Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696554 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: that sure is a lot of plot
« Reply #4260 on: May 25, 2013, 07:59:07 pm »

Anyways, seems like it is puzzle-time. Ask our passive friend the circumstances where changes occur - unless his soulstar really functions as a gem-bag, wich i kinda doubt.

Spoiler: Active Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive Party (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: May 25, 2013, 08:01:20 pm »

In case it's not bloody obvious, we need a key and something from Proxxy to open the door downward.

On that note, back to where we found Oric and 1W.  Let's keep poking around.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: May 25, 2013, 08:18:13 pm »

Spoiler: Soul Star Ideas (click to show/hide)

EDIT: More observations
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 08:23:37 pm by Xanmyral »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: May 25, 2013, 08:38:42 pm »

Spoiler: Soul Star Ideas (click to show/hide)

EDIT: More observations
It doesn't seem to be going to his percentage, but rather, the bottom pile supplements the top pile if they happen to match(And if they don't match, he gets a purple, which is his phycic stat?); adding another gem into the top mix, so he gets more every time. Which would explain why the pain gets worse everytime, because he will get more and more health everytime until he gets the bottom gems emptied out!

Maybe he gets phycic increase when he gets the purple!

My question is, what happens when the bottom pile runs out; as the name of the star itself implies debt of some sort.(maybe taking 7-8 of a random stat back into the Star)

Back to Oric  meeting room!
Edit:His explanation says it pretty nicely: The gems/numbers move from right to left, and the bottom goes into the top.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 08:57:58 pm by javierpwn »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: May 25, 2013, 08:58:13 pm »

The percentage isn't piece for piece my bet, takes longer than that to do it. The red number was seven, and now there's seven at the top and six on the bottom, so it isn't supplementing the top else there would be eight.

Yeah, I was thinking the same with the purple gems.

I really doubt its more pain at the top, because its been shown he can take them out, which he's been doing with the blue gems.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: May 25, 2013, 09:03:51 pm »

The slots feed in the following order:

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10

The #1 slot applies an effect to the holder, depending on what it contains. Gems are presumably gems, and are gained as items. My theory is that the numbers represent either HP or MP- red for HP, and blue for SP. Ask if he's regained SP from a blue number, and ask how often everything shifts. If he doesn't already know, we can test it easily by having him hang out at less than max SP and seeing if it restores after the next shift.

This supports the theory that if you forcibly gain HP while at max, bad things happen. This could be the cause of the whole "Ciro violently bleeding in the Arena" thing, but I have another theory brewing. It's something to do with being Soulbound.

EDIT: SEVERAL NINJAS

Also,

If the Red seven is what was supposed to be applied, why is there a Blue seven next to his head?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: May 25, 2013, 09:10:44 pm »

He gained the health number last time he fiddled with it. Which was in the other room.
Your explanation seems to fit more, even though I thought it was already implied about the stat gain, and gems

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: May 25, 2013, 09:10:49 pm »

...That makes a lot more sense actually, except what happens to the red seven? Shunted off to feed the great gem?

As for why, it only applies when the number first gets there, to that specific slot. It also appears to happen quite fast, in the short time we've been with him we've seen him regain mana several times. If what you say is correct, then I think when a number happens, they gain that stat, when a gem happens, he obtains that gem. So he can't take them out at will, I believe, and a new slot appears in the tenth place.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: May 25, 2013, 09:16:45 pm »

The one red number became shunted off, and it's energy was used to catalyze the reaction to turn it into 6 gems. Aka, seems to change into a number if it was a gem, and vice versa; only losing a number in the process.
But what happens when he runs out! We must find out!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: May 25, 2013, 09:23:22 pm »

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. I think what happens is that when the first one goes, it powers the Great Gem, there's a reason that's there, and a new slot is created in the tenth slot. It won't run out until a great gem is created, I wager. Its at eight percent, and it probably progresses slowly, so chances are if what you said was true he would of already ran out.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: May 25, 2013, 09:29:35 pm »

Well, if my theory is correct, when he activates it again; he will have 6 blue gems in the corner, and gain one phycic gem. And if he uses it again, we will see what happens to an empty slot! Probably a randomized number of stuff 1-7 with an 8% chance of receiving the great gem.

But the loss of the number probably does power the Great gem chance; either that, or it just depends on his SLVL, and he needs to kill some non-illborn to raise it.
(FFS proceeds to make all our theories incorrect)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:32:12 pm by javierpwn »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: May 25, 2013, 09:32:36 pm »

Well, here we see him being surrounded by 8 blue gems and gaining 8 SP, and here he gains 5 SP after spending 8. We never actually see him with a red number floating next to his head, so if either of those instances were connected to his soul majigger then the idea that they pop to warn they're in the first slot (rather than pop because they're an effect being applied) isn't true. Granted, they might not be- the gem one could be item use, and the other one could be some wonky effect of his skill. But somehow, I don't think so.

So what's the deal with the blue seven? Neither of the blue sevens in his soul majigger changed (other than position.) Red seven disappeared, six red gems appeared. Why a blue seven?

Part of me hopes ffs says it's a typo, but somehow I don't think I'm that lucky- my theory on what the numbers mean is probably wrong

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: May 25, 2013, 09:45:49 pm »

Blue seven is a blue seven, blue seven is seven mana, just as a red seven is seven health. It does lead to the idea that there are negative effects for attempts to raise above maximum health. He gained eight SP because he spent the gems to get them, he gained five SP because a blue five came up, I think. I believe this may contradict Javier's idea though, wouldn't there be four gems or a blue four floating around if that were true?

I'm not so sure that the percentage is an eight percent chance of getting the great gem, but you could be right. Raises with soul charge and if the percent comes up, he gets the gem. But what does it do? I figured it was something important, but it might not be indeed.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: May 25, 2013, 09:48:08 pm »

Ask if he's regained SP from a blue number, and ask how often everything shifts. If he doesn't already know, we can test it easily by having him hang out at less than max SP and seeing if it restores after the next shift.

In case it's not bloody obvious, we need a key and something from Proxxy to open the door downward.

On that note, back to where we found Oric and 1W.  Let's keep poking around.

The room where you met Oric is exactly as barren and west-exit-less as it was when you last entered. Which way now?

Spoiler: Active Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:55:24 pm by freeformschooler »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: May 25, 2013, 09:52:53 pm »

HE DIDN'T HAVE THAT PURPLE GEM A SECOND AGO WHAT THE HELL

"Show me your Soul Star, I want to see how it's changed. If we pay attention, maybe we can stop the horrible pain."

Also, let's go north. Because west and south don't exist.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 1544