Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3687116 times)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: that sure is a lot of plot
« Reply #4395 on: May 26, 2013, 08:44:12 pm »

If that is not the most un-subtle hint that we should try to get back onto the entrance floor for this item... - i mean, 600 pence, thats like half of what we have ever gathered up till now. So unless we want this as a long-term goal over the next 200 pages it really ought to be a sign. Or a whim.

Right! Let's ask Yaos how he got here and reclaim sweet loot. Also take the spell-book with us for levitation across that lava-pit, just in case.

The one we lost was the Skill Tree. A Class Tree was for sale elsewhere, (I'm not going to go back and check the whole thread again, but I think it was the shopkeeper in the pipe right next to where we met Al for the first time.) but with the shopkeepers' shifting inventories and price ranges, it might not be available there anymore.

We totally do want the Skill Tree, though, I think.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: May 26, 2013, 09:02:24 pm »

Against fusing either the ring or Bloodshape.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: May 26, 2013, 09:18:34 pm »

Just imagine the Frizz being fused with Spellbook of Breeze!
Firey-Windirection!
(Or just a book on fire, if we fail)
Buy inventory bag thing
Back to where we found Yaos
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:20:06 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: May 26, 2013, 09:35:08 pm »

((Also, I'm calling shenanigans. There's no feasible way a dunce as large as Ciro could form and properly explain such an incredibly elaborate theory, especially one for a theorycrafting question only requiring a couple sentences of evidence that no one has noticed and linked together yet.))
Worth a shot. But you gave away what I suspect is a bigger hint there. And it's definitely a big disappointment...

Or we could fail and lose our massive GM-admittedly broken ring and our only useful ability.  That is a Terrible Idea.
Im pretty sure you can't fail, it could just produce a halfway useless result.
(Also curious about the results o combining and entire inventory)
I count that as a failure, and it doesn't have enough slots.

What's that Hyrule Adventure thing and does anyone have a guess as to the sentences in question? I'd guess it had something to do with the chest pains, but freeform said it was sentences that no one had noticed...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: May 26, 2013, 09:43:30 pm »

I'm always down for theorycrafting, but we've got like 6 updates before Yaos goes One Winged Yandere on us. We need to throw some ideas at that ASAP.

Ask Yaos if he's ever been injured when one of the red numbers came up, and if it healed him. Get numbers if possible- how much he was hurt, how big the number was. Explain basic "overheal" idea.

Based on his dialogue, I'm guessing if he's ever been injured when a red number came up, it didn't heal him. If that's so, we need to come up with another theory quick. Whatever theory we've got, we'll only have one update after the 1 hits to test it before the doomy 8 arrives.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: May 26, 2013, 09:59:34 pm »

Yaos says the pain has grown worse over time. We've seen a red 7, 1, and 8 (in that order) in the soul star - getting somewhat bigger. I don't think the red numbers have anything to do with HP - it seems more like they're fueling the Mega Gem percentage. What if the soul star isn't going to spit out the Mega Gem? What if the Mega Gem is inside him, growing, like some hellish kidney stone/cancer? The Mega Gem's completion is the main bar on his soul star (where Ciro's soul charge is on the Astral Influx), so it's probably tied to his soul charge. That ultimate weapon he's looking for may very well be growing inside him. The excruciating pain that gets worse every time is the Mega Gem getting bigger.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: May 26, 2013, 10:06:38 pm »

I really hope you're wrong. Both because that's horrible and because it means there's no...oh no.

Hey guys, could something be growing inside Ciro?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: May 26, 2013, 10:07:35 pm »

Could be. Either way, it seems to be draining his soul charge, and if he doesn't get any new charge, he will become Illborn and lose connection to his star.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: May 26, 2013, 10:07:55 pm »

I really hope you're wrong. Both because that's horrible and because it means there's no...oh no.

You just put the worst connotations in my mind.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: May 26, 2013, 10:08:35 pm »

I hope so. Cancer is a fun sidequest.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: May 26, 2013, 10:09:03 pm »

...But how do we give someone charge? Does Ciro even know what that is? Yaos would either have to kill someone with charge, or go through something very, very emotional. But Yaos seems to really play up the "calm and collected" thing.

Any ideas?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: May 26, 2013, 10:09:32 pm »

...But how do we give someone charge? Does Ciro even know what that is? Yaos would either have to kill someone with charge, or go through something very, very emotional. But Yaos seems to really play up the "calm and collected" thing.

Any ideas?
Break her/him emotionally?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: May 26, 2013, 10:10:04 pm »

Any ideas?

The same way we fixed Ritlia - go oversoul and dump loads of energy into him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: May 26, 2013, 10:11:01 pm »

Any ideas?

First, mention the theory to Yaos. Only with his consent can we test it without alienating our ally, endangering our life, and being a big jerkface all at the same time.
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: May 26, 2013, 10:19:18 pm »

Any ideas?

First, mention the theory to Yaos. Only with his consent can we test it without alienating our ally, endangering our life, and being a big jerkface all at the same time.

Though, if he knows about it ahead of time it's much less likely to work in the first place. This is why Soul Charge CPR is hovering around Plan C on my list.

Assuming the hp overcharge theory is incorrect, and hoping the Illborn Cancer Baby is incorrect (as I don't know how to stop that) I'm going to guess that the red numbers are red because they take something away instead of giving it. Since there's not much we can do about it if they directly drain Soul Charge, I'm also going to assume that they try to take away something Yaos isn't providing, and when they can't they take the Soul Charge instead. Unfortunately this theory asks me to figure out what Yaos needs to provide, and I haven't the faintest idea what it could be.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 1544