Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3739791 times)

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MEGABATTLE
« Reply #3015 on: April 26, 2013, 12:15:32 am »

I might as well put SOME effort into helping you solve these questions huh?  Man it sucks being lazy when you want to help with something awesome...alright, well Freeform himself told us that Ciro is the target.  When Cain asked who the target was, it showed Ciro's head.  Since he's never SEEN Ciro, Freeform gave that one away.  Also, anyone else notice the first sibling Cain killed is Proxxy?  She was fairly friendly with him when you consider that!  The thief?  Whoever stole Cain's soul thing.  Do we have any clues indicating that Oric is the strongest sibling, or are we just assuming he is because of the thread's title?  We might not have met all of them, we might have.  Oric might be the thief, but I think he's the voice.  The Voice is described as a man by Cain, and he said The Voice is "lazy" and "condescending" which fits Oric complaining about how he has to spend energy glaring at you now.  He's also condescending towards the chick he's with.  Hmm...two of the siblings rhyme, based on the enemy chat when Riltia was turning all yandere triangle monster, and the only two rhymers are Betweenford and that chick Oric is with.  Still researching the entire thread as I type this...Yeah, I think Betweenford is The Voice, and Oric is the Thief... Ciro is The Target, Proxxy is The Mechanic, Riltia is The Traitor...That leaves The Eye as the blue haired chick, who Cain said is Floe, since she spit out technobabble when we met her, and typed /me awaits when Cain was talking to her.  Freeform wants justification, so Betweenford is condescending, and lazy enough to run rather than keep fighting.  Please don't ask for more justification, i just spent an hour frantically searching the forms to figure this stuff out.  Here's hoping it's right!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:52 am »

Wait. So the answer to the questions we are arguing over the answer to is actually decided by the argument itself?  :o
My head hurts.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: April 26, 2013, 12:49:35 am »

3)Why did Ciro have internal injuries during the Hard Hat arena?

Because WE were screwing around with blood magic and overwriting saves. Or at least something like it. This created extra temp hp, but reduced our max hp permanently. Hence, internal bleeding.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: April 26, 2013, 12:58:19 am »

Wait. So the answer to the questions we are arguing over the answer to is actually decided by the argument itself?  :o
My head hurts.

Nah, what I tried and failed to say was that, earlier, he took some ideas from us and flawlessly worked them into the backstory.  Most of it is his, but in the formative stage, we directed the plot by adding Betweenford as a character by STEALING THE LADDER, and we befriended the first boss, which I think he mentioned he didn't expect.  Was too early to expect a normal human being to have planned EVERYTHING so the early posters are responsible for fueling his imagination.  If we had just KILLED Rilita, like we were supposed to, that would be one sibling down already, causing the others to change their game.  At that point, she said she WORKED for Oric, so she might not have even been a sibling at all!  I CAN be good with words, but sometimes I fail my Politeness roll.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: April 26, 2013, 01:06:55 am »

B_Knight, I think you're on to something, but not quite there. I think Spira is the voice, not Betweenford. Betweenford and his brothers/siblings/Idon'teven have something to do with something beyond the siblings and the dungeon, the signal. Betweenford and all those other people are probably related to some kind of metaplot, my guess. Meta in this sense meaning a plot behind the main plot.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: April 26, 2013, 08:56:47 am »

You guys can have it from here.  My laziness is in full effect once more.  I'll keep lurking through the combat here, and go back to helping once we're out of it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: April 26, 2013, 04:16:51 pm »

1) Where do Illborn come from and what do they want?
They come from the Warrens themselves. They came with the dungeon back when it was still a plain ol' dungeon crawler parody, so the only desire common to all of them is the desire to kill the Target.
Actually, looking back at the beginning of the thread, the first creature we found was actually non-violent until we provoked it, so it doesn't seem likely that they all want to kill the Target, assuming we are the target.
They might have other reasons...but true. I suppose my "official" guess is now more similar to that I had for Oric.

