Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3742146 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Slog is the new Cool Crab
« Reply #2160 on: March 20, 2013, 04:12:19 pm »

Odd colored stands with + and - on either side of their tops rest in different areas on the grid.
This is a key observation that everyone seems to be missing. Maybe I’m reading the replies wrong, but they seem to think we have positive pawns and negative pawns. They all have positive and negative symbols—half the symbols are facing away from our view.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: March 20, 2013, 04:15:13 pm »

Oh boy... This might be a Twisting puzzle.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: March 20, 2013, 04:31:21 pm »

((Everyone's overthinking this. There isn't a clear solution to the puzzle because you haven't yet found a clear solution to the puzzle. I wouldn't ever make a puzzle that required everyone to swap things around via trial and error for 5 days without any logic to it whatsoever. That said, you're on the right track, and update coming later.))
((Wait a minute. WAAAAAAAIIIIIT A MINUTE, are you the one who-

...damn it, can't find it. Someone said somewhere that they would actually sometimes invent puzzles without solutions, figuring that their players kept coming up with solutions they hadn't thought of already, so why not cut out the middleman?))

Odd colored stands with + and - on either side of their tops rest in different areas on the grid.
This is a key observation that everyone seems to be missing. Maybe I’m reading the replies wrong, but they seem to think we have positive pawns and negative pawns. They all have positive and negative symbols—half the symbols are facing away from our view.
...whoa. That does seem closer to "there's a + on one side and a - on the other" than "there's a + on each side or a - on each side."

...in which case, maybe we just need to push each pawn against the wall facing its + side? That should be, like, the third thing we try.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: March 20, 2013, 04:34:11 pm »

No, thats just the side facing the fourth wall.

Obviously there are times and divide symbols on the horizontal axis.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: March 20, 2013, 04:35:18 pm »

((Everyone's overthinking this. There isn't a clear solution to the puzzle because you haven't yet found a clear solution to the puzzle. I wouldn't ever make a puzzle that required everyone to swap things around via trial and error for 5 days without any logic to it whatsoever. That said, you're on the right track, and update coming later.))
((Wait a minute. WAAAAAAAIIIIIT A MINUTE, are you the one who-

...damn it, can't find it. Someone said somewhere that they would actually sometimes invent puzzles without solutions, figuring that their players kept coming up with solutions they hadn't thought of already, so why not cut out the middleman?))
freeformschooler, after throwing someone in the acid and before monster appeared.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: March 20, 2013, 09:08:26 pm »

Simpler than we think? Pawns capture diagonally, so let's pick one to move and take the rest with it. That's all I got.
Dendritic.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: March 20, 2013, 09:14:30 pm »

Simpler than we think? Pawns capture diagonally, so let's pick one to move and take the rest with it. That's all I got.
Considered that already. Setup isn't right for them, and ffs seemed to imply that it was simpler than we were pondering.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: March 20, 2013, 09:15:18 pm »

Bah humbug.

In any case, even if it doesn't have to be a puzzle, it's likely we'll get some loot if we solve it anyway.

Push red one down.
How about...push the pink pawn west? That seems simple from our current spot.

You push the pink one west and have Riltia push the red one down. That seems simple enough.

Nothing happens, though.

What was it mom always told me...?

Oh yeah! It was "Always let Mercenaries solve puzzles!" What else are we paying them for?

Set Slog at puzzle. (I always wanted to see Satan soil himself laughing...)
+1
+1

You set slog on the puzzle. He pushes the blue pawn north. Something begins to happens between the two adjacent negatively charged pawns...

A loud bang is heard, and a force repels you backward as a large metallic being is summoned into the room.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: March 20, 2013, 09:19:42 pm »

._.   Uh...   Use Aeroblast?

Also seems that Ciro's status has been confirmed.
It's FEF, not FEOF

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: March 20, 2013, 09:20:23 pm »

._.   Uh...   Use Aeroblast?

Also seems that Ciro's status has been confirmed.

You don't have enough SP to use that (5 sp). Quaff SP potion first?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: March 20, 2013, 09:21:11 pm »

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG!

I'm still not sure if this is good or bad.

Riltia: Tank that ho!
Ciro: Hide behind Riltia until we discern its abilities.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: March 20, 2013, 09:21:28 pm »

"Uh... Hi? Sorry we moved your things. I'm Ciro by the way, did we do something wrong?"

((Seriously, it seems sentient, so I doubt it'd attack while we innocently ask who it is.))
Dendritic.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: March 20, 2013, 09:22:33 pm »

"Uh... Hi? Sorry we moved your things. I'm Ciro by the way, did we do something wrong?"

Talking, because we may just ally with Proxxy and Cherish.
Ooh. That boss screen made me totally forget about talking to things.

+1 to diplomacy first.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: March 20, 2013, 09:24:47 pm »

Riltia and Ciro: Try to convince assistant of Proxxy to change Proxxy's ideas about what to do with them
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: March 20, 2013, 09:27:18 pm »

Riltia and Ciro: Try to convince assistant of Proxxy to change Proxxy's ideas about what to do with them

Uh, what? Who is Proxxy and why talk to their assistant? That hardly seems relevant...

(Written from Ciro's viewpoint as a reminder that the characters don't know all that we do.)
Dendritic.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 1544