Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741264 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5505 on: June 04, 2013, 06:42:30 pm »

This also ties into Ciro recognizing Al at the Greens.

Ciro can hardly recognize Al if s/he hadn't encountered him on previous cycles, and if Al was jive to the whole "cycle" thing then he would have known who Ciro was as soon as he fell down into Underside. Thus, Al thinks there's this whole class of adventurers he terms "Silents," when really he just keeps meeting Ciro over and over.
Would she have known about any of that stuff even if she had met him before, though? That looks more like some seeing into his soul stuff than having noticed him raising an adoptive daughter and murdering someone for no reason before.

I'm operating on the premises that A) Ciro's exposition is the result of partially remembering many previous cycles at once (and not actually some kind of divination to get new information) and B) Each cycle is substantially different, though following a general guideline. Most notably, I think that in most cycles we either don't befriend Al, or we don't switch perspective to him immediately prior to dying. Cycles which recognize that Al is motivated by a desire to protect Cherish lead to the "gentleman, kind heart, protector" characterizations, while cycles that figure out the vampire angle or see the corpses Al refers to in his letter to Cherish lead to the "hidden side, black heart, killer" characterizations.

Since we're assuming that Ciro has met Al many many times (possibly every cycle,) and Ciro's exposition is an amalgamation of those meetings, it's not beyond reason that Ciro has never (or rarely) figured out all of the above in a single cycle before. Again, assuming that this is the first/only cycle that Al has accompanied Ciro out of the Underside in.

You go look in storage. The guard down here seems unharmed, but he's one of those NON-TALKY TYPES. You know, like the shopkeepers. Except you don't know that because you haven't met a shopkeeper yet.

New Theory: the Postman is Oric.

Oh my sweet Armok... It would make sense! What with the bomb and everything!

Actually there's still the problem of Ciro being dead when the postman was on-screen.

Also, kindof weird to me that Oric would deliver Proxxy's hatemail/explosive.

Arbitrarily specific timeframes... OR A CLUE!?! hint: it is the former

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: June 04, 2013, 06:47:49 pm »

Totally unrelated, but you know the sprite fangame thingy? Feature that it absolutely must have: KEYBINDINGS.

Seriously. FUCKING. Seriously. I have had so much health drained because I was caught between 10 enemies and unable to attack effectively because the fucking jump, attack, and movement keys are so close. Most people use two hands for greater coordination and effeciency. You really should develop some way to make that a thing, because I don't want to go rig up Joy2Key or something like that just to not die. The new versions of the game have alleviated a few problems it had, such as the invisibility of SP and inability to recover, but still. Problems exist with control. Playing the game one-handed should not be a requirement.
Yeah.... The reason the keys are all so close together is because I originally intended it to be played with muliple characters on one keyboard, which is why the space is so compact, but since Co-op most likely won't be re-added into the game any time soon, I'll probably change them to a two-hand configureation.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: June 04, 2013, 07:03:46 pm »

So here's a crazy theory. We've met exactly one Silent in the whole game: Ciro. We also know that Ciro is involved in some elaborate cycle of amnesiac reincarnation, which s/he has repeated multiple times. So what if every Silent to pass through Underside was a different reincarnation of Ciro?

Probably the most interesting implication of that premise is that Al strongly implied he's seen multiple Silents come through the village, suggesting that either each cycle is quite short (i.e Ciro dies quickly) or Al has been down in Underside for a hella long time. Though we already knew that second one, not that we've tied an actual timeframe to anything.

This also ties into Ciro recognizing Al at the Greens.

Ciro can hardly recognize Al if s/he hadn't encountered him on previous cycles, and if Al was jive to the whole "cycle" thing then he would have known who Ciro was as soon as he fell down into Underside. Thus, Al thinks there's this whole class of adventurers he terms "Silents," when really he just keeps meeting Ciro over and over.

On top of that, it seems quite unlikely Al has ever left Underside before this cycle (we even got a whole cutscene out of it!) which would imply that Al's (and Cherish's) current Underside Exodus is a major departure from previous cycles. If that's true, then we should be really careful of Al and Cherish since it seems likely they'll be eliminated/reset at the first opportunity in order to "normalize" this aberrant cycle. Unless the reset of the cycle also gives Al partial amnesia.

Partial amnesia. Is there anything it can't explain?
Interesting theory...although for that last bit, I'd like to note that Al has not yet left the Warrens, and that there's nothing to suggest he hasn't left the Underside before and returned. Assuming, of course, that he's been down here more than a couple years or that Wilford has left out times in the interim when exceptional circumstances let him let Al out. (Say, if that Cycle's Ciro was a much larger guy who knocked out Wilford before he could complain, or Wilford had a convenient flu.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: June 04, 2013, 07:41:54 pm »

No, I meant that Al hasn't left the Underside before.

