Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3742401 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: We now return to...
« Reply #5115 on: June 01, 2013, 01:58:31 pm »

You are gonna electrocute Ciro, you know?

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: June 01, 2013, 02:00:54 pm »

Curses, it's not DOS!
Dendritic.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: June 01, 2013, 02:04:34 pm »

That wont do anything.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: June 01, 2013, 02:08:25 pm »

Okay. Notice all the numbers we're getting end in 2. That's probably because we're on DL2, and the coordinates work something like X, Y, Z. Or Y, X, Z, except we've gotten 6 in the first number and the grid is only 4 deep.

So when we said Find, it was telling us that whatever it's finding is directly to the right of that M.
Pre-entry keypoint is the rightmost space we've visited this level. Was that where we found Yaos?
Read-only keypoint is where we are right now. That makes sense- we can't modify anything, only examine it.
Up keypoint is in the upper lefthand corner. That's the stairs up, presumably.
Warp is saying that... the lowest lefhand corner has a warp point to the rightmost space we've visited? Maybe that's why bosses were raining from the sky- they were warping in from elsewhere on the same level.

In other words, this command line is just a finder-thingy for other thingies. We can guess at some of them (way up, this command prompt) and aren't quite sure about others (target of Find command).

So. Try Find> again to make sure it's not shifting around. Then try deldir>, the only command we haven't tried yet.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: June 01, 2013, 02:09:50 pm »

Spoiler: computer stuff (click to show/hide)

Yes, I'm obsessed with computer puzzles.

But since we seem to have moved on to the lightning bolt,  let's push the base to the room with the one eyed statue.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: June 01, 2013, 02:10:32 pm »

...Huh, so warp actually warps from one room to another. So seems we just warped something from the bottom left corner of the map to the room Yaos was in. Weird.

Anyway, don't touch the statue. Summon plant matter to touch it, from a very far safe distance.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: June 01, 2013, 02:11:28 pm »

On further analysis, Yaos' room was directly to the left of the M, not the rightmost space we've visited.

Currently trying to figure out what that room was, but, uh...
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: June 01, 2013, 02:11:47 pm »

So. Try Find> again to make sure it's not shifting around. Then try deldir>, the only command we haven't tried yet.
+1

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: June 01, 2013, 02:14:19 pm »

On YET FURTHER investigation, the rightmost room we've visited IS INDEED the room where we found Yaos. I got confused by finding Yaos battling something elsewhere.

So yes, the Warp thing might be why bosses were raining from the sky. It's likely that Yaos' weapon is indeed in the upper righthand corner, too, and that's what the console is Finding.

tl;dr untold power likely awaits us if we can beat that wisp boss. "Untold" being relative, I'm sure.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: June 01, 2013, 02:15:36 pm »

If this is read only, than there is hope for DOS fun-time! I can't believe I didn't see that.
Dendritic.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: June 01, 2013, 02:16:32 pm »

Try pushing the base across the floor
Can you move the base it's on? Maybe push it into the water.

(DUMB FIGHTER STRENGTH: Unavailable) You can't seem to move the base. It's fixed in place.

Create plantmatter gloves!
You are gonna electrocute Ciro, you know?
Have Goombess touch it!

You cast Growth on your hands, but casting the spell only creates some useless plant matter at your feet. Meanwhile, you send Goombess to go touch the Lightning Bolt Thingy. She immediately feels a zapping sensation upon touching it and takes 4 Elec damage.

+1

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:43:58 pm by freeformschooler »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: June 01, 2013, 02:17:42 pm »

Well, I think we're done here. Go peek into the room on the left.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1544