Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695599 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Spoiler: YE GODS (click to show/hide)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

And with Yaos being an outsider with his own soulstone....
WE HAVE TO STOP AL.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:26:34 pm by javierpwn »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Okay, I had a worrying thought.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oooh, I like this. It feels right. I have literally no problems with this theory, and I think you've finally figured out how we're supposed to use that damn Soul Star (if we ever get it back from Cherish)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Does this mean Cherish will become a bizarre personality combination of Cain, Ciro and Al if we don't find her soon?
It's FEF, not FEOF

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

Just looking back at Cain's intermission and noticed some things. The mark the shows Cain as "sinful" is "Bloodhewn", not sure if any relavence, but an interesting note. Also, when it mentions that Cain killed his siblings, look at the hair style of the victim in front of him...
And it mentions that they taste better, to quote, "Siblings are always the most delicious. Others have not experienced love, joy, loss. They do not taste as good as a sibling with a soul thrice as full."
The Illborne want the power residing in Souls. And I think that the reason for this is that the more power they get, the less "Illborne" they become, maybe Chief has been working on this a long time and is getting close, maybe the reason Riltia returned to her human form is because we blasted her with an extreme overdose of Soul, completely shifting her out of it.

Ninja'd by FFS, Yaos has a soul gauge, hmm...

That doesn't make you wrong. Siblings are implied to be more full, but that might be because experiencing the cycles gives them more trauma. Anyone here play 999 or Virtue's Last Reward? The cycles here might have the same purpose as the Nonary Game. To put people in a situation where psychic energy grows quicker. The cycles wipe everyone's minds, so they get to feel strong emotions of loss several times over.

Killing non-Illborns raise the Soul Gauge and Cain's bit about siblings seems to me to imply that killing someone causes your Soul Gauge to charge with their energy. Maybe Illborn are creatures that have had their Soul Gauge depleted to the point where killing them doesn't cause your Soul Gauge to raise or their Soul Star was broken.

Rilita's Star busted due to her dying without it in hand and became an Illborn (maybe). Ciro pumping her extra energy in Rilita might have restored her Soul Star.

This would explain why Illborn attack certain people. So that they can gain Soul Gauge energy to restore themselves, but why are some non-violent? I could probably do some more research, but my brain is dry today.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Oh hey, in the excitement of tying Al to the Illborn Exchange, I forgot that the GM ninja'd me with an update.

Ask her how she got here, and what she knows of this weapon she's looking for. We might be able to help, although we'd like it if she helped us find our friends who fell down a trapdoor.

Edit: How much is a stat boost? We need to buy one, for health. That way we're A) Not as squishy, and B) Can do more blood shenanigans without overly endangering ourselves. Blood armor anyone?

+1

I want to know as much about Yaos as we can, and I'm starting to lean in favor of kicking him out of the party so we can get that gem for ourselves.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Huh. I did not notice those symbols on the floor until just now. Silly me
It's FEF, not FEOF

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

This would explain why Illborn attack certain people. So that they can gain Soul Gauge energy to restore themselves, but why are some non-violent? I could probably do some more research, but my brain is dry today.

Possibly they either don't know how to charge their gauge, don't care enough to do so, or are trying other methods.
If the theory about them being stuck with basically just one emotional state is correct, perhaps they are the ones who have emotions that are not conducive to murder. If not, perhaps they are trying to raise it through emotional stuff the same way non-Illborn can.
Consider just what it took to make Slog change his expression. Giant wisp was so terrifying it overcame his permanant state of "friendly hungry orphan," perhaps? Look at his face in the last update, his expression is still in "oh sh-" mode.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

Oh hey, in the excitement of tying Al to the Illborn Exchange, I forgot that the GM ninja'd me with an update.

Good job with tying that together. I think you hit a major clue there.

But we were able to change to Al at that exact moment. So glowing a color might not prevent us from switching to that character.

Edit:
@Harbingerjim
Maybe Slog journeying with us is enough to charge his gauge. We're his first friends and we gave him the food he always craved. We're making him better through just interacting with him... maybe.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:22:31 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Proxy also has a cut-off warning about even the handling if a soul star does something, so that too.

Al went on a killing spree and did unnecessary murder after acquiring the star, even though it was our fault.
Also says what every iteration of OS is.

Just looking back at Cain's intermission and noticed some things. The mark the shows Cain as "sinful" is "Bloodhewn", not sure if any relavence, but an interesting note. Also, when it mentions that Cain killed his siblings, look at the hair style of the victim in front of him...
And it mentions that they taste better, to quote, "Siblings are always the most delicious. Others have not experienced love, joy, loss. They do not taste as good as a sibling with a soul thrice as full."
The Illborne want the power residing in Souls. And I think that the reason for this is that the more power they get, the less "Illborne" they become, maybe Chief has been working on this a long time and is getting close, maybe the reason Riltia returned to her human form is because we blasted her with an extreme overdose of Soul, completely shifting her out of it.

Ninja'd by FFS, Yaos has a soul gauge, hmm...
Killing non-Illborns raise the Soul Gauge and Cain's bit about siblings seems to me to imply that killing someone causes your Soul Gauge to charge with their energy. Maybe Illborn are  creatures that have had their Soul Gauge depleted to the point where killing them doesn't cause your Soul Gauge to raise or their Soul Star was broken.

I think of it like this; if you kill a person, and they have a pouch of gold in their pocket, you can take the gold. But if they don't have the pouch with them, or are paupers, the pouch of gold is inaccessible.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:25:08 pm by javierpwn »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile

Head back to storage and get our ten pence from there, then buy Ciro 5x stat points.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Aw crap, I think javierpwn is right. The green overlay is just possession, not rightful ownership.

Actually, wait... looking back through Al never actually held the Illborn Exchange. Cherish was holding it the entire time, in her role as pack mule. The green overlay started on Al, then switched to Cherish after the perspective shift... what does it mean? I'm pretty sure it isn't merely an "active character" highlight, we never saw it before then IIRC.

Anywho, I snagged all the statue dialog into one place.

I had thought "room dispatches" referred to the monsters spawning the next room over, but that number went up when it should have been going down (as Yaos was killing them.) Angel #2 is whatserface that hangs out with Oric? This whole thing sounds a lot like that majigger in the Greens we smashed up.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

This is making the Illborne, the Soul Stars, and the whole system in general make a lot more sense, it even explains why the "current" character tab of Cherish isn't showing her face, she's changing.
This is, of course, assuming that we're right.
The OP says that whoever gets the answer right is the winner, but this is quickly seeming to be a group project, now that FFS mentioning my closeness has put everyone in a drive toward relavent information.

Also.
Head back to storage and get our ten pence from there, then buy Ciro 5x stat points.
+1, but save one of them, we need to get Riltia's Guard to level 5 so she can get her next ability.
Actually, Al's Nature is close too, we should save two of them.

Ninja'd by Monk12.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 1544