Al drew a sword on us when he thought we were jerking his chain about leaving the Underside to return to the Warrens. (Still pondering implications that Underside and the Warrens are not the same place at all.) And if that's not enough, he says right in his letter to Cherish that "the reason I'm rarely home is because I'm always looking for ways to escape the Underside." Specifically the Underside, and not the Warrens (maybe he thinks it's easy to run back up to D1 and out once he gets back to the Warrens?) Since that was followed by this,

I'm assuming that Al hasn't left the Underside in that same period of time. Actually wait no, that Wilford quote like three posts up? That might be when Al arrived in Underside, which leaves us with a year of unaccounted time (possibly spent doing the adventurer thing in the Warrens, looking for Cherish.) In either case, if the Silents = Ciro theory is true then each cycle is probably quite short, if Al has met enough Silents to name them categorically in 2-3 years.

Also, while looking for citations for the above... when we asked Al if he was adventuring with Riltia to save us,

Who the hell is in this place that AL of all people trusts!?! It wasn't us, we died before giving him any instructions. I had thought it was the Chief (since he was onscreen for telling Al to use the somethingorother, presumably the Revival Tube,) but the letter to Cherish makes it sound like Al didn't trust Chief at all, with that "kill him if he's doing what I think he's doing" talk. Cherish was absent, and certainly not giving any instructions that would lead Al to revive Ciro.

I had thought these were the instructions, and that the LSS was the revival machine. But... maybe it isn't? Looking back, it sounds like he just expected Al to do the vampire thing in the privacy of the Greens. Don't know what that makes the LSS. And I certainly don't know what that makes "the person Al trusts."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: June 04, 2013, 07:59:07 pm »

Forgot that stuff. Interesting implications...
But what makes you think Al's been in the Warrens only that long?

And another thing occurs to me. Remember how Al was supposed to be a minor character? Maybe this is the first cycle where Al is more than an NPC in town to chat with and enjoy some sideplots with.

-----

As to who Al trusts...maybe himself? He also referred to himself as "a guy" he knew when he didn't want to admit to being that guy, maybe the same here.
LSS sounds like Life Support Systems, not something you want a potentially-crazy vampiric druid to be messing around with.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: June 04, 2013, 08:08:17 pm »

I'm operating on the premises that A) Ciro's exposition is the result of partially remembering many previous cycles at once (and not actually some kind of divination to get new information) and B) Each cycle is substantially different, though following a general guideline. Most notably, I think that in most cycles we either don't befriend Al, or we don't switch perspective to him immediately prior to dying. Cycles which recognize that Al is motivated by a desire to protect Cherish lead to the "gentleman, kind heart, protector" characterizations, while cycles that figure out the vampire angle or see the corpses Al refers to in his letter to Cherish lead to the "hidden side, black heart, killer" characterizations.

Since we're assuming that Ciro has met Al many many times (possibly every cycle,) and Ciro's exposition is an amalgamation of those meetings, it's not beyond reason that Ciro has never (or rarely) figured out all of the above in a single cycle before. Again, assuming that this is the first/only cycle that Al has accompanied Ciro out of the Underside in.
Problem: Didn't Al come in from the outside? That wouldn't explain why he's not doomed like Yaos, but his backstory seemed to indicate that he was in the aboveworld, then jumped into the Warrens proper.

I'm assuming that Al hasn't left the Underside in that same period of time. Actually wait no, that Wilford quote like three posts up? That might be when Al arrived in Underside, which leaves us with a year of unaccounted time (possibly spent doing the adventurer thing in the Warrens, looking for Cherish.) In either case, if the Silents = Ciro theory is true then each cycle is probably quite short, if Al has met enough Silents to name them categorically in 2-3 years.
Or that he didn't try to leave for a year, or that the last time he tried to leave was two years ago.

Of course, if Al goes to the Greens to revive people and gets attacked by Illborn on a regular basis, it doesn't make much sense that he's never gotten out that way. Maybe he just slipped past the guard sometimes and gave up trying to talk his way through two years ago?

Who the hell is in this place that AL of all people trusts!?! It wasn't us, we died before giving him any instructions. I had thought it was the Chief (since he was onscreen for telling Al to use the somethingorother, presumably the Revival Tube,) but the letter to Cherish makes it sound like Al didn't trust Chief at all, with that "kill him if he's doing what I think he's doing" talk. Cherish was absent, and certainly not giving any instructions that would lead Al to revive Ciro.

