Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3738140 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #3150 on: April 29, 2013, 12:40:54 pm »

...That's an airship. And not technically /that/ kind of ship.

Though yeah, I voted for the Titanic too, gave it a 5/5 -- mostly due to its legacy.

Also, thanks FFS! :D

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 29, 2013, 12:46:33 pm »

found more proof for soul star molestation theory. Except I change it a little.
Because Cherish is the one handling our Soul Star, it is damaging us.
Proxxy seems quite disturbed by Cherish owning two Soul Stars, that handling them is dangerous; but to whom? Cherish has not been harmed in any way by handling our Soul Star, so it is hurting Ciro.
Ciro is obviously being hurt by Cherish handling Ciro's soul star; which may or may not be dangerous to both parties handling it.
It is effectively our soul she is handling... Quite dangerous if she tripped on her cape or something.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 29, 2013, 01:57:59 pm »

Okay, who else voted other for the best ships and what did you put?
I really liked the Titanic. 4/5 stars
Personally I preferred the Santa Maria. It's definitely the one that discovered the genre. 5/5
Starship Enterprise, all the way. NCC-1701-A, 4/7 stars.
Dendritic.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 29, 2013, 03:58:30 pm »

If we guard, we're just letting the met get more hits on us, considering it can do long range attacks itself.
Thus I think the way forward is to give slog the scanner, pick up the rifle, and shoot at the met, as ciro, for AL to see about treating Riltia's damage if possible, for Riltia to block, and for slog to just uh.. I guess try to treat its own damage??
BUT THEY'RE BLOCKING NEXT TURN. The only time we can attack is when they're about to attack, and they just finished attacking, so they'll spend this turn blocking. THEREFORE, it'll be absolutely useless to try and attack. It'd just waste time.
So what's your plan, then?
You're also assuming that block = invulnerable.
In the case of Mets, they're nigh invulnerable while blocking. Invulnerable in Mega's world, Nigh in Ciro's.
Well, even if that is the case, what's your plan?
To do out inventory swapping with Slog, and try to recover HP. Or Just hang out.
And then what? We need to guard next turn so Ciro doesn't die, and if they're not attacking they're guarding. Anyways, since one of your plans is to hang out and do nothing, what can be lost by trying to attack?

And I've always been fond of the Constitution, as far as ships go.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 29, 2013, 04:20:14 pm »

No, we don't need to guard the next turn. We attack before them. If Riltia or Al jump down to the lower level, AFTER we shoot, then the Met WILL more than likely die before it gets to attack. We might as well do the swapping, and try to regain HP this turn, as they won't be attacking.

Is it just me, or does near NOBODY else understand the Mets' attack pattern?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 29, 2013, 04:21:26 pm »

I fully expect them to retrieve a pickaxe from under their shells and use the shockwave ability. Spinoff rules apply.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 29, 2013, 04:23:59 pm »

Oh, I forgot to sign mine. I kinda wanted to. I commented that I would crank down the quality dial for a while, BTW.

The Link system sounds neat. I just need a game to link up with it.
...Maybe A Beginner's Guide could be a prequel of sorts?

...To The End of the Universe???

CiroxSlog OTP
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 29, 2013, 04:25:49 pm »

No, we don't need to guard the next turn. We attack before them. If Riltia or Al jump down to the lower level, AFTER we shoot, then the Met WILL more than likely die before it gets to attack. We might as well do the swapping, and try to regain HP this turn, as they won't be attacking.

Guilty here, which is one reason I'm staying out of it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 29, 2013, 04:34:09 pm »

Would it really matter what we did though? We'd be in position to attack next turn either way, and its not like we're expending resources from attacking. We can just attack again next round, not like its going to attack this round so no need to guard and do nothing.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 29, 2013, 06:02:26 pm »

Guilty here, which is one reason I'm staying out of it.
while I do understand their mechanics (I think) I prefer to stay out of the whole combat debate, as things get decently heated when characters start getting put in danger :P.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 29, 2013, 06:02:57 pm »

Forgot the turn order bit.
Still, are you willing to bet that we can kill the Met in one turn? Megaman did, sure, but are we operating on the same rules?

And is there anything stopping us from inventory-swapping AND shooting in one turn?

"Attack a turn, guard a turn"?

The Link system sounds neat. I just need a game to link up with it.
...Maybe A Beginner's Guide could be a prequel of sorts?
...To The End of the Universe???
No, just A Beginner's Guide.
Advertisement achieved!

Would it really matter what we did though? We'd be in position to attack next turn either way, and its not like we're expending resources from attacking. We can just attack again next round, not like its going to attack this round so no need to guard and do nothing.
EXACTLY.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 29, 2013, 11:12:20 pm »

Here's some shit nobody cares about I had lying around. I don't feel any of this is a big spoiler since most of it went unused. Sorry for the slow updates once again, this'll be my last post before the next big update.

Spoiler: Spritefacts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Protonamefacts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Protoconceptfacts (click to show/hide)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 30, 2013, 01:05:53 am »

Freeformschooler, it's great to see someone who cares about the universe they create for their characters, and seeing those sprites, proto-names and early concepts shows just how much thought you've put into this.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 30, 2013, 01:45:43 am »

Ah I just re-read the Al killing moment, that was a good day...
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1544