Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695820 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

And it mentions that they taste better, to quote, "Siblings are always the most delicious. Others have not experienced love, joy, loss. They do not taste as good as a sibling with a soul thrice as full."
The Illborne want the power residing in Souls. And I think that the reason for this is that the more power they get, the less "Illborne" they become, maybe Chief has been working on this a long time and is getting close, maybe the reason Riltia returned to her human form is because we blasted her with an extreme overdose of Soul, completely shifting her out of it.

We have a winrar!

Combined with his previous theory post, mastahcheese has (almost) single-handedly answered question number 1: Where do Illborn come from and what do they want? The only reason I say "almost" is because there's bits and pieces that other people have caught they weren't even necessarily for the theory.

For a detailed analysis of the answers, see the following spoiler for loads of information.

Spoiler: Illborn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: YE GODS (click to show/hide)

We have another winrar!

It's not really right to give this entirely to Monk12, considering many others did hours of investigative work. He was just the first, I think, to get them all correct in combination. In the explanatory spoiler, I'll list some small notes about the Soul Stars.

Spoiler: Rightful Owners (click to show/hide)

Ninja'd by Monk12.

YES

Let's all go play the fangame to celebrate. Great job, everyone.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:36:29 pm by freeformschooler »

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

Aw crap, I think javierpwn is right. The green overlay is just possession, not rightful ownership.

Actually, wait... looking back through Al never actually held the Illborn Exchange. Cherish was holding it the entire time, in her role as pack mule. The green overlay started on Al, then switched to Cherish after the perspective shift... what does it mean? I'm pretty sure it isn't merely an "active character" highlight, we never saw it before then IIRC.

Anywho, I snagged all the statue dialog into one place.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had thought "room dispatches" referred to the monsters spawning the next room over, but that number went up when it should have been going down (as Yaos was killing them.) Angel #2 is whatserface that hangs out with Oric? This whole thing sounds a lot like that majigger in the Greens we smashed up.

What a minute there. What if Room Dispatches are ROOM Dispatches. The statue is coordinating random room generation.
The first one says a room at (3,3,4) is unfit then flushes it to a sub dungeon. Then tests to see if the new room is working.

I think the second and third is telling us that Blue Chick  and Betweenford are moving around. They were going back to the Over Soul (OS). In the second, Third Sibling(Blue Chick) is moving around rooms. In the third Angel #2 (Betweenford) got back to the OS.

Edit:
Wow! Great job guys!

Dang. I was on the fence with Illborn Exchange. Though I will admit while I noticed Cain's change in theme colors and realized that purple was probably his real color, I completely blanked out the implications thereof especially in regards to the Soul Stars.

I was rather convinced that the Red Star couldn't be Oric's because of my idea that we had to come into contact with either the owners or the stars, but being as you confirmed that had something to do with it. It brings me back to the thought of when Ciro crossed paths with Oric last.

All very interesting. The part with the chess pieces someone brought up the thought they could be related to the Stars. I think you should have kept that a bit hush hush though. Still a bit more to discover though. Though... I think we aren't far off from figuring out at least one more

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:04:27 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Say, freeform, could you include copies of or at least links to that stuff in a location less obscure than the 280th page?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

Sure. I'll put it under the OP in the right place.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks!

Which theory should we craft next?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But MASTAHCHEESE! We don't have a BLOD skill remember, we need to find/buy a 'CLASSTREE' first!

Also, wasn't expecting anyone to win. Even though we've still got to figure out everything else about the Illborn. Like what drives them and such.

Also, congrats to FFS to giving us rewards we can't use until much later in the game! Thanks!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Yes!
I can't believe I actually got a question right, now all we have to do is figure out how to work that stupid thing!

But MASTAHCHEESE! We don't have a BLOD skill remember, we need to find/buy a 'CLASSTREE' first!
I know, it'll go to our health.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I eep saying that the illborn exchange probably works like a COMP
It's FEF, not FEOF

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably put some reagents into the Exchange, giving us perm/temp powers over slog, like turning him into an Electric slime elemental maybe with the help of energy reagents.

Also, now we just have to figure out why Ciro was bleeding to get free BLOD stats.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright. Shall we start by dredging the thread for the old theories and their evidence, as well as all hypothetically relevant pictures and quotes from that arena battle?
Sig

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Could someone post the page number for when Ciro bleeds? I can't find it

Page 196!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:01:41 pm by mastahcheese »
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also if the theory of Holding someone else's soul star affects how a person acts, here's some food for thought after Cherish has Al's soul star for a few turns.
IT'S HAPPENING ALREADY!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Also if the theory of Holding someone else's soul star affects how a person acts, here's some food for thought after Cherish has Al's soul star for a few turns.
IT'S HAPPENING ALREADY!

Bets on Cherish currently being on a murderous rampage?

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

Yes!
I can't believe I actually got a question right, now all we have to do is figure out how to work that stupid thing!

I know, it'll go to our health.

We don't need the Class tree to get a BLOD skill. We just need to buy and empty Stat Slot and some Skill Points. Class trees are needed to change classes.

Plus remember a BLOD stat would be useful in a lot of ways. First, if we add enough we go up tiers and get new abilities. Second, we get bonuses on rolls for Blood Shape which means better items as a result and less chance for failures.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:10:28 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

All very interesting. The part with the chess pieces someone brought up the thought they could be related to the Stars. I think you should have kept that a bit hush hush though. Still a bit more to discover though. Though... I think we aren't far off from figuring out at least one more

That one doesn't worry me, it's just mindless symbolism that doesn't give us much new information (similar to the shapes during the intermission). There's a lot of that in this game.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1544