I had thought these were the instructions, and that the LSS was the revival machine. But... maybe it isn't? Looking back, it sounds like he just expected Al to do the vampire thing in the privacy of the Greens. Don't know what that makes the LSS. And I certainly don't know what that makes "the person Al trusts."
...whoa. I think he may have been joking/exaggerating about burning Chief at the stake, and he might trust Chief in some ways and not others, but yeah.

Plus, either way, who's giving Al what orders and why?

Complicating the revival machine aspect is the fact that we really don't understand what Al did, could have done, or was supposed to do. I think the LSS was something in the Greens, though, because he mentions "check or use" it, which would only make sense for an item he was carrying around if he needed to be elsewhere to do so. And because we saw his inventory before and after that and he didn't have an LSS on him.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: June 04, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »

Explain something: the fuck happened with Yaos? I read most of it running on very little sleep so I didn't read the details.
Pretty lights...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: June 04, 2013, 08:11:18 pm »

Explain something: the fuck happened with Yaos? I read most of it running on very little sleep so I didn't read the details.
Pretty lights...
I sure as hell don't know.

Apparently Yaos forced her(?) way into the Warrens, something you can only do if you've got a lot of willpower and natural talent. This in turn doomed her, but I'm not entirely sure why. Something about the Warrens being sterile, so I guess Yaos was essentially a foreign body the Warrens refused to accept?

Someone else could probably give a better, more accurate explanation.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: June 04, 2013, 08:12:43 pm »

Yaos was a girl?!
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: June 04, 2013, 08:16:40 pm »

Problem: Didn't Al come in from the outside? That wouldn't explain why he's not doomed like Yaos, but his backstory seemed to indicate that he was in the aboveworld, then jumped into the Warrens proper.
If this is true, he's only shown up in recent cycles. We can't know how accurate this could be without more knowledge of cycle duration.

Of course, if Al goes to the Greens to revive people and gets attacked by Illborn on a regular basis, it doesn't make much sense that he's never gotten out that way. Maybe he just slipped past the guard sometimes and gave up trying to talk his way through two years ago?
Good point.

Complicating the revival machine aspect is the fact that we really don't understand what Al did, could have done, or was supposed to do. I think the LSS was something in the Greens, though, because he mentions "check or use" it, which would only make sense for an item he was carrying around if he needed to be elsewhere to do so. And because we saw his inventory before and after that and he didn't have an LSS on him.
It's not the only thing it complicates...
Anyways, can we think of anythink with the initials LSS? Or with a description abbreviated to...wait.
LSS. Life support systems. Air vents. Escape. Like the "inverse escape" we performed. Could Chief's warning to stay away from the LSS be a subtle way of keeping Al from finding creative ways to escape the Underside? And if so...why?

Pretty lights...
I sure as hell don't know.
Apparently Yaos forced her(?) way into the Warrens, something you can only do if you've got a lot of willpower and natural talent. This in turn doomed her, but I'm not entirely sure why. Something about the Warrens being sterile, so I guess Yaos was essentially a foreign body the Warrens refused to accept?
Someone else could probably give a better, more accurate explanation.
Yaos's Soul Star started throwing up red numbers, something kablooied, and we went into a Soul Duel to try and stop it. I think we succeeded.
As to what it means? Who knows?

Yaos was a girl?!
I knew I was right in adding that trope...
No. He's a guy. I think. Currently.
Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: June 04, 2013, 08:25:14 pm »

Well, I think we can use the high scores as a kind of quick-n-dirty way of knowing how long cycles usually go on. The longest cycle winds up to chapter seven. I believe, going by what I'm looking at in the navigation section and some assumptions, chapters deal with the floor of focus, as chapter one was floor one, chapter two was Underside, chapter three Floor two... So, if guessing by that, they got to at most... Floor six? Five maybe? This all depends on if there are other sub-areas like the Underside, as they seem to constitute a chapter as well. Bear in mind there may of been a Ciro that just barreled through the floors like a freight train, instead of meticulously go almost everywhere.

They all, or most of them, manage to get to floor three though, as said by Cain. I wonder when the cycle resets though, is my question. Its obvious that Ciro dying won't do it, so I guess it has to do with our soulstar, perhaps if we die either without it, with no one else usable on it, or something akin to that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: June 04, 2013, 08:38:29 pm »

Remind me, what happened a fraction of a turn before we died?
We switched the perspective to Al.
I'm not sure what this did, in-character; maybe it let some of Ciro's vital essence seep inside Al to keep his spirit tethered to the world and stop it from reincarnating?
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: June 04, 2013, 08:45:06 pm »

Forgot that stuff. Interesting implications...
But what makes you think Al's been in the Warrens only that long?

