Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3742277 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Nepotism
« Reply #3540 on: May 09, 2013, 11:31:55 pm »

The morse says: THE END TO ORIC'S CYCLE IS COME WE WILL RISE UP AND DIE FOR OUR LIVES

Let's not forget with regards to the goal of the Illborn.  "Die for our lives" could be a reference to getting souls back. 

Plus, on the board, it pretty heavily implies that Riltia is the Sixth sibling.  So...

1:  Proxxy
2:  Cain
3: 
4:  Floe
5: 
6:  Riltia
7:  Oric

That just means Ciro and the Voice are unknown.

Hm.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #3541 on: May 10, 2013, 01:18:34 am »

Posting to watch. Read through it in more or less one sitting, with maybe a break or two for food.

TheBalanceGuardian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: May 10, 2013, 02:36:27 pm »

Hello, I'm a new one. Both on this forum and in this ISG. Actually, ISG is the reason I registered - DF doesn't go too good for me yet. Or maybe really good. As of yet, I've (only?) lost 2 forts.
OK, I'm planning to organise profile and note a few thing in the thread once I get enough sleep...
But first a few (relatively) important things.

(And by shiny thing next to the disc I meant compare the plot star to the disc side by side. Oh well.)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Very interesting moment with a Soul Star. Either the plans for history have changed a lot since 14th page (who would guess?) or the stars aren't really as central to the plot as they seem to be. Again, information is OOC, so it's a bit of a cheat, anyway. And we're no good at Cheating.
Also, this:
What is that? Drop the spider leg and take it.

You call upon your knowledge of the item. (Roll: 8!) Something something about narrative control. Maybe.
even if it looks obvious, seems to suggest the power of the Influx is not as much "Ciro leaps to another body and doesn't remember it" as it is "Control narrative to some degree even without the Oversoul mode".
Or maybe it references Oversoul mode. Hell if I know.

Blood ladder is pure genius. So, +1. Only first make sure we have some blood to form it from and, maybe, fight down there.
I vote for going to save point first and healing Riltia with Al, though. The worst that could happen is that floor might open again, which is easily verifiable and, really, maybe even somewhat better for us.

I would really like SMT-inspired stuff. And if not "Persona-user" as a class or Raidou hat as an item, then Illborn fusion is the next logical option. I vote for this or, even better, that as a theme music.

Oh, also, it's kinda strange how Slog likes Al, what with Al being Free Soul and all that. Mercenary honor? Blurble-induced hate-plague immunity?

I will try to think about the questions too, but: 1) Wouldn't it be neat if someone gave us a full list of posts by freeformschooler so we could easily reread the whole thing without hundreds of suggestions and arguments in-between? I can even try to do that... Slowly, reluctantly, with massive dramas after each organised part, in bad English... No, it's not an advertisement, it's a warning! 2) As with souls, I think we should focus on the souls that we have doubts about and check out specifically them. And by the way, really, FFS, how many souls do you count as "seen"? How many exactly can we figure out at this point?

Thanks for your attention. Sorry for large amounts of text - my wit either has lost its soul even longer ago than Ciro or never had it in the first place.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: May 10, 2013, 02:47:47 pm »

Hello, I'm a new one. Both on this forum and in this ISG. Actually, ISG is the reason I registered - DF doesn't go too good for me yet. Or maybe really good. As of yet, I've (only?) lost 2 forts.
OK, I'm planning to organise profile and note a few thing in the thread once I get enough sleep...
But first a few (relatively) important things.
Hello there newbie! Nice ta' see ya'!

Of note, although we've seen the inventories of Riltia and Proxxy, neither possess a Soul Star- at least, neither have a Soul Star object that takes up inventory slots like the Astral Influx and Illborn Exchange. Maybe it's a Magi Madoka thing where their Souls are still inside them whereas the inventory-occupying Soul Stars Astral Influx and Illborn Exchange are both (perhaps the only two) physically separate/separated from their original owner.

