, you'd be undead.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 17, 2013, 04:13:31 pm »

I've been a Bay12er too long--I was actually trying to figure out if that was encouragement or discouragement...
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 17, 2013, 04:25:26 pm »

I've been a Bay12er too long--I was actually trying to figure out if that was encouragement or discouragement...
I still don't know.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1544