Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695860 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

I think putting the bayonet on there has dropped our max HP too low.  Four is instakill range.  Perhaps we should switch to shotgun?

FFS:  Do we know what kind of positional penalties a medium range weapon gets at short/melee range?

I think the trend is maybe not obvious enough. Here's a table.

Code: [Select]
Type   Melee   Med   Long
Melee  +0      -2    -4
Med    -2      +2    -2
Long   -4      -2    +2

A Med attack at Melee scores a -2.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:48:54 am by freeformschooler »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Hm.
Absorb shotgun with bayonet, make normal blood-shotgun.
We don't fight that much at long range anyway, and long range is hard without our meatshields.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Hm.
We don't fight that much at long range anyway, and long range is hard without our meatshields.

Also don't die while blooding.

ninja edit sighted
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Yup, abuse the savepoint for extra hp.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Didn't we get screwed over last time we tried that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Oh god, if we cock up reabsorbing the bloodshotgun, we'll DIE.

Restore at the save point! Again! I'm generally against glitching, but instadeath from failed bloodshape is just the lamest way to die.

I'm in favor of normal blood-shotgun. Let Slog stand in melee, we shoot past him, ??, profit!

After that, back to the room that was being guarded! We lost a party member and a load of loot getting access, we damn well better use it!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

+1. Everything that pisses FFS off sufficiently to throw another spoke into the wheels of Bandwagon of InsanityŠ is a good idea in my book.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Well when you put it that way, I feel like Operation Piss Off the GM might not be the best plan...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Down goes the quality knob!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, since it is a knob and it can only go either clockwise or counter to the same, I assume that 'down' means 'break it off and hurl it through the floor'.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Well, since it is a knob and it can only go either clockwise or counter to the same, I assume that 'down' means 'break it off and hurl it through the floor'.
DONT GIVE FFS IDEAS.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DONT GIVE FFS IDEAS.
Why? It's so fun. :D

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile

Blah. All this over-complicated weaponshaping is going to kill us directly or get us killed. I wouldn't mind it (Slog is still our only resurrection hope, so what can go wrong?) but...

Absorb pointless shotgun, bloodshape a simple small shield and boomerang so we can pretend to have actual hit points, and have defense, and have a medium attack.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

DONT GIVE FFS IDEAS.
Why? It's so fun. :D

((HUEHUEHUE))

+1. Everything that pisses FFS off sufficiently to throw another spoke into the wheels of Bandwagon of InsanityŠ is a good idea in my book.
Hm.

You restore at the save point and get 5/4 HP along with 2/6 SP (because didn't you originally have 10, not 8? This is getting hard to keep track of.) (Bloodshape: 17) Afterward, you bloodshape a shotgun without the bayonet. It looks... essentially the same, minus the top. You regain four MHP, though, putting you back up at... 9/8 HP!? Well, at least that shows you how Bloodshape works.

After that, back to the room that was being guarded! We lost a party member and a load of loot getting access, we damn well better use it!

You head to the new room. The only thing seperating you from the dark, gruesome void below is a series of platforms hovering in the air where the real ground should be.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Imgur messed up my upload order
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:06:51 pm by freeformschooler »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Wrong image alert
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 1544