I am deeply disappointed in MYSELF for not checking her inventory after she went into storage!
But I am extremely grateful for that Tidbit of information.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:27:24 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: May 10, 2013, 03:20:02 pm »

Balance Guardian, you bring up some good points. However:
1. I'm not sure how that's "cheating". Breaking into freeformschooler's house and reading his adventure notes is cheating, but interpreting from the updates is fine and encouraged.
2. The "narrative control" probably is the Oversoul.
3. Slog loves everyone.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: May 10, 2013, 03:39:45 pm »

It might just be because as a Mercenary, he probably went under some mental conditioning in order to not react as angry towards someone with a Soul, and listen to his given orders to a more complete extent.
Just like how the other mercenaries might run away with our valuable stuff, after said conditioning wears offs.

Edit:Gonna make another shot at the Illborn theorycrafting.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:46:57 pm by javierpwn »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: May 10, 2013, 03:52:24 pm »

and then be trapped on the dungeon floor and force FFS to bash a wall down for us?
Ciro could always bloodshape a new ladder.
+1 to Laddershape. Crazy enough to work!

I'm surprised I didn't think of it. +1

(Bloodshape: 4) You attempt to Bloodshape a ladder using your maximum HP. Unfortunately, your current HP spills out everywhere instead. You take one damage from the botched attempt. Bloodshaping is both difficult and horribly painful!

Slog begins stacking some crates by bouncing them on his head.

Break all the damn crates for lootz

+1, but do it from a distance.

Pile ALL THE CRATES on top of the platform before you do

Crate execution?

You assist Slog in stacking up the crates. This is probably pointless, but at least it helps get your mind off Al and Riltia.

You execute the crates gracefully. May they find their way to the Great Packaging Center in the Sky.

Hey, sweet! LOOT!

...Unfortunately, you don't have the inventory space for it. You'd need three slots total. What would you like to do?

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:57:37 pm by freeformschooler »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: May 10, 2013, 03:54:51 pm »

Can we sorta just carry them in our arms and drop them in the next room Bethesda RPG style?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: May 10, 2013, 03:57:21 pm »

If it's enough Pence for an inventory slot, swap the cash and the ring, buy slot for slog. Regardless of if we can get the slot:Tediously carry everything to storage and inventory manage when we get there.

((Random thought: I wonder if we can scavenge around underside and the greens a bit and find something to craft with. That looks like a potion of water, so we might make something cool if we try.))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:00:48 pm by Brawler Mouse »
Dendritic.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: May 10, 2013, 03:58:55 pm »

If it's enough Pence for an inventory slot, swap the cash and the ring, buy slot for slog. Regardless of if we can get the slot:Tediously carry everything to storage and inventory manage when we get there.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: May 10, 2013, 03:59:39 pm »

Loot so good it replaced our party. Isn't surprising, we're an adventurer at our roots, loot is our party.

Darn, back to the usual party screen.

Hm... Ah... We gotta get that loot, I'd feel bad if we just left it, but we have no slots at all. Darn-it, our slot monkeys fell through the floor. Hm...

Yeah, I guess see if we can tediously carry it outside of the hammer-space that is our inventory. Also, if we have enough, lets buy a slot for ourselves. Not for Slog.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:01:51 pm by Xanmyral »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: May 10, 2013, 04:00:02 pm »

Grab crate fragments. Create Carrying plank.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: May 10, 2013, 04:03:51 pm »

I know, but we appear to not know how much money we've just gotten. Also, we gotta account for deflation! /fingerscrossed

EDIT: Well, excuse me! Who's this "We" that plans on replacing Slog!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:06:50 pm by Brawler Mouse »
Dendritic.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: May 10, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »

Lets not get an inventory slot for slog, considering that we've kinda got plans to replace him.

Reintegrate sniper rifle, get pence/health potion. If pence>50 buy bag full of slot. if pence 30<x<50, buy inventory slot for self.

If its just not enough to get anything, go to storage, store: Ring, retinal scanner, pence, and the wind spellbook.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: May 10, 2013, 04:07:17 pm »

Mix the two drinks together, in order to create a SP/HP potion at half the power of both
Practicality over speciality.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1544