Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3742469 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MEGABATTLE
« Reply #2985 on: April 24, 2013, 10:49:21 pm »

I don't know, which is why I agree the theory is shaky. For all I know, the "you feel a powerful presence" was the intermediate stage, or there isn't one. But I think its more likely than turning into a vampire, or a joke.

I doubt its because of our wounds as well, either we'd already be coughing blood all the time with constant pain instead of a sharp pain that then goes away. We were dead when we were bitten, and it was so long ago that I think we would of seen signs way before then. But even I admit that has more grounding than "its Megaman" or "its the dungeon withdrawal effect."

EDIT: Maybe its overdue effects of our abuse of the saving mechanic to get bonus health and mana?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:51:04 pm by Xanmyral »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: April 24, 2013, 10:52:41 pm »

That actually makes sense. Breaking the universe... Yeah... Not healthy.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: April 24, 2013, 11:03:50 pm »

Maybe Al forgot to empty our inventory when he put us in the pod, and now we have coins embedded in our lungs :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: April 25, 2013, 08:45:06 am »

Calm yourselves.  I can almost FEEL the smug expression FFS must be wearing watching you struggle to figure this stuff out.  Especially if it WAS just a joke.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: April 25, 2013, 12:20:29 pm »

Blue Bomber*: Jump gap and slide kick the bottom Metalax
Ciro:  Back up two and fire Clot Cutter at bottom
Riltia:  Move one right and two down, hope to land safely on feet.  Tank for the hurt squishies.

Riltia moves one space right and tries to move down, but directly beneath her is a solid blue platform! She can't descend it! Mega Man moves two spaces left and flashes green for some reason. How does he do that?

You, meanwhile, move back into Slog's space, directing your Clot Cutter's beam three spaces ahead. Unfortunately, this is not far enough to hit the Met across the spikes!

Slog:  Frizz the bottom
Al:  Advance along top, preparing to flying leap across.**

Al moves three spaces forward and hides behind Riltia, using up his speed for the turn. Meanwhile, Slog casts Frizz three spaces ahead. However, there's no enemy three spaces ahead! It looks like either you or Slog would need a longer-range attack to hit the Mets from here. Hmm... do you have anything like that?

The Mets continue guarding for the turn.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:36:48 pm by freeformschooler »

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: April 25, 2013, 12:46:36 pm »

1) Where do Illborn come from and what do they want?
I wouldn't know. I don't even know what Illborn are anymore, to be honest...
2) Who is the rightful owner of each Soul Star we've seen so far?
The first one we saw (Astral Influx, blue): Ciro, probably, seeing as he got it from a treasure chest. Treasure chest loot is ALWAYS rightfully yours. Oric knew his name as well, somehow, and well, it seems only siblings SHOULD have a Soul Star, so Ciro is either a thief or a sibling.
The yellow one: Proxxy. She admitted that. Also, she's a sibling of Oric, which she ALSO mentioned.
The Green one: Cain, probably. His updates WERE colored green, and he DID mention a soul star. Also possibly a sibling of Oric.
The Red one: (OVERSOUL TIME!) It belongs to the thief, which could be Ciro (The drawing matches that of the thief's logo in cain's intermission). I don't know his/her identity.
The Grey one: It's Riltia's, since we focused on it during oversoul mode to get to her.
3) Why did Ciro have internal bleeding during the Hard Hats arena?
It was her time of the month? It ALWAYS seems to happen on not very convenient times.
4) Why does Oric want the Target dead?
The Target was the original warden of the prison Oric was in. After he recreated the prison, this time he changed the roles. He was the warden, the warden was the prisoner. The warden probably escaped, and now Oric's probably gonna kill him, just to get revenge. This is as far as my brain goes. "Recreate the prison" - Riltia

For those who want the questions:
Code: [Select]
[u]1) Where do Illborn come from and what do they want?[/u]
[u]2) Who is the rightful owner of each Soul Star we've seen so far?[/u]
[u]3) Why did Ciro have internal bleeding during the Hard Hats arena?[/u]
[u]4) Why does Oric want the Target dead?[/u]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:58:10 pm by tomio175 »
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: April 25, 2013, 01:22:00 pm »

4: It's part of the game. A life of dungeon crawling and adventure, but what does he do when he gets too strong? He has nothing left. He could complete every adventure in the multiverse easily. It's all he knows though, he's only ever had adventure, now it's gone. With his nigh-omnipotency, he creates a pocket universe. The Warrens. The Prison. He's letting the situation play out so the target has all the resources to win and is in his place as the explorer. The time the target does succeed the crawl? He'll have a challenge, and that's all he's been looking for.
Dendritic.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: April 25, 2013, 01:38:22 pm »

Ciro: Move 3 forward, then use the clot cutter on the Met.
Al: Initiate Flying Leap.
Slog: Move 3 forward.
Ritalia: Throw Al forward to help with the leap.

((Where is the menu for Grass Knot? I can't find it in the OP.))

EDIT: If the Mets are going to attack, then:
Ciro: Stay, guard Slog.
Slog: Be a good boy, and stay.
Ritalia: Guard Al.
Al: Be prepared to dodge.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:13:36 pm by Chink »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: April 25, 2013, 01:40:05 pm »

((Where is the menu for Grass Knot? I can't find it in the OP.))

((I don't think anyone ever examined its menu, actually.

Also, you can move an initiate an action as usual if you want. No one said that changed.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: April 25, 2013, 01:56:55 pm »

Chink, they're going to attack next turn, I think hunkering down and not dying would be the best idea for now.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: April 25, 2013, 02:01:52 pm »

1) Where do Illborn come from and what do they want?
I'm wiling to bet that the Illborn are those that are naturally generated as part of a dungeon room, like Cool Crab, instead of being generated as part of a quest or coming from the outside. It's also worth noting that Cool Crab is in Section 1-2 of the Illborn exchange, and that we found him on the second floor of the first section of the dungeon.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: April 25, 2013, 02:28:21 pm »

2) Who is the Rightful Owner of each Soul Star We've Seen so Far?

Well, the Green one, The Illborn Exchange HAS to be Cain's, as it's symbol is the only one that is not shown on Cain's Contacts List, therefore, it must be his.

We've already (Pretty Much) established that Ciro is the Target, so that means the Astral Influx is hers.

I BELIEVE we've seen a yellow one, which is Proxxy's, and a Red one, which is Oric's, due to him being the only other sibling we've met in detail, and that the Grey one's Riltia's.

PLUS, I believe the Floe is the woman we saw shooting one of the crab-bot things, who left when we tried to talk to her.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:40:14 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: April 25, 2013, 02:38:08 pm »

Er... Isn't the grey one Riltia's? How did you think we found her by focusing on the grey soul star when we went oversoul?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: April 25, 2013, 03:42:59 pm »

Er... Isn't the grey one Riltia's? How did you think we found her by focusing on the grey soul star when we went oversoul?
Derp, forgot about that.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: April 25, 2013, 04:04:31 pm »

Hm... I will say this though. What was Sparky McGee trying to say when she mentioned that just holding a soul star did something to people. Mayor has been holding onto the Illborn Exchange for quite a while... And is all white and weird. Cherish however is now holding onto two of them at the same time, neither of which belong to her. I'm a little worried as to what this means.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 1544