Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695450 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Slog is the new Cool Crab
« Reply #2295 on: March 22, 2013, 06:49:18 pm »

You are this guy and/or girl. You have traveled for some time from your land, the Kingdom of Haria, to the dungeon you now stand in: the Warrens of Oric the Awesome. You do not know who Oric the Awesome is, but if he's so awesome, he probably has awesome loot, too.
Uhh... I'm worried. The FP makes it sound like we're the villain. The looter. A thief.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: March 22, 2013, 08:06:20 pm »

You are this guy and/or girl. You have traveled for some time from your land, the Kingdom of Haria, to the dungeon you now stand in: the Warrens of Oric the Awesome. You do not know who Oric the Awesome is, but if he's so awesome, he probably has awesome loot, too.
Uhh... I'm worried. The FP makes it sound like we're the villain. The looter. A thief.
Just like all heroes, Ciro is a villain from the right point of view.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: March 22, 2013, 08:21:16 pm »

If we really are on a spaceship, that must mean that the Kingdom of Haria is around here somewhere. It never did say how far he traveled.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: March 22, 2013, 08:22:35 pm »

The dungeon is almost certainly under a rock in the public gardens in the capital.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: March 22, 2013, 08:25:20 pm »

If we really are on a spaceship, that must mean that the Kingdom of Haria is around here somewhere. It never did say how far he traveled.
Indeed. It's probably on a planet somewhere. Or maybe it's another spaceship.

...Which gets my creative juices flowing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: March 22, 2013, 09:25:47 pm »

What. Is. This.
I just finished reading this marathon style.
MUST HAVE MOAR!!!!x∞

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: March 22, 2013, 09:38:13 pm »

Tipkeeper, page 122. I thought it sounded familiar.
To be honest though, if that sort of question (regarding slog's critical massacre trait) is for her, how is it a tip? That seems more like an innate ability than anything. How would we even ask her? "Hey did this guy have this ability since forever and we just didn't know?"
It just seems out of place paying for knowledge of a simplistic perk you had the whole time. I think that ought to be in some sort of character summary, speaking of which we should check if the picture, name, and class slots in our inventory can be interacted with. I don't believe we ever tried.

Dendritic.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: March 22, 2013, 09:40:42 pm »

((It's more tips like, hey, can Mercenaries actually gain abilities in some way even though the sign said no? Or, what WERE those tags on the item there? What are some common status effects etc etc etc. I have a whole document, it's a totally optional part of the game.

I'm very sad that I can't find the cord for my tablet, so even though the update is going up, the last several have been mouse only which IMO lowers the quality a little :( ))

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: March 22, 2013, 09:42:54 pm »

Oh, well in regards to gaining abilities, am I onto something with those inventory areas? I can't imagine passives and such aren't listed somewhere.
Dendritic.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: March 22, 2013, 10:08:15 pm »

I'm very sad that I can't find the cord for my tablet, so even though the update is going up, the last several have been mouse only which IMO lowers the quality a little :( ))
lowers the quality a little
a little

That's like saying "Watch me snipe this zombie in the head. In fact, let me throw a brick at it instead, the brick will  be only slightly less accurate." Then you nail it between the eyes and drop the zombie like a bag of bricks as everyone stares in awe at your zombie-killing talent.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: March 22, 2013, 10:14:03 pm »

I'm think Slog should eat the mushroom.
It is technically his, after all.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: March 22, 2013, 11:52:32 pm »

I'm surprised people forgot the tipkeeper. Then again, we didn't do anything with her, so eh.

On the Slog Debate: I honestly don't care. I doubt Slog would appreciate us taking his mushroom, specially if we eat it and he doesn't. I doubt getting someone mad at us, who is suppose to watch our back, is a wise thing to do. You're potentially angering something, as well as trusting in it to not put a knife in your back, so to speak. Sure, probably not to that degree however, specially not with Slog, but we should be careful about such things in the future. I kind of doubt the "they can't hurt you even if they want to" part of the sign, as even if it is true there is a lot of loopholes. Inaction can just be as bad as trying to harm us, is all I have to say. A lot of bad things can happen just by having someone sit around and watch instead of doing something.

Just have Slog melee it or something, there isn't a reason he needs to cast Frizz all the time. Sure, he probably won't be able to do much, but if he can at least distract him, that is good enough to put the Death-o-Meter on "Not quite Horribly Maimed, yet" setting.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:44:46 am by Xanmyral »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: March 23, 2013, 12:29:09 am »

I just spent like five hours reading this in one sitting.  Well done FFS. PTW.

Also, let Slog have his damn mushroom you heartless bastards.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: March 23, 2013, 02:26:19 am »

page 122
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((It's more tips like, hey, can Mercenaries actually gain abilities in some way even though the sign said no? Or, what WERE those tags on the item there? What are some common status effects etc etc etc. I have a whole document, it's a totally optional part of the game.
And why should we trust the tipkeeper? He sounds like exactly the kind of thing a just and benevolent mod would use to screw over his players.
Those were done by mouse? Holy shit. o_0

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: March 23, 2013, 08:46:16 am »

What is it with those discriminatory things based on posts per page? If anything, those positions should be reversed because of how poor the 50-posters are in pages.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 1544