Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3743710 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #3525 on: May 08, 2013, 10:13:35 pm »

Oh yeah... Maybe we leech power from them when we Oversoul.
It was one of the Theories they leech from our charge, so it serves them right if they get weakened

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: May 08, 2013, 10:51:34 pm »

I vote we go south since that's the direction the other two fell.  This is a 2d world, right?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: May 08, 2013, 10:52:07 pm »

AFAIK. Used to be. Not anymore.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: May 08, 2013, 10:58:23 pm »

I vote we go south since that's the direction the other two fell.  This is a 2d world, right?
You do remember how we found Al in the first place, right?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: May 09, 2013, 02:01:23 am »

Wow, I finally got to this point of the present, this story is really beyond amazing.
As for re-uniting with Riltia and Al, we should really head back to the underside, as it makes the most sense
Clearly, that was an obvious trap and it's not going to lead to where we would obviously go first, we need to do more exploring, and fast.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: May 09, 2013, 05:59:41 am »

Go to the underside, look for Al and Riltia.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: May 09, 2013, 07:06:46 am »

Somewhat off topic, but hey Freeformschooler, remember Ursula from Bay12RPG? I wonder if she could be put in an update sometime as a cameo?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE CROSSOVERENA
« Reply #3532 on: May 09, 2013, 02:59:55 pm »

Just to help with the IllBorn theory, and how they got their souls ripped out.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:02:56 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: May 09, 2013, 05:41:56 pm »

Somewhat off topic, but hey Freeformschooler, remember Ursula from Bay12RPG? I wonder if she could be put in an update sometime as a cameo?
Ah, yes, that project. Did it ever get somewhere?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: May 09, 2013, 05:46:31 pm »

Reduh has recently posted.

It's still happening, but slowly.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: May 09, 2013, 06:16:12 pm »

Just to help with the IllBorn theory, and how they got their souls ripped out.
We're not sure how reliable that is, but more importantly that's referring to mercenaries, not Illborn. Slog just happens to be both because he's both a monster and available for hire.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: May 09, 2013, 06:24:20 pm »

New theory: All mercenaries are Illborn in disguise!
...Except the ones that aren't in disguise, I mean.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: May 09, 2013, 07:03:38 pm »

Alrighty, time for some Wild Mass Guessing! Except, you know, I don't really have any good theories for 1, 3, and 4, but here's my shot at number 2. I'm pretty sure all of these have been said by somebody else at one time or another, but I don't know as they've all been put in one post together, complete with citations.

As Toaster mentioned, I don't think we're trying to identify all the Siblings, only "the Soul Stars we've seen so far." However, it's worth mention that apart from Ciro's Soul Overcharge, we've really only seen THREE Soul Stars to be able to name them- Astral Influx, Reverent Savior, and Illborn Exchange. We saw five symbols during the Overcharge (adding yellow lightning and red hammer), and the Sinful Intermission added the Voice and the Eye for Seven total Siblings. Presumably each Sibling has their own Soul Star, and I've done my best to give an identity to every Sibling, but we could be looking for either three, five, or seven owners depending on whether the symbols during Overcharge and/or Sinful Intermission count as seeing a Soul Star.

Of note, although we've seen the inventories of Riltia and Proxxy, neither possess a Soul Star- at least, neither have a Soul Star object that takes up inventory slots like the Astral Influx and Illborn Exchange. Maybe it's a Magi Madoka thing where their Souls are still inside them whereas the inventory-occupying Soul Stars Astral Influx and Illborn Exchange are both (perhaps the only two) physically separate/separated from their original owner.

Given all that, my classification incorporates Name, description, and association on Sinful's list for full identification. Three can be fully identified, two more are educated guesses, and the final two are only seen in the Sinful Intermission.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: May 09, 2013, 07:03:59 pm »

New theory: All mercenaries are Illborn in disguise!
...Except the ones that aren't in disguise, I mean.
Slog's honesty sure is nice.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: May 09, 2013, 11:16:06 pm »

Of note, although we've seen the inventories of Riltia and Proxxy, neither possess a Soul Star- at least, neither have a Soul Star object that takes up inventory slots like the Astral Influx and Illborn Exchange. Maybe it's a Magi Madoka thing where their Souls are still inside them whereas the inventory-occupying Soul Stars Astral Influx and Illborn Exchange are both (perhaps the only two) physically separate/separated from their original owner.

Minor Edit: Proxxy gets her Soul Star out of storage the same turn that Cherish checks her storage.

:P Very good theory. I did a pretty extensive proof on Ciro, Rilita, and Proxxy's Soul Stars. But I also tried to point out the lack of definitive proof on the other two. The fact there is barely any proof on the Red Star is probably the reason for not having it yet, but I forgot about the Hammer symbol being on the telepads. But I think finding proof for the red star and Illborn Exchange can be the only real slip up. And somehow I wonder if the definitive proof on Illborn Exchange requires us to look at the Chief a bit closer in his appearances. I mean he had the Star and gave it to Al. Even more why did he give it to Al? Did it have something to do with the fact that Al was currently selected by Astral Influx? BTW, Astral Influx's name make's me wonder if its purpose is somehow more significant than that it changes the player character. Astral in flux. Astral as in astral projection. Flux as in change. So it does exactly what it says on the tin. But Astral seems to imply that Ciro's consciousness should follow the change. Which basically means that Ciro's Star allows him to affect others. In fact control them, which could be represented by us taking control of whoever is currently selected.

The only exception is the Sinful intermission and the GM did say he didn't like the idea of changing perspective without the Astral Influx, but that it was unavoidable.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 11:28:04 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 1544