Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696280 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Slog is the new Cool Crab
« Reply #2235 on: March 21, 2013, 05:42:18 pm »

It seems people really want Slog to be that lovably bumbling party member that is clueless but still somehow effective, but it’s just not happening.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: March 21, 2013, 05:44:51 pm »

Do you honestly think our half brain dead pet slime is going to hand over his food though? I'm playing for the inevitability that he wants to actually eat his meal he got as payment. Maybe I'm keeping too in character with him though. Regardless, you can't stay mad at him! He doesn't need to be effective to be lovably bumbling.
Dendritic.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: March 21, 2013, 05:56:07 pm »

Yeah well. IM NOT AFRAID TO DISCIPLINE SLOG.

But seriously, his bumbling isn't lovable, its deadly annoying. And really I think that we should use everything that we have to the best of our abilitys at the moment, even if that means that we have to take the mushroom and use it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: March 21, 2013, 06:12:18 pm »

Whatever. Give him a chance, I think he has a good chance of shenanigans at this point, being the useless joke of a character. I always support possible shenanigans.
Dendritic.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: March 21, 2013, 06:21:03 pm »

Cool crab would beat Slog up in a fight.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: March 21, 2013, 06:26:01 pm »

Cool crab is too cool to do that.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: March 21, 2013, 07:41:06 pm »

If Polaris is as tough as the drones, or likely tougher, we need to be better at combat than we are to stand a chance. Instead, let's try an environment-abuse strategy for now.

Riltia: Move behind Polaris. Set up Pink Minus Pawn behind Polaris.
Slog: Move between Polaris and Ciro to take up 'provide defensive benefit to Ciro' duties. Distract Polaris with pretty lights.
Ciro: Push Purple Minus Pawn towards Polaris.
Slog: Get out of the way.
Riltia and Ciro: Execute Dual Tech: Negative Sandwich! (Push Minus Pawns into Polaris from both sides until he completes the circuit, electrocuting him.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:43:36 pm by Cerol Lenslens »
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: March 21, 2013, 08:33:46 pm »

If Polaris is as tough as the drones, or likely tougher, we need to be better at combat than we are to stand a chance. Instead, let's try an environment-abuse strategy for now.

Riltia: Move behind Polaris. Set up Pink Minus Pawn behind Polaris.
Slog: Move between Polaris and Ciro to take up 'provide defensive benefit to Ciro' duties. Distract Polaris with pretty lights.
Ciro: Push Purple Minus Pawn towards Polaris.
Slog: Get out of the way.
Riltia and Ciro: Execute Dual Tech: Negative Sandwich! (Push Minus Pawns into Polaris from both sides until he completes the circuit, electrocuting him.)

We don't know that these actually have charge, it may have been a puzzle mechanic. In addition, some one based upon the poles of electromagnetism is likely to resist elec.
Dendritic.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: March 21, 2013, 08:39:33 pm »

Slog has just wasted SP throughout the fight and has generally been porky in earthbound levels of usefulness.

Now that's just harsh.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 21, 2013, 08:49:16 pm »

Wait a sec let me redo everything.

Slog: Feed mushroom to ciro, get into a position to take a hit or two.
Slog: It's your slime to shine! Eat that delicious meal and charge Polaris. Show him what slimes goo to monsters that attack their friends.

(Riltia will not eat Slog! He's the main character!)
I'm playing for the inevitability that he wants to actually eat his meal he got as payment. Maybe I'm keeping too in character with him though
Maybe I'm keeping too in character with him though
in character

Slog has a brief moment of sentience. All his life he has wanted nothing more than a delicious meal. Even though he loves his new masters, he has been hungry for a long time. He has waited for this mushroom for a very long time.

Decades ago when he was but a tiny Tykeblob orphaned on the hard streets of Bloopityblop, Slog begged for days on end with his pitiful lazy eye(s). "Will blorble adorably," the sign said. "For food," it said. Slog took what he could get. Sometimes a fraction of a ration of Cave Bat mash would be all he'd get for a week. Slog wondered every day if he could do something, anything, to climb out of the gourmetless pit he'd fallen into so long ago.

One day, slog went against his better judgement. It was so simple: a heavy, leathery bag on a stick carried by a lonesome traveler. His orphan-senses picked up the deliciosity hidden away inside. All he had to do was slowly slide up the stranger's back, climb inside the pack and feast. First the legs, then the shirt, and Slog was on the wanderer's sack-stick before he could say blorble. He was just moments away from the amazing meal kept inside. What would it taste like, Slog wondered silently? Like Dragon Jelly? Like Hammerhead Head? Like CHICKEN?

Slog tried to slide forward, but something slid him back. With every push up, an unseen force pushed down. Slog cried out, but there was no answer except the howling wind from a distant pack of evening windwolves. Slog looked down, terrified he might see the stranger's face and find it to be a young boy or girl, maybe as hungry as him. To his utter horror, he saw white lightning crackling over a dark blue sphere, a hole opening into infinity, into eternity below and came face to face the force pulling him down:

Gravity.

Slog was off the traveler's sack. Slog was off the traveler. Slog was off everything he knew, falling through a crackling void without end. He felt a wincing pain in his center: a small, all-present hand pulling something precious, something important out from him. A brief light shone in front of him. It was beautiful, simplistic. It was Slog. It was everything Slog was! Every emotion he'd ever felt, every blorb he'd ever orbled, every adolescent Red Slime to ever turn him down. Slog smiled for a second, and it was gone.

Slog was in the New Place. This was his punishment, trapped in-

Oh, wait, sorry. This was supposed to be a combat update, wasn't it? Um. Carry on, then.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:54:02 pm by freeformschooler »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: March 21, 2013, 08:53:20 pm »

D'AWWWWWW
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: March 21, 2013, 08:58:02 pm »

TO THE WMG Thread!
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 21, 2013, 08:59:43 pm »

Carry on being ablorbleable.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 21, 2013, 09:02:50 pm »

YES. Slog world building!

The poor glob needs that meal you horrible monsters! If we take what he's just now finally gained, what are we? He has finally reached the first goal of his poor sad life, and you want to take that from him? He's just now gained some semblance of a grasp on his life. Sure, he may not be the strongest slime, but he deserves this. He deserves to have that tiny bit of his identity. Do it for the poor hungry slime.

Slog: You needn't be hungry anymore; eat the mushroom, save your your new friends.
Dendritic.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 21, 2013, 09:23:29 pm »

Eat the motherfuckin’ mushroom. Save the motherfuckin’ day.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 1544