Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3735356 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Examine statue for any buttons or something that could look like a maintenance panel.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone thought that those numbers could mean coordinates in an x, y and z range?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I think they are.  First number is probably the DL, given that the Third Sibling (Cain) is...

... wait, no, Cain is second.  Hmm.

It probably is X Y Z, then, with Z being DL.  First sibling is on DL2, second is on DL3, so logically third is on DL4.  It appears to be involved in room generation- smashing it is probably a bad idea.

--

Also, that bot we recruited has just 6 HP.  Violence is an option here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is no point in attacking now, as it seems that we are going to need a key, plus proxxy's soul, to open that door, judging by the writings on the floor.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Examine statue for any buttons or something that could look like a maintenance panel.
+1

Has anyone thought that those numbers could mean coordinates in an x, y and z range?
Yes, but without atleast 2 reference points they're pretty much meaningless.

It sounds like it might be room generation. If we were to stay here and listen long enough we could probably figure out exactly what it is.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

We do have a map for DL2- assuming such things carry on down the levels is totally reasonable.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1

(Roll: 10) You can't find any buttons or panels on the statue. In fact, it doesn't seem like you can move it at all. It's fixed in place via the metal pole underneath it. Slog blorbles ablorbably, growing slightly impatient but remaining steadfast in his bliss.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Time to take the room by force.  Have the new bot attack the guard bot in melee from the north side, with Slog attacking from the south side, and have Ciro shoot it from across the room, from a spot that neither meatshield is in the line of fire- like due west of it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Time to take the room by force.  Have the new bot attack the guard bot in melee from the north side, with Slog attacking from the south side, and have Ciro shoot it from across the room, from a spot that neither meatshield is in the line of fire- like due west of it.
Watch out for the angel.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Watch out for the angel.

You attempt to brute force the door guard. (Roll: 13+2 Position) Your long-range attack easily pierces through the machinery of the guard-bot. (Roll: 6) Slog spins around near his target, upside down.

PX-39 is absolutely astonished you'd harm her ally and leaves the party along with the loot you had her pick up. She heads through the northern door and disappears.

The 'remaining 'bot dashes toward you in a last ditch effort to fulfill its mission. (Roll: 6-4 position) Unfortunately, it just stumbles into the ground headfirst from attempting such a long-range dash with a melee strike.

This is pathetic. You feel bad just watching it.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Finish it off, chase after the bot that went north.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Wait, that statue just referred to itself as an angel. Remember Floe calling Betweenford "Angel"?

Finish the bot, head back north to sexy PX-39 back into the party with apologies and hugs.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Agree with both of above.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

No, it didn't refer to itself as an angel, it called for an angel. So I guess Betweenford and company are called angels, not just an accent. Weird. Also something about an operating system and opening a door on the eighth floor.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile

Apologize to the poor thing, it's crippled, we can't kill it! Have slog talk to it, and go cry in a corner for being so horrible.

(In honour of my favourite President, and the story that named the teddy bear.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 01:23:07 pm by Brawler Mouse »
Dendritic.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1544