Anyways, while freeform might sometimes incorporate player ideas, I think he does have ideas for this stuff...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: April 26, 2013, 11:15:26 pm »

Hmm...just gonna assume the Illborn are peacekeepers of some sort, since the only one they actively hunt is a vampire, which NORMALLY kill people or turn them into unholy abominations.  If they attacked normal people, then the town would have likely been overrun.  Hmm...where do they come from?  Well Cain has the Illborn Exchange, indicating some kind of connection.  Also, it was stolen from him by Oric.  Did the stealing occur before or after he went nuts and killed Proxxy?  If it happened first, then he might have been the guardian of the dungeon, crating the Illborn to protect his people.  Are the wisps Illborn, or something else?  They look more like spirits, and they were peaceful as long as Al wasn't with us, and we didn't start something (which, this being Bay12, we totally did)...His only powers we've seen have been floating in time to Yakkety Sax, while just having overall great power lurking within.  Perfect for some kind of local deity, or demi-god, or something ELSE he likely isn't.  Then his soul thing was stolen and lost his nuts, entering a killing spree against people who may or may not infinitely respawn...so long as they still have his soul.  Plus, he apparently knows more about the dungeon than they do, or they would have removed him from the cycle rather than leaving him there, PLOTTING, and hoping he just tells them whatever they want to know.  As I write this, I'm about to go to bed, so some of this may have been induced by a sleepy haze, but I at least tried again.  At the very least this will get you looking at it a bit differently....

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: April 26, 2013, 11:20:06 pm »

Theory: FFS is Hussie.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: April 26, 2013, 11:25:35 pm »

Current standings:

I am Hussie.
freeform is Hussie.
Jim is Hussie.

I think a few others were accused too.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: April 26, 2013, 11:40:40 pm »

Current standings:

I am Hussie.
freeform is Hussie.
Jim is Hussie.

There's a little Hussie in all of us. Filling us with various feelings or somesuch.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: April 26, 2013, 11:42:11 pm »

Current standings:

I am Hussie.
freeform is Hussie.
Jim is Hussie.

There's a little Hussie in all of us. Filling us with various feelings or somesuch.
he's burrowed into our souls with his deodly clas of morder
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: April 27, 2013, 02:30:43 am »

:'( I just noticed something sad.

BTW We do know for sure the Ciro owns the Astra Influx.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg3994103#msg3994103 Shadenight figured out the message from a previous update and it explicitly refers to the Astral Influx being Ciro's. We know Rilita's from Ciro's Over Soul repairing hers. We also know Proxy's since she was carrying it. It would seem the T shape was Oric since he was wearing it. Leaving the only unaccounted for shape the Triangle which appears to Cain's as this icon is the only one not show on his screen.

Here's the weird part. During Ciro's Over Soul it only shows 5 Soul Stars. I'm assuming there is more and the one's Ciro summoned included were all belonging to people that Ciro bumped into except the Green one which he came close to as a corpse and the Red T shaped one. Though I guess it might have less to do with Ciro and more her Soul Star. Astral Influx came into close contact with all those except the Red one. Also when Ciro went Over Soul there was this in the update:
A power sought out by evil rulers and corrupt dictators for millenea. One time-wrought eye gives life, another takes it. Total control. Total domination. Total and complete power.

Also in the Sinful intermission.
The Target: You don't know a lot about him either. He changes the most. You only know the others are supposed to kill him. However, you're starting to think this is not true because he is NEVER dead when he reaches you. Oh well. You don't believe in fate much.

I got the feeling that reason Oric wants Ciro dead... has to deal with Ciro suffering his first defeat. But Cain here implies they never succeed in killing Ciro... at least he didn't stay dead. So maybe death doesn't equal defeat.

Also what is a sibling? Sinful had this tidbit.
Yes. The first victim was a sibling. And the next one. And the next one.
Siblings are always the most delicious. Others have not experienced love, joy, loss. They do not taste as good as a sibling with a soul thrice as full.

There's this:

Oric isn't try to kill Ciro their doing this funky dance to Soul Charge Ciro. Ciro has a really strong soul stronger than most and when he gets strong enough to escape...
Al, do you know about the Harian Royal Prison?
We lock... we lock up people who can do this. Things like this. Create something from nothing. Throw lightning. Turn invisible. That was my old job.
I didn't quit. I was transferred.
I didn't have a choice. The prisoners were relocated.

We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: April 27, 2013, 11:30:29 am »

Hmmm... I never did understand what happened with the save shenanigans. Can someone explain?
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: April 27, 2013, 12:31:21 pm »

So who thinks it might be a good idea to visit a checkpoint after this, teleport to Proxxy's hub and raid everything for the delicious class trees and potions and whatever?
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 1544