And another thing occurs to me. Remember how Al was supposed to be a minor character? Maybe this is the first cycle where Al is more than an NPC in town to chat with and enjoy some sideplots with.

-----

As to who Al trusts...maybe himself? He also referred to himself as "a guy" he knew when he didn't want to admit to being that guy, maybe the same here.
LSS sounds like Life Support Systems, not something you want a potentially-crazy vampiric druid to be messing around with.

Apart from Al mentioning he hasn't been on the surface in "three years," he also mentions that Cherish was "what, 8-9 when I first found you?" in his letter. So yeah, unless somebody has been wiping the memories of both Al and Cherish and reincarnating Cherish as younger version of herself, then it's probably only been 3 years for him. Couple that with the "Ciro is the Silents" theory (or even just the "Ciro must have met Al multiple times if he has past-life memories of him to draw on" part of it) and we have established that one cycle takes place in, at most, three years, and likely much more frequently than that. If we can nail down how often Al sees Silents, and how long the "between-cycle" period is, then we can make a good guess at how long a given cycle lasts. Which could be important to know, considering we probably die at the end of each one.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Al making the Active Party was a "rare/never happened before" occurrence, considering it took both Ciro attempting to recruit him AND rolling a nat 20 to succeed.

Yes, Al did come from outside the Warrens, which suggests that he was not present for all (or even a majority of) Ciro's cycles. However, my theory rests not on Al being there for every cycle, just enough cycles for Ciro to recognize him when flushed with the memories of past cycles.

Or that he didn't try to leave for a year, or that the last time he tried to leave was two years ago.

It's interesting to speculate on how much of the Underside Al had ready access to. He mentioned bringing bodies to Mili's house, so either he was murdering villagers or he was able to sneak past Wilford to the Outer Underside. If that's the case, I wonder why he didn't climb up that ladder back to the Warrens, since he definitely wants to escape the Underside.

I also don't think Ciro dying that early in the cycle is a regular occurrence, and is likely one of a few major aberrations from the regular cycle that occur during Al's Story.

...whoa. I think he may have been joking/exaggerating about burning Chief at the stake, and he might trust Chief in some ways and not others, but yeah.

Plus, either way, who's giving Al what orders and why?

Man, when your "last dying request" in a letter addressed to your foster daughter is that you want a dude straight up murdered, especially as a priority before the "escape the Warrens" mission you've been pursuing the last three years, you're probably serious about it.

LSS... the Chief said to "check or use" the LSS in the Greens, so it probably is something fixed there. Using it wasn't a given, so it seems unlikely to be the Revival Tube (if it was the Revival Tube, he'd know we'd have to use it to bring back Ciro, and it didn't really have much to "check on.") The only other thing in the Greens... is that big sphere thingy? Does it actually have a use?

FAKEDIT: NINJAS AND YAOS DISCUSSION!

As far as I can tell, Yaos died for intruding in the Warrens, or as part of some kind of Faustian deal. I still respect him for taking the shotgun to the face, but damn his maudlin ramblings that did not clear up anything about why he was down here, or how he got here, or what. I'd say the whole thing was a Big Red-Lipped Alligator Moment, but I think we're just not putting the clues together and/or future events will illuminate what the fuck that was all about.

That said, it's a good question. We're one of the Siblings, so we didn't really come from outside the Warrens, we just thought we did. Al came from outside the Warrens, and hasn't died (though he does have that whole vampire thing that may or may not predate the Warrens.) Yaos came from outside the Warrens, and seems to have paid for his transgression with his life. Why Yaos, and not Al?

I'm REALLY PRETTY SURE KINDA that Yaos is a dude. At least, I don't recall FFS referring to Yaos with feminine pronouns at any point, and I think he did use masculine ones. Too lazy to check, gender is irrelevant.

Remind me, what happened a fraction of a turn before we died?
We switched the perspective to Al.
I'm not sure what this did, in-character; maybe it let some of Ciro's vital essence seep inside Al to keep his spirit tethered to the world and stop it from reincarnating?

I'm really thinking that this is the thing we did different from every previous cycle. The branching point from which all other discrepancies arise.

Here's a question- when Riltia fell in the acid, Oric/Betweenford went all Deus Ex Machina to keep her alive in order to perpetuate the cycle. So why didn't they act when Ciro died before that? Were they unable (as he possessed his own Soul Star) or unwilling (they really do want him dead-dead) or were they trying but just offscreen? That whole bomb in the mailbox really could have been intended solely to get Al and Ciro's body out of Underside and into the Greens, where he could be revived. Implying they don't know about Al and his vampire revival that was already going to happen.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: June 04, 2013, 09:11:36 pm »

Yaos was a girl?!
FFS mentioned girls forced to fight to the death. Might have been stretching the reference or joking about Yaos' appearance, but I assumed it meant he was a she.

Of course, now that we've devoured his soul or somesuch maybe FFS will just tell us. I hold somewhat less hope for definitively figuring out what the hell just happened.

Man, when your "last dying request" in a letter addressed to your foster daughter is that you want a dude straight up murdered, especially as a priority before the "escape the Warrens" mission you've been pursuing the last three years, you're probably serious about it.
"Burn him at the stake" seems rather specific and over the top for that, though. That's the main reason I think it was a figure of speech. If he'd just said "And kill him if blah blah," then yeah, I'd probably assume he was dead serious about it too.

LSS... the Chief said to "check or use" the LSS in the Greens, so it probably is something fixed there. Using it wasn't a given, so it seems unlikely to be the Revival Tube (if it was the Revival Tube, he'd know we'd have to use it to bring back Ciro, and it didn't really have much to "check on.") The only other thing in the Greens... is that big sphere thingy? Does it actually have a use?
The "or" makes me wonder. Maybe it's only operational under certain circumstances, so he has to check on it and if its no good try a different method? Or maybe check on when it'll be operational again?

It's also possible LSS refers to something that uses or is involved with the tube. Maybe the tube is just the user interface, and the LSS proper is some system or mechanism that's not always available or viable just because the tube's still standing.

As for the sphere... we could listen in on its conversation, so obviously it's related to communication in some way. Whether it's a relay or an earpiece or what is open to speculation, though. Notably, it's physically possible Al used it to get orders from someone, though given that the conversation we listened into was encoded and not meant for Al, it seems more likely that it's a relay node and not intended for end use.

That said, it's a good question. We're one of the Siblings, so we didn't really come from outside the Warrens, we just thought we did. Al came from outside the Warrens, and hasn't died (though he does have that whole vampire thing that may or may not predate the Warrens.) Yaos came from outside the Warrens, and seems to have paid for his transgression with his life. Why Yaos, and not Al?
It might be worth noting that I don't think Ciro's confirmed that he came from outside, she just mentioned that "I'm not sure I did either" or similar. I mean, it'd almost have to be the case because otherwise what are these cycles and such, but that particular fuzziness stuck out to me.

Vampirism is definitely one possibility. On the other hand, that guard came in with him and didn't die either... until, you know.

So, maybe something about the method? If Al slipped in when the door was open, so to speak, he might not have been tagged as an intruder. If Yaos punched in through the walls, he might not have been so lucky.

There's also the fact that Yaos was some sort of powerful mage while Al is a druid and guard was a guard, but Ciro/Yaos specifically mentioned you needed a lot of willpower and talent to get in, so we're kind of back to the peasant entrance bit above.

I'm really thinking that this is the thing we did different from every previous cycle. The branching point from which all other discrepancies arise.
Could that be the case, though? It's not like we knew what we were doing with that thing, and we would probably have had it pretty often in these cycles, right? I guess this cycle or that occurence could be strange, not unique, but it seems strange that this would have been the very first time ever we pressed the shiny star and ended up as someone else.

Here's a question- when Riltia fell in the acid, Oric/Betweenford went all Deus Ex Machina to keep her alive in order to perpetuate the cycle. So why didn't they act when Ciro died before that? Were they unable (as he possessed his own Soul Star) or unwilling (they really do want him dead-dead) or were they trying but just offscreen? That whole bomb in the mailbox really could have been intended solely to get Al and Ciro's body out of Underside and into the Greens, where he could be revived. Implying they don't know about Al and his vampire revival that was already going to happen.
This is a good question. And it reminds me of another thing- the voices in that instance were talking about her like she had a part to play, despite her actions and circumstances seeming pretty bizarre and happenstance. I mean, is it common that we get a mission to kill her and then join up with her instead? I guess it could be...

As another thing to keep in mind, they knew when she died. That might or might not mean they were aware of her and Ciro's general circumstances, ie that he was dead in good company.

Otherwise... maybe because Ciro's the Target, his death and rebirth are different from everyone else's. Maybe it's more central, like the end of a play, so if he dies while everyone else is alive so what, whereas if someone else dies before that it's like losing actors before the end. Maybe it's the opposite, he dies and is reborn all the time, so it doesn't really affect much, whereas someone like Riltia dying is a relatively major event.

It's also worth remembering the form they revived her as. What exactly was the point of that?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: June 04, 2013, 09:13:16 pm »

@coming in from outside kills you:
Slog came in from outside and he didn't asplode into evil soul thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1544