Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3736843 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5610 on: June 05, 2013, 07:37:39 pm »

Anybody have a map of theorycraft creek? And a spare paddle?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: June 05, 2013, 07:38:05 pm »

words removed in service of pacing
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 10:17:40 am by freeformschooler »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: June 05, 2013, 07:47:05 pm »

Note that this is what killed my optimistic reboot of A Change of Scenery.

So it's dead-dead then.  :-\

It's literally impossible for me to run. I've re-made that last update that was never posted five times now. Sorry. I mentioned that in another thread.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: June 05, 2013, 07:48:29 pm »

Note that this is what killed my optimistic reboot of A Change of Scenery.

So it's dead-dead then.  :-\

It's literally impossible for me to run. I've re-made that last update that was never posted five times now. Sorry. I mentioned that in another thread.

Phooey. Oh well. All good things must come to an end.

I'm retiring Garek Vitrowa for good now. Every game I've brought him into since the one he came from died horribly shortly after.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: June 05, 2013, 07:56:24 pm »

Alright, the offer is still out there though, FFS, in case you ever change your mind. Just remember that, despite the snarkiness, we love you. More than Slog.

Ok maybe you and Slog are tied.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: June 05, 2013, 08:01:30 pm »

Well, some of the love for Slog flows over to you because you are Slog's maker, so I guess we do love you more than Slog.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: June 05, 2013, 08:29:17 pm »

And when the people in charge are noting anomalies, something weird is going on...
That may well happen every cycle.
If it happens regularly, why would it be considered an anomaly? Anomalies are weird, unexplained or unexpected things, not things that happen periodically. "It's been four years since the last presidential election and now there's another? What an anomaly!" I don't think so.

I didn't mean that a given anomaly happens every cycle, if it did that it obviously wouldn't be an anomaly (unless of course it kept happening every time and they had no idea why, but in that case it would probably just be noted as "yep, that strange thing happened again").
I meant that they may well be noting anomalies every cycle, especially since each cycle would be quite different given that a number of the participants change significantly between cycles.
Saying "this cycle has anomalies therefore it's gone way off the rails!" is crazy talk (yes I realise that saying that here is probably redundant), anomalies are to be expected in something the size and complexity of the Warrens/Underside/wherever else the cycles cover.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: June 05, 2013, 08:57:24 pm »

And when the people in charge are noting anomalies, something weird is going on...
That may well happen every cycle.
If it happens regularly, why would it be considered an anomaly? Anomalies are weird, unexplained or unexpected things, not things that happen periodically. "It's been four years since the last presidential election and now there's another? What an anomaly!" I don't think so.
I didn't mean that a given anomaly happens every cycle, if it did that it obviously wouldn't be an anomaly (unless of course it kept happening every time and they had no idea why, but in that case it would probably just be noted as "yep, that strange thing happened again").
I meant that they may well be noting anomalies every cycle, especially since each cycle would be quite different given that a number of the participants change significantly between cycles.
Saying "this cycle has anomalies therefore it's gone way off the rails!" is crazy talk (yes I realise that saying that here is probably redundant), anomalies are to be expected in something the size and complexity of the Warrens/Underside/wherever else the cycles cover.
Ah.
I see your argument.
Still, the anomalies we've identified, such as playing non-Siblings for a while (whatever that means), recruiting a Sibling and a major minion of another, and a giant Sibling/Illborn/Yandere thing carbing tunnels through the Warrens, seem like ones that would throw off the Cycle...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: June 05, 2013, 09:08:47 pm »

When we finally confront Proxxy, I think we shouldn't kill her.

I've been thinking, and maybe when a sibling dies, they respawn with no memories. Proxxy is pretty in the dark compared to the others as she dies very often at the hand of The Target. If we captured her instead and somehow prevent the other siblings from killing her, we might have one more token to defeat Oric, nay defeat THE WARRENS for good.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: June 05, 2013, 09:23:20 pm »

I'd be cool with TWoOtA being updated weekly.  Especially if it was on the same day each week.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: June 05, 2013, 09:25:36 pm »

I'd be cool with TWoOtA being updated weekly.  Especially if it was on the same day each week.

That would be cool, but I don't have a consistent weekly schedule for my life, so one for forum games might be reaching :P

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: June 05, 2013, 09:32:58 pm »

So, FFS, what should be the next thing I add to the Fan Game?

I just now changed the controls to be less diabolical.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: June 05, 2013, 09:33:57 pm »

Definitely add Al, he is my favorite character because he has caused players the most net rage/anguish.

The fangame sure is coming along nicely. Good work with that.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: June 05, 2013, 09:37:30 pm »

Definitely add Al, he is my favorite character because he has caused players the most net rage/anguish.

The fangame sure is coming along nicely. Good work with that.
Thank you, the reason I haven't gotten around to adding him in is that I haven't quite figured out how to get his Druid's Bulwark to work properly.
But now that I've been caring less and less about balancing each of the characters (Particularly since Betweenford is so fast and has so much health, he's a little OP), I think I'll just make Al OP as well.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1544