Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3736086 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Don't Be a Hero.
« Reply #2445 on: March 31, 2013, 01:14:10 pm »

Ciro: Absorb dagger, pick up scanner.

Slog: Grab money again.

Group: Head to save point/merchant area, all inventory slots are full so we gotta shuffle some things around. Again.

Shuffle our truffles around, then go looting. This dungeon crawler is remarkably lacking in the "kill kill, loot loot, sell sell, repeat" formula. To the looting!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: March 31, 2013, 01:58:19 pm »

Well... Damn. ... Well. Oric is in permenant Oversoul, I think, judging by the symbols that appear when he did the magic that made us fall down. We had those exact same symbols when we did stuff while in over soul. Also, all the souls have those arrows around them, yeah? They correspond into a triangle since half are one shade, half are another shade following this pattern.

That, and we have that symbol on our chest as well, although it has other stuff too. Wish I could get a good look at the design on his shirt. Looks like... A radio tower? A tree?

Ciro: Absorb dagger, pick up scanner.

Slog: Grab money again.

Group: Head to save point/merchant area, all inventory slots are full so we gotta shuffle some things around. Again.

You do the Inventory Shuffle and reabsorb your Clot Cutter, replacing it with the Retinal Scanner. Slog happily nabs the money again before heading back east.

You walk all the way to the Market and take some time to get re-acquainted with the services since it's been a little while.

The Shopkeeper reminds you that Stat Points can be used to boost your HP and MP even if you don't have any other Stats. He says he will buy your items from you at the following prices, if you wish. Prices are in Fountain Pence:

Spoiler: Offers (click to show/hide)

The Tipkeeper makes a pretty convincing sell.

The Arena Guard shows Riltia the list of E-rank battles.

Spoiler: E-rank battles (click to show/hide)

(Common Sense: 10) Riltia calls you over to the Save Point for some reason.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: March 31, 2013, 02:01:29 pm »

Well, first off, restore yo SP at the fountain, then hit overwrite.

Then Ciro, make a blood dagger and drop it on the floor, then hit restore.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: March 31, 2013, 02:02:50 pm »

:I

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: March 31, 2013, 02:05:10 pm »

:D
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: March 31, 2013, 02:12:26 pm »

Have a feeling that this works more like a conventional save point. It won't restore just our points, but everything. So lets not bother with it for now.

Anyway... Hm.

A) If we can, test the scanner on the shopkeeper. Might give some insight to getting a discount, or reveal his secret, evil identity.
B) We should buy at least one tip, I think. Just to see what happens. We can always stash the book in storage if it is actually an item, but I doubt such.
C) I agree with everyone drinking from the fountain and overwriting our save.
D) Lets stash the love letter in storage, because seriously, why are we holding onto it? People didn't like holding onto the headband, but that actually did stuff. This letter does us no good. Also, if/when we play as the recipient of the letter she can pick it up at storage and read it herself.
E) We(Ciro) should carry the spell book because we literally have no way to use our mana. Literally no way. None of our abilities use it beyond the maximum of it.
G) Ask the shopkeeper if we can exchange River Rubies for Fountain Pence.

I'm tempted to say we should sell the short sword and have Riltia use the new swanky sword we got, but that sword would be a real pain to use on this floor. Bah, we have little to sell. The sword is nice, but it would be of more use on other floors due to this one being inhabited primarily with energy beings, from what we've seen... Eh.

H) Sell the shortsword, buy another inventory slot.

Should we do another arena thing?

EDIT: Looking at the save, it just saves our current health. What happens if we do Derm's plan and go over our maximum health? Cancer?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:14:41 pm by Xanmyral »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: March 31, 2013, 02:13:42 pm »

Try to sell Slog.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: March 31, 2013, 02:19:32 pm »

Try to sell Slog.

The shopkeeper says he would require YOU to pay HIM to accept Slog. Man, what's he got against Slog? The lil' guy's great!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: March 31, 2013, 02:25:55 pm »

Im against selling the shortsword for Riltia, but lets sell the new sword that we got. 1d8 isn't that much better than 1d6, and it takes up 2 precious inventory slots.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: March 31, 2013, 02:27:58 pm »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: March 31, 2013, 02:36:08 pm »

I personally feel we should just put the new sword in storage in case we need its Electric element for later. Also we should save some odd stuff in case we get another skill tree.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: March 31, 2013, 03:05:46 pm »

I personally feel we should just put the new sword in storage in case we need its Electric element for later. Also we should save some odd stuff in case we get another skill tree.
I'm good with this. +1

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: March 31, 2013, 03:26:23 pm »

I agree, we need to find out how save points work exactly.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: March 31, 2013, 04:43:45 pm »

Okay, right now we've got a bunch of conditionally useful stuff. I think we should store the SP potion, love letter, and sexy ring for right now. Maybe the rubies as well since the shops are back to using pence. I like the 'sell shortsword, buy inventory slot' option. Ciro can bloodshape Riltia a replacement if we don't want to use the Polaris sword due to inventory space. If that's the case, we should store the Polaris sword as well. Give the spellbook to Ciro because Xanmyral's right about her SP being wasted.

Selling Slog's Frizz might be a good idea. It's not rare or unique, so we might be able to come across another, and 25 pence ain't bad. Sure, it means Slog has even less damage output, but he wasn't hitting with it before.

So yeah, Inventory management, followed by save, then bloodshaping Riltia a keyblade and doing the shadow fight.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: March 31, 2013, 05:10:00 pm »

I think we should keep the ring because it gives a whooping +4 or +5 to persuasion and diplomacy. Which we use a lot, to be honest. We've just been getting crappy rolls, but seriously that is the good stuff. We should keep the ring, and use it to try and diplomance things. Or we can store it and just focus on killing things, that works too.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1544