Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3736190 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

Dang dude. I was scared I was cracking up for a minute.

Edit: NINJA OCHITA! And FFS!

@FFS:
I just like that you encourage theorycrafting. It's fun to do and fun read other people's theories. Compare notes, incorporate good thoughts and ideas, pointing out new clues. Even better is the fact that you come across stuff you didn't notice the first time through. I had one of those moments whist writing my theory. It is a really cool way to enjoy a game like this.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:40:18 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Love it when the author forgets their own pale story implications

Ninja'd twice

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Interesting theory, and I like how it shakes things up... but it doesn't feel quite right to me. Oric doesn't seem like the kind of guy to wear somebody else's livery, and I don't think we know enough about Blue Chick to make an informed judgement one way or another. I rather wish we'd seen her teleport pad from the top. Betweenford as Thief is more likely to me, as he's the only guy in this dungeon I'd pick in a fight vs Oric.

One thing you said that interested me was the idea that the reason we had only 5 stars around us in the Oversoul segment was because those were the only souls we'd interacted with personally. If that's true, then Green Triangle can't be Cain- we never had the Illborn Exchange as Ciro, and Ciro definitely never met Cain. Unless it counts when we were dead, or the perspective shift due to Astral Influx made it count. The Astral Influx is increasingly crazy as a Soul Star power, we really need to get that back and figure some shit out.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find it funny that FFS thought I made up the term 'FreeSoul' even though I was the first to coin the term(I think)

Edit:You know what would be a mean plot twist, if that wasn't really Oric, and Spira did that on purpose to make us think it was Oric and destroy all our TheoryCrafting!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:46:42 pm by javierpwn »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

Interesting theory, and I like how it shakes things up... but it doesn't feel quite right to me. Oric doesn't seem like the kind of guy to wear somebody else's livery, and I don't think we know enough about Blue Chick to make an informed judgement one way or another. I rather wish we'd seen her teleport pad from the top. Betweenford as Thief is more likely to me, as he's the only guy in this dungeon I'd pick in a fight vs Oric.

One thing you said that interested me was the idea that the reason we had only 5 stars around us in the Oversoul segment was because those were the only souls we'd interacted with personally. If that's true, then Green Triangle can't be Cain- we never had the Illborn Exchange as Ciro, and Ciro definitely never met Cain. Unless it counts when we were dead, or the perspective shift due to Astral Influx made it count. The Astral Influx is increasingly crazy as a Soul Star power, we really need to get that back and figure some shit out.

Yeah. I'm starting to form some other potential ideas about the plot from what we've seen. I have ideas on the other theories, but I wanted to concentrate on this one first. Mostly because of the significance of the Stars and the fact they seem to play a part in the other theories.

I think the fact that the Green Star (Illborn Exchange) popped up deals in one of two factors. Either A) We're correct about Cain and the Astral Influx being close to Illborn Exchange was enough or B) We're incorrect about Cain and we've interacted with the true owner (which I'd assume to be Al, because he seems the most likely candidate and I have a couple of facts that might be looked at differently if we change our assumptions).

The Red Star is interesting in the fact that Oric's design... doesn't look close enough to the Red Star's/the Thief's symbol. Oric's looks more like an axe whereas the "Thief" symbol is perfectly right-angular.

You mean this (hoists theory from thread):
I'm not usually one to partake in the theory guessing, but I'll put two cents out there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:59:59 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: SLOGDOUKEN
« Reply #4162 on: May 24, 2013, 09:00:42 pm »

MASTAHCHEESE SAID AT LEAST ONE RIGHT THING IN THIS QUOTE

I'm not usually one to partake in the theory guessing, but I'll put two cents out there.

GOGOGOGOGOGO

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Really?!? And I actually consided not posting my theory because I thought it was the farthest off.

Also, Run! Slog is clearly the best danger-radar we have.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: i got this (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AUGH WHY DID I GO TO WORK

RUN AWAY!
As a wise king once said: "Run away!"

I think we should take Yaos to investigate the creepy statue. It sounded like it was placing new creatures in rooms when the old creatures were no longer serviceable.

You high-tail it outta there along with your allies. The Big Wisp doesn't follow, so it looks like it's going to guard the door for now. So. Uh. That happened.

Spoiler: Active Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive Party (click to show/hide)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Train Yaos in the way of blorblemancy. It may assist him on the journey, after all~

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

I think Yaos is Russian.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Ask her how she got here, and what she knows of this weapon she's looking for. We might be able to help, although we'd like it if she helped us find our friends who fell down a trapdoor.

Edit: How much is a stat boost? We need to buy one, for health. That way we're A) Not as squishy, and B) Can do more blood shenanigans without overly endangering ourselves. Blood armor anyone?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:38:31 pm by Xanmyral »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Just looking back at Cain's intermission and noticed some things. The mark the shows Cain as "sinful" is "Bloodhewn", not sure if any relavence, but an interesting note. Also, when it mentions that Cain killed his siblings, look at the hair style of the victim in front of him...
And it mentions that they taste better, to quote, "Siblings are always the most delicious. Others have not experienced love, joy, loss. They do not taste as good as a sibling with a soul thrice as full."
The Illborne want the power residing in Souls. And I think that the reason for this is that the more power they get, the less "Illborne" they become, maybe Chief has been working on this a long time and is getting close, maybe the reason Riltia returned to her human form is because we blasted her with an extreme overdose of Soul, completely shifting her out of it.

Ninja'd by FFS, Yaos has a soul gauge, hmm...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1544