Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3740916 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #3420 on: May 07, 2013, 01:52:42 pm »

It's quite probable that it's still electricity-themed tough. I guess every DL has it's own theme based on it's sibling. DL7 is probably Oric's level. DL3 is Cain's level, and DL2 is Proxxy's level. I think we can find that the levels are arranged in the order of the siblings.

Except we know there is a DL8.  I think DL1 has no sibling associated with it, but instead DL (1+SiblingNumber) is managed by Sibling.  So DL2 is Proxxy, DL3 is Cain, DL5 is the Voice, and DL8 is probably Oric.

Also, I'm working on my "Who owns what soulstar" theory.  I think the reason we haven't gotten anything definitive from FFS about a correct answer is most people are answering for three.  I think we need to answer for five.

Spoiler: Five? (click to show/hide)

Now, these two updates (and the mini update in between) show pretty conclusively who owns two of them- Ciro the Astral Influx, and Riltia the Reverent Savior- the mini update says there's a connection between the Astral Influx gauge and Ciro, and the Reverent Savior is used to locate Riltia.  Plus, the whole transfer of soul power between the two [1].

Next, the lighting bolt one.  We have plenty of evidence that links it to Proxxy, so I won't spend much time on it.

That leaves the Illborn Exchange and what appears to be a red hammer.  The obvious answer is that these belong to Cain and Oric respectively, but I think we lack a bit on the proof side for that.  However, we can offer some.

For the Red Hammer, Oric does have a hammer on his shirt, and wears quite a bit of red.

For the Green Triangle With The Small End Concave A Bit, look at [img=http://i.imgur.com/541qrjM.png]http://this image[/img].  The GTWTSECAB is the only symbol not there.  And why would it be there if Cain is looking at a list of people he can talk to?  Simple- he can't talk to himself.

[1] Note that a lot of Ciro's power was needed to give Riltia just a little bit.  This lends credence to the theory that the Astral Influx/Ciro charge a lot faster, which makes Ciro so interesting as a Target.

So!

Solution to TheoryCraft Contest Question #2:

Astral Influx:  Ciro
Revenant Savior:  Riltia
Yellow Bolt:  Proxxy
Red Hammer:  Oric
Illborn Exchange:  Cain
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: May 07, 2013, 02:04:29 pm »

Check the hat's menu.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: May 07, 2013, 02:47:43 pm »

Where the Illborn come from? The Illborn come from broken souls, simple as that.
The proof? The first Illborn we see after Rilitia's soul is broken, here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg4019014#msg4019014
Have a monster-rilitia face. Sad thing we didn't get to see more illborn before Oversoul.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: May 07, 2013, 02:51:44 pm »

I'm not sure about that one.  Cool Crab has Soulbound items, which I'm sure is relevant.  I think Slog's backstory is the key source of hints for that one, if we can be sure that update was canonical.

Oh yeah, though;

Why did Ciro cough up blood?

It's an ill effect due to Bloodshape miscasts.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: May 07, 2013, 02:56:22 pm »

Fun fact:Slog was able to see the lightning being thrown at the forcefield, from the other side that Al wasn't on.
Too bad he got his Soul ripped out of him.... We must find it,FOR BLORBLE!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: May 07, 2013, 03:01:40 pm »

I bet this next update mentions River Dollars!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: May 07, 2013, 03:03:19 pm »

I bet this next update mentions River Dollars!

((Cheater.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: May 07, 2013, 03:07:57 pm »

It's where I spent my stat points.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: May 07, 2013, 03:14:22 pm »

It's an ill effect due to Bloodshape miscasts.

((Hahaha, oh God, why did I think that stupid art style change was a good idea. Ciro has Middle-aged Woman Hair.))

Al: Don't hit on the tip shop keeper.
LET'S DO ANOTHER BATTLE!

JK, though.

Slog: Put on Helmet and Refill SP with Fountain.
Ciro: If available, Scan Slog. Afterwards, Save!
Riltia: Check what's in the shop.
Al: Buy...Three Tips. Random.

You scan Slog using the Polar Eye as he recharges.

Meanwhile, Al throws three Pence the Tipkeeper's way.

Damnit.

Finally, Riltia checks the shopkeeper's current inventory. All prices are in Pence.

The Shopkeeper says he now sells individual Health and Skill Potions at half the price of a full Refresh Potion.

Check the hat's menu.

Slog: WEAR THE HELMET YOU WERE DESTINED TO.
Ciro: Scan Slog.

((I don't think Slog was actually a mercenary... He probably just showed up one day like a stray puppy and no one had the heart to kick the little guy out.))
Slog should be relegated to support status, with our ATTACK-ATTACK-ATTACK status, of course he isn't that useful. Giving him the spellbook was a good idea, as his turns are best used doing such.

Slog: Wear helmet, drink fountain, become Mana Infused!
Ciro: Scan Slog if possible, save.
Riltia: Check both shop, arena, and tip person for any changes.

Slog dons the Hard Hat as you activate the Save Point. Riltia checks out the Arena for any changes.

Spoiler: E-rank battles (click to show/hide)

It looks like they haven't gotten anything new in yet. Maybe give it a little time.

Hey, looks like the others now show up on the Save Point menu. Cool!

It briefly occurs to you that you should have 5/8 HP instead of 4/7 since you absorbed the Clot Cutter earlier. As you save, a Force of Divine Machinations fixes this up for you right quick.

Everyone: refill SP at fountain.

Finally, everyone other than Slog heads to the fountain and refills their SP.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: May 07, 2013, 03:21:53 pm »

"Electric beats mechanical" We must kill all robots!

Anyway, I suppose exploring would be good now. Everyone but Slog is fine enough to adventure on. Man I wish we could convert Ruby to Pence.

Either way, I'm thinking we move on and just have Slog stay in the back, using the spellbook and guarding instead of doing anything. Should keep him alive enough. Also, he's an Illborn? We can use that to our advantage me thinks... But yeah, he can't get better at all. Although he's useful for... Something? I'm not really sure what that is.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: May 07, 2013, 03:22:31 pm »

Al:  Mishear and request Bag full of Slut.

But yeah, explore onward and make the DM happy.  Happy FFS is good.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: May 07, 2013, 03:28:31 pm »

Oooh....
Slog is Illborn.... I guess that means that his soul being ripped out and Illborn have a relation to each other.
Since Al has a "Free Soul" that must explain why they attack him; out of jealousy or the like, or maybe because they just want to steal his soul for their own gain.
Asplore DL2

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: May 07, 2013, 03:34:01 pm »

You know, I bet with this knowledge from Slog's perspective and backstory, we can probably figure out the Illborn question.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: May 07, 2013, 03:35:35 pm »

Check the rifle's menu.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: May 07, 2013, 03:36:25 pm »

Check the rifle's menu.

Mega Man lets off a charged blast from his arm cannon, decimating a nearby Met. You finish your Bloodshape spell, creating Cupid's Assault. Hey, your first long-range weapon!

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1544