Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741174 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Slog is the new Cool Crab
« Reply #2070 on: March 17, 2013, 04:28:13 pm »

Not that it's actually written anywhere that you die at exactly 0 hp, and in fact I'm pretty sure we've seen people take more than their current hp in damage.
In this case they pass through 0. However in lowering our MHP, we lose it all in one go, and can't theoretically recover it. if we focused it all into a single being, then if we died, we'd still have become a blood elemental.
  Note: I take no responsibility for any consequences of said actions
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: March 17, 2013, 04:29:33 pm »

Perhaps we should store the book for later and get her a sword or something?
Buy a Spear for Ritalia.

Riltia buys a basic Shortsword with 20 Rubies. She gives you back the Ring of Sexiness you asked her to hold earlier to free up some space. You now have 10 Stream Rubies.

Fine, yes, we can cheese the quest for free money. Assuming it'll let us and the fountain doesn't run out or other such annoyances.

Also was the quest for spells specifically or do abilities count? Is there even a difference?

You decide you're done here for now. Maaaaybe return later when you have a little more dough to blow.

You find yourselves back in the dungeon proper. It's too bad you couldn't get those extra Sidequest Rubies, though. Hmm, wait a minute...

(Windirection: 5) You try to float Guard #2, but you direct the wind in the wrong way and send him flying backwards. Okay, maybe doing that nine times in a row isn't going to work.

+1 to checking the envelope without opening it.

(Common Sense: 10) Genius! Riltia checks the back of the envelope, and-

...Oh.

What we do is, do the Mettaur fight, use the helmet on the statue, then murder/become bffsies with whatever that makes.

Because why not.
So put the hobo down for the statue!
Nah, I say the ladder, for maximum glitches fun.

The statue turns black, vibrates and then crumbles into a heap of ash in the water.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: March 17, 2013, 04:37:22 pm »

Head left
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: March 17, 2013, 04:40:07 pm »

Read the damn letter!?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: March 17, 2013, 04:41:25 pm »

Desecrate the sacred pool
It's FEF, not FEOF

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: March 17, 2013, 04:41:57 pm »

Read the damn letter!?
Derm, it's not for either of them. -1 Bad luck is bad.

Also, Riltia is awesome. She didn't lose her cool when it turns out she was the target of a quest.

Go back to first statue and taunt it.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: March 17, 2013, 04:44:58 pm »

It would have been a tie, but Irony downvoted the buying a spear idea.
I- what- damn it. I meant to downvote the notion of buying things without looking at everything in general.

Oh well.

Also doubledamnit on that statue. Possibly tripledamnit because in theory we might have been able to get our reward before she was revived, not that anyone alive at the time knew about that.

Finally, Riltia woke up from New Riltia Form with a loveletter to Cherish. This raises all kinds of questions.

Stash love letter and spellbook, buy refresh potion from arena-side vendor (do not drink yet? the goombas only did 1 dmg at a time, meaning we might be able to finagle an extra HP out of saving it... if anyone else thinks it's worth the risk), drink from fountain until at max SP, do Lost Souls arena battle.

Read the damn letter!?
I'm forced to disagree now that we know it's not for us. Well, alright I'm very curious, but that'd still just be rude. :I

I still laugh in the face of bad luck, however.

Also, Riltia is awesome. She didn't lose her cool when it turns out she was the target of a quest.
That part actually seemed a little ominous to me. "Everyone keeps secrets" in response to that? I dunno man. I get the feeling this is foreshadowing for some major biting us in the ass later on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: March 17, 2013, 04:46:30 pm »

Veto on reading love letter.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: March 17, 2013, 04:53:12 pm »

Read the damn letter!?
I'm forced to disagree now that we know it's not for us. Well, alright I'm very curious, but that'd still just be rude. :I

I still laugh in the face of bad luck, however.
-1 to reading the damn letter. We will probably want to find Cherish eventually, so we should give it to her then.

That part actually seemed a little ominous to me. "Everyone keeps secrets" in response to that? I dunno man. I get the feeling this is foreshadowing for some major biting us in the ass later on.
Isn’t Ciro the target? Rilita’s comment and the statue’s warning make sense if Rilita is supposed to kill Ciro.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: March 17, 2013, 04:56:25 pm »

Not to mention that whole 'If you do not slay her, she will slay you' thing.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: March 17, 2013, 05:02:42 pm »

Wait I thought it meant the letter was FROM cherish.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: March 17, 2013, 05:04:54 pm »

Uh...the statue specified Riltia didn't it?

And +1 to finding Cherish...

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: March 17, 2013, 05:20:00 pm »

Argue with that damned statue.

Yeah Riltia died in a way that was our fault. Seeing as she wouldn't have if she didn't come with us. Sorry about that by the way Riltia... But regardless, she died. And came back. Are you saying that she didn't die? Because by that logic, there is no resurrection, only "getting better" from death. We slew her, thank you very much, and she has no intention of slaying us. What happens to her after that death is none of your business. We happen to be her friend so we brought her back because the "slaying" was not what we wanted to happen! The fact that it did doesn't change at all. She died, just like you asked. You can't go back on your side of the deal.

((Game constructs must be lawful or else the rules don't matter. By assigning the quest, that statue is obligated to reward us. The unaccounted for technicality by which our best friend still lives was not at all prohibited by the initial deal, so we did as it asked! Therefore, if this doesn't work, we'll know that this isn't a simple AI type thing we're dealing with but either a sentient intelligence in the statue or someone controlling it.))
Dendritic.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: March 17, 2013, 05:25:12 pm »

Wait, weren't we DEAD long before riltia drowned in a pool of acid?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: March 17, 2013, 05:30:26 pm »

GUYS THE STATUE IS ASH NOW.

Lets just go explore